PDA

View Full Version : Quad friendly tracks in al?

Yfz245
01-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Does anybody know where some good tracks where quads can go in Alabama?

jkiserracing
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Riverside MX - Newton Al. Nice track.

Monster Mountain - Tallassee Al. Also really nice track...you have to check with htem though to see what day they have quads.

quadrcr161
01-25-2012, 09:29 PM
0... monster kicked us out because of the dirtbikers complaining and that was the last real quad friendly track left. You might could hit up crossbones when ever its open but its rare. What part of Alabama are ya in?

Edit I see your in Meridian, ya ever ride the area behind the mall? Wife's family lives in quitman and always wanted too see what it was like and if there was another riding in the area.

tyltr450
01-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Noahs mx is probably the best to us that live around central al, he usually lets us ride every other weekend, and it's just as good as some national tracks. They are located in maplesville al.

quadrcr161
01-26-2012, 05:28 AM
i thought noahs kicked us out? i havent been there in probably 2 years or so. i heard he has talked about seeing if quads will show but didnt know it has turned back into a regular thing.

Yfz245
01-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys there is one track around here that's good enough to train on

And I've never been riding at Bonita lakes I was told it's trails

tyltr450
01-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
i thought noahs kicked us out? i havent been there in probably 2 years or so. i heard he has talked about seeing if quads will show but didnt know it has turned back into a regular thing. He did kick us out but he said the dirt bikers never quit *****ing so he said we could call and see if we could ride about every other week

quadrcr161
01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by tyltr450
He did kick us out but he said the dirt bikers never quit *****ing so he said we could call and see if we could ride about every other week

bike attendance must have dropped but as soon as it picks up we will get the shaft again, its not like they have 20+ places to ride in Al, But glad to hear about Noahs, i might see when Zach is going again and ride out, always liked the track.

Yfz245
01-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Does anybody know if sequads is going to have races this year? I thought normally they had the schedule up by now, or am I thinking wrong?

tyltr450
01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Yfz245
Does anybody know if sequads is going to have races this year? I thought normally they had the schedule up by now, or am I thinking wrong? Yes they are they are trying to work something out with aonia for a race before the nationals, that's the delay

Yfz245
01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Well thats good I'm thinking about going to the national there so maybe if they have a race there it will be good practice

jkiserracing
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
0... monster kicked us out because of the dirtbikers complaining and that was the last real quad friendly track left. You might could hit up crossbones when ever its open but its rare. What part of Alabama are ya in?

Edit I see your in Meridian, ya ever ride the area behind the mall? Wife's family lives in quitman and always wanted too see what it was like and if there was another riding in the area. I think they only let quads there on certain days. I'm not sure. I've never been there on just a practice day but I've been on race day!! If I lived closer I would go every time they let me.

Yfz245
01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
I looked on monsters website last night and it said that quads couldn't come right now and that they were thinking about a track for quads only

jkiserracing
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Well that kinda stinks! I hope they still have some quad races there like they have been. Fun track!

madskrillz2
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
He did kick us out but he said the dirt bikers never quit *****ing so he said we could call and see if we could ride about every other week

Yeah I didn't realize we were ever allowed at Noah's. Good to know we can since I've always wanted to ride there.

tyltr450
01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Yeah I didn't realize we were ever allowed at Noah's. Good to know we can since I've always wanted to ride there. He just started about 2 months ago there's usually around 5 us that go.

madskrillz2
01-26-2012, 06:14 PM
He just started about 2 months ago there's usually around 5 us that go.

Well whenever we get a weekend that it hasn't poured rain, I'll be there.

tyltr450
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Well whenever we get a weekend that it hasn't poured rain, I'll be there. Ok sounds good, he's actually rebuilding the track so it will probably be a couple of weeks before he's open again.

madskrillz2
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok sounds good, he's actually rebuilding the track so it will probably be a couple of weeks before he's open again.

Lol it'll probably be that long before it's dry enough again.

Yfz245
01-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
Well that kinda stinks! I hope they still have some quad races there like they have been. Fun track!

Yeah I know I really like monster mountain, great track and the guy running it was a cool guy

quadrcr161
01-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Yfz245
Yeah I know I really like monster mountain, great track and the guy running it was a cool guy

Tom is a really great guy and after seeing, meeting the quad guys and seeing the fast guys esp Chad Weinen get around that track he is in favor of the quads, but like everywhere else the problem is the bike riders. on JMR theres a guy wanting a place up north Al to close up one weekend of the 2 weekends a month their open just so they can have a bike only weekend.

dan harris
01-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Were a long way from Alabama - But at the Breezewood Proving Grounds - WE LOVE QUADS - EVERYDAY - No need to call ahead to see if quads are allowed !!!

Anyway this July 16th through the 20th we are having a 5 Day Dream Camp for Quads Only ! This years trainers for the camp are: CHAD WIENEN, JOHN NATALIE, MICHELLE NATALIE, JOEL HETRICK, AND DUSTIN WIMMER !!!

All 5 days of riding and training - All Meals, Accomodations in our 2story air conditioned cabins, Video of the weeks events and commerative signed shirt.

$1,000 per Rider !!! Limited Space - Early Registration Recommended !

jkiserracing
01-27-2012, 09:36 PM
I hope to make a trip up to Breezwood this summer for the first time. Its a drive from GA but its a place I want to come ride for sure!!

quadrcr161
01-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Hay Dan what do you say to the bikers when they want to complain about the quads. Also, who does more actual damage to the track? I have an idea but would like to hear it from another track owner.

blakefoote
01-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Pell City is awesome! They still have quad races?

tyltr450
01-29-2012, 07:06 PM
They are suppose to have 2 sequad races this year

Yfz245
01-29-2012, 07:22 PM
I like pell city kinda sucks they aren't having a national there this year I was looking forward to racing there

blakefoote
01-29-2012, 09:17 PM
yeah i love Pell City... prob one of my favorites... too bad there isnt a national...

quadrcr161
01-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Pell city track was a blast, the owners however suck and hate quads. they will take the $ for the national but kicked us out of practice times and tun the races as a side show on the mx days.

madskrillz2
01-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Pell city track was a blast, the owners however suck and hate quads. they will take the $ for the national but kicked us out of practice times and tun the races as a side show on the mx days.

Exactly what I was gonna say. Monster is a better track and the people that run it seem to genuinely like us. I think the only reason they haven't let us ride in awhile is just a financial stand point.