PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying 250R

BADD660's
01-27-2012, 07:49 AM
New to the 250R scene and was hoping you guys could help me out a little identifying it and answering some questions:
1.) Whats it worth? or what could it be worth with new paint etc?
2.) Does the 9th digit in the vin indicate which year it is?
3.) Is the front Lonestar/Works combo considered "Long Travel" for this machine?
4.) Are the fenders stock? If not what brand?
5.) How does everybody get there motors so shiney, sand blast and then some good old elbow grease with mothers?
6.) Any secret to sprucing up chrome?

Parts that I know are:
Graydon Front Bumper
Lonestar +3 +1 A-arms
Stainless Brake Lines
Tires and rims have been swapped to T9 Fronts/Beadlock rears with Kenda Tires
Works Front/Back Shocks
PEP Stabilizer
Lonestar Stem
Renthal Bars
Pro Design Tether
E-Z Pull Clutch Lever
CT Racing Seat Cover
Chassis/Swingarm Skids
FMF Pipe/Silencer
Aluminum Air Box
K&N Filter
DG Nerfs/Grab Bar
Dura Blue Axle
Nacs Parking Brake Block Off/Case Saver
OMF Radiator Scoops

CT Motor- Any guess on which kit it might be, looks like it has the spacer plate on bottom of cylinder???

Carb- Stock? any guesses?

Swingarm? Brand? It is steel

Thanks for all the help guys, I am excited to get started on this project!

BADD660's
01-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Motor

BADD660's
01-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Swing-Arm... P.S.- How do you post more than one picture in a post?

BADD660's
01-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Front

TLR-Online
01-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Looks like an 88/89 Frame - It looks to have been repaired on the left side near the swingarm bolt (and not that good of a repair job).

There is also a front engine mount missing on the left side, is the mounting point still on the frame? i couldnt see it in the pictures.

Maier Red Plastic

Lonestar Swingarm - Steel

Probably a CT 310 or 330 kit with a Keihin 39mm carb

It seems like a decent bike, just needs a good cleaning.

Pressure wash it then see what area's need more attention. I normally wash it a few times using simple green and a soft brush. Just keep washing it until it does not get any cleaner lol, it will take some time and elbow grease.

beastlywarrior
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Lt will depend on your shock length but those look standard to me

BADD660's
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
The frame is not in good shape at all, those motor mounts are missing. It was repaired (BAD) By foot peg area, has cracks underneath motor in mounts and definitely needs a good cleaning.

Do you think this frame is worth saving (Im not sure if it has matching numbers, I will check tonight) and repairing/powder coating or find a used one on ebay and have painted, which one will be more cost efficient?

I am located in CT, anybody have any recomendations for frame work or powder coating?

DoonRider
01-27-2012, 03:29 PM
You can pick up a good OEM frame for cheap on here or ebay...I'd scrap that one. Try to find one that hasn't been powdered yet as it will sandblast easier.
I see you're asking what 250R's are worth. These things won't make you any money flipping them unfortunately. But they are fun as heck to build, polish, and ocasionally ride.:)

fx4pitrone
01-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Where in CT are you located? I had Plas-tec Coatings in South Windsor do all of my frames... Ask for Brian or Shakey.... they do nice work and cut ya a deal if u got cash....

BADD660's
01-30-2012, 06:32 AM
South Windsor is about an hour and 20 mins ffrom me in Brookfield. I will make the drive if they are that good. Do they weld also, or just paint?

fx4pitrone
01-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Yea that's quite the haul!! I used to date a girl in Brookfield... lol I know the drive!

I don't think they do any welding/repair... I always had that done prior to bringing it to them so I'm not too sure.....

BADD660's
01-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Doonrider- I am not looking to flip it, I am looking forward to restoring it to make it look good, but still ride it also. I was just wondering what the market value is!

fx4pitrone- Whats her name? LOL
I am most likely going to grab a used frame so I will keep them in mind for powder coating. This frame I have now is cracked in too many spots, missing a motor mount, and already has some bad repairs!