PDA

View Full Version : Speed Energy R Build!

dquarton
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM
I just got the approval/go ahead from Robby Gordon/Speed Energy (through his attorney) to do a Speed Energy themed 250R. Basically I am giving my LRD bike a total facelift and a new motor. Working with 413 signs and designs to do custom graphics with the Speed logo, I just ordered a set of OMF beadlock wheels that will have billet centers and orange beadlocks, I just dropped off my seat at Quad Tech and they are going to do a custom seat (and I got him to do a hump!!). Motor will be an ESR 380 stroker (fully polished) with chromed clutch cover and black anodized Hinson easy access billet plate. Going to go with Orange fullbore plastics and FW carbon fiber hood. Other than that, there is a slew of little details that you will see once done. Basically getting rid of any red or blue that was on the bike. Should be pretty cool, and the bike may go to so events for promo/shows, but mainly will serve the purpose of promoting the Speed Energy brand at Glamis and a few other spots.

DoonRider
01-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Cool! Congrats!

89trx250r
01-25-2012, 02:02 PM
So are you getting paid for this? Reimbursed for parts? Or do you just get to make an orange quad with "special graphics" ?

dquarton
01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
So are you getting paid for this? Reimbursed for parts? Or do you just get to make an orange quad with "special graphics" ?

I worked for Robby for about 2 years, and I am still in regualr contact with his dad and his attorney. They have agreed to help out with the cost of the facelift parts, but as far as me being paid for this, no. I am doing this mostly becasue I want to and I like the color scheme. I have been looking for ideas for a facelift for this bike for some time, and this just kind of came together.

dquarton
01-25-2012, 02:33 PM
This is also being done in conjunction with my ebay business (The Dirt Factory), so I can say it is work related! I will have my logo on the graphics, as well as Fourwerx and a few other suppliers that are helping out.

89trx250r
01-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh ok cool you actullay know them. I am looking forward to seeing this come together now that I know a little background...I think the orange should be sweet its gonna be a pain to find new orange fullbores tho : /

dquarton
01-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Uh oh.......I take it that Fullbore is not making them? I have a set I sold to a friend a while back that I can hopefully 'buy back'. but they are not new, still in good shape though.

89trx250r
01-25-2012, 09:29 PM
The fullbore dude doesnt seem to like money anymore...I know from reading theres a huge request for 250r plastics but they dont seem to care...Carlos at bdt stocks white and black and whatever else he can...but he even said the other day the red and other color resins could not be in for months...

beastlywarrior
01-26-2012, 02:08 PM
i know their not fullbores but i found these but i think look better anyway on 250rs
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2812566092.html