PDA

View Full Version : My bank took back 280 from a dudes pay pal account. Now says -280? huh?

SpasticR450
01-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Some kid sold me a fish tank on ebay for $280. He put insurance on it. I got it but ups broke it so ups took it back. UPS won't pay the money back because he did not pack it right. The kid wont pay up its been weeks so a day ago I had my bank take the $280 from him out of paypal. Wake up today and look at my paypal and it says -280 which i had 0 in it b4 hand. Did I get the 280 put in my real bank account and then he get paypal to take it all back? My credit card was on ebay so I called them right away and they said the 280 did not go threw yet so I cancled the card. Does that meen he tried to get the money back or did? Or is the -280 on my paypal account saying i owe paypal money? Paypal is totaly mest up you dont realise how unsafe the comp is till you get ****ed over. Its so bad all you have to do is sell some one some parts and them say they did not get them and paypal sends your money back plus you have the parts. :eek2: :mad:

Fix29
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Its so bad all you have to do is sell some one some parts and them say they did not get them and paypal sends your money back plus you have the parts.

Not sure whats going on in your situation. However, I do know that if a dispute is opened against you, Paypal does not automatically refund the money to the buyer. Paypal takes the money back from the seller and holds the full amount until the buyer and seller resolve the issue. It's basically to make sure the seller has incentive to work things out with the buyer.

quad2xtreme
01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
You have two accounts. One with your bank and one with Paypal. When you paid him via Paypal, Paypal pulled the funds from your bank. All your bank did was pull the funds back from Paypal into your bank account. You now have a negative with Paypal (you owe Paypal $280). So far, this has nothing to do with the guy. Your bank didn't pull the money from "his" Paypal account.

BTW, I bet the guy already spent your money and doesn't have $280 to give back to you. You need to open a dispute with Paypal and/or ebay so they give him the negative balance and zero out your Paypal account.

SpasticR450
01-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
You have two accounts. One with your bank and one with Paypal. When you paid him via Paypal, Paypal pulled the funds from your bank. All your bank did was pull the funds back from Paypal into your bank account. You now have a negative with Paypal (you owe Paypal $280). So far, this has nothing to do with the guy. Your bank didn't pull the money from "his" Paypal account.

BTW, I bet the guy already spent your money and doesn't have $280 to give back to you. You need to open a dispute with Paypal and/or ebay so they give him the negative balance and zero out your Paypal account.

So I have the 280 and owe paypal? If thats how it is that's funny because they have no way to get it which if thats the case it's the other dude that owes them any ways.

quad2xtreme
01-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
So I have the 280 and owe paypal? If thats how it is that's funny because they have no way to get it which if thats the case it's the other dude that owes them any ways.

Except you signed an agreement with Paypal. They will just target your credit rating. Their position is they were just providing a money transfer service. The issue is the guy who sold you the stuff didn't pack it properly thus it broke...but he has your money. This is why COD was so popular for a long time. You didn't pay until you inspected the box. If you had any concerns you refused payment.

Your only recourse is to work through Paypal showing that the goods were damaged due to improperly packing sent back by the same carrier. They will properly refund you and hit him with the loss. They will go after his credit then and not yours.

HondaRacing83
01-27-2012, 04:24 PM
see the problem is, you actually bought a fish tank off ebay.