PDA

View Full Version : MAXC National Cross Country Championship Series

dxcody
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
for 2012 the MAXC series (Mid America Cross Country) is a national championship series.

What does this mean? I know its obviously a good thing, but is there alot of National championship series in America?

Whats going to change?

Does it just mean they are getting full AMA support of what?

XCRacer236
01-26-2012, 08:56 PM
I think there is a total of 0 guys on this website that race in Indiana. Ask on their website, your question will get answered. ;)

dxcody
01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Well thats a shame because indiana is a GREAT fu**ing place to race!!

haha :D

fastredrider44
01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I use the term nationals very lightly when talking about anything other than the GNCCs. The numbers are what makes a national series a national. I don't consider a series that runs in a handful of states (or in this case, two) or have low rider turnout a true "national" series. And there are people who race in Indiana on here. ;)

Longdong
01-28-2012, 08:11 AM
We race in Indiana! The blingstar maxc will get national coverage. It is a start and will grow every year. Plus full support of AMA.

dxcody
01-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I use the term nationals very lightly when talking about anything other than the GNCCs.

I went to Parks Motorsports today, one of MAXC's sponsors (the owner of Parks and the owner of MAXC are good friends) and found out that, MAXC is going to be HUGE!

Seriously. Its going to be on TV stations, a local Indianapolis network i forget what the name was, and he is having A TON of riders racing.

Don Ockerman will be defending his MAXC championship.
Adam McGill is planning on Racing MAXC.
The Ballance team is going to be at them. Fowler, Kiser and Ballance.

And he is wanting to spread Nation Wide.

GNCC is all east-midwest. He's wanting to have races in illinois, nebraska, missouri, etc.

I think they are going to do pretty well for themselves.

I sure hope so!

fastredrider44
01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Hopefully it will grow, but understand that all numbers are down right now in racing. People just don't have the money for it. I'd be excited for it to turn out to be a good series. I've been meaning to hit a couple, but they just don't seem to work with my schedule.

XCRacer236
01-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
I went to Parks Motorsports today, one of MAXC's sponsors (the owner of Parks and the owner of MAXC are good friends) and found out that, MAXC is going to be HUGE!

Seriously. Its going to be on TV stations, a local Indianapolis network i forget what the name was, and he is having A TON of riders racing.

Don Ockerman will be defending his MAXC championship.
Adam McGill is planning on Racing MAXC.
The Ballance team is going to be at them. Fowler, Kiser and Ballance.

And he is wanting to spread Nation Wide.

GNCC is all east-midwest. He's wanting to have races in illinois, nebraska, missouri, etc.

I think they are going to do pretty well for themselves.

I sure hope so!

That's the kind of hype they WANT you to believe... Don't get me wrong, it's a good series, but...

dxcody
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
That's the kind of hype they WANT you to believe... Don't get me wrong, it's a good series, but...

They have came a LONG way in a short amount of time. I think they have had under 25 races and already have AMA support... i think they could make it pretty big, just not gonna happen overnight.

v1theo
01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
to get ama support just pay your fee's & sign all riders up for ama and they are happy. not saying ama is bad [ i race gncc so have to have it ] just trying to make a big deal about it for maxc ? If I remember right ixcr was ama for 1 or 2 years dropped ama because of no real support, rider numbers went up because weekend racers did not have to buy ama cards.Raced 1 and 1 only maxc after cutting track from 5 miles to maybe 1 mile, mud race or not should have been better prepared .Just left a bad taste after expense of travel and fee's to race.

Longdong
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by v1theo
maxc after cutting track from 5 miles to maybe 1 mile, mud race or not should have been better prepared .Just left a bad taste after expense of travel and fee's to race.

Which race?