PDA

View Full Version : Tip: Yz motors need water

Mxbubs
03-02-2003, 01:32 AM
In all my enthusiasm to go riding today, I somehow forgot to fill my radiator with water. I had about half in it, but it must have leaked by one of my fittings on my hose. I dont know how long I ran it with no water, but it was running when I killed it. It is late, I dont want wake the neigbhors, so I am going to fill it up tommorrow and see if it will run. When I killed it, I heard the rocker arms clattering.

So tip for the day, water cooled motors need water.:D

JOEX
03-02-2003, 01:40 AM
Good luck..:) but it might be siezed when it cools:(

I did that to my truck years ago...2:30 am driving home, temp guage pegged, didn't want F' with it so continued home. Wouldn't turn over the next day.

I wanted a new truck anyway;)

Joe

kc 300EX
03-02-2003, 02:09 AM
Goodluck man! Ill pray for it!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-02-2003, 02:18 AM
OH NO :eek2: :eek: I hope that things turn out for the better for you I will cross my fingers ;)

airheadedduner
03-02-2003, 02:34 AM
I personally prefer to run gatorade.
I mean, if water works good gatorade should be better right?? Plus it is my belief that the electrolytes and salt help clean out your cooling system. Plus it looks cool if you got clear hoses:D

If it didn't ping you may be okay, maybe that is the sound you heard, not the rockers. When my R blew a coolent line I had a huge carbon deposit on the crown, everything else was fine. Of, course on your thumper there is more that can go wrong unfortunatly.

OutlawEX
03-02-2003, 06:11 AM
:eek2:

03-02-2003, 09:52 AM
best of luck to ya man

worm
03-02-2003, 12:49 PM
i think you will be okay....one day i checked the water in my raptor,,empty so i filled it and it drained out as fast as i put it in..the radiator had a small hole ..who knows how long i ran it w/ no water

Gusto
03-02-2003, 03:16 PM
Clear hoses are a great thing, rather see if there is coolant before the big guess if it is empty....Good luck, hope the motors OK.