PDA

View Full Version : Goldspeed Tires

Zkid09
01-26-2012, 09:20 PM
which of the goldspeed tires would you guys recommend for running mx?

i have heard a few different opinions, but looking for a big overall opinion from you guys that have run them both.

mxf or sx fronts?? why or why not?
same for rears, mxr or mxr2s?

also what compound??
and finally what are the pros and cons??

Kovatch
01-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Most people were running the SX fronts & MXR2 rears. Most of the time, you would want soft compound but they wear out really fast.

MXR2: They grip well in the corners as they have the 45 degree tread on the outside. You do not get the same traction if you flip them. The rear nubs are grooved/angled forward to bite more, but some people have flipped them.

MX: I have not & do not know of anyone that has ran the MX tire, so I cannot provide feedback. They look to provide the same traction if you flip them (mirrored tread pattern).

SX: I ran the Razrcross fronts & liked them/that tread pattern. It feels like wherever you point to bars, it wants to dig in & go in that direction (most of the time).

That's my opinion. I'm sure others may comment otherwise.

3leggeddog
01-30-2012, 06:02 AM
your gonna use different tread patterns and compunds for different tracks, if your seriuos about your racing at least. If your just asking about a good all around tire combo the SX front ands the MXR-2 are going to be your better choice. prob in the medium compound if you dont mind replacing them every 10-12 moto's.

now if you break it down further, in my own opinion the MXF is a better sand,loom track front tire. and the "dog bone" rear's are also better for these conditions.they clean out and channel the softer, sandy dirt really well. the SX and MXR-2 also work good in these conditions, but not my first choice.

The SX and MXR-2 really shine on the hard pack stuff. Especially the super soft compound! you'll wear them out in about 4-6 moto's, but traction will not be a problem.

The Maxxis version of the SX are decent, but much harder compund and I had problems with them dry rotting and the carcass splitting.

DWT has also released tires very similar wot the goldspeed. I haven't had any time with them yet tho.

You can not go wrong with the gold speed tires either way. Best rubber I have ever put on a quad.