PDA

View Full Version : Airbox Lid/Filter

dougyunker
01-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I was just wondering what everyone is running for their airbox setup. I have a CT Racing exhaust right now and need some more inflow. I know that some are running without a lid, but maybe a lid with a filter in it would be better?
Thanks, Doug Yunker

CJM
01-24-2012, 08:53 AM
EHS outerwears lid is what I run. I run the type that sandwiches the outerwears material inbetween the lid you cut out a hole and a metal plate they sell ya. If I had to do it all over Id just buy the material, cut my own hole and make my own plate-its way cheaper.

Zakradu398
01-24-2012, 08:54 AM
I ride some very sloppy trails and run no lid. It works good just need to be cautious with deep water. I also have to clean my filter 3-4 times more than with a lid.

honda400ex2003
01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
stock air box with the snorkel off and plugged, ehs lid, outer wear and a k&n.

you would be surprised how much you can go through without getting water through the ehs lids. not running here- but ive been washing my machine and forgot to take my ehs off and soaked it with a hose while cleaning and had no water in the box. some would get in with it running but it wouldnt be enough to get into the filter with the outer wear on it. it will bead up and roll into the bottom long before it goes into the filter.

i run open if i know ill be riding water free areas but i ran without a lid for quite a while with no real issues. if you pay attention to going slow through deep stuff you will be ok. I got more sand in it while racing and hitting big burms than water ever.

steve

dougyunker
01-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys. I also forgot to mention that I race harescrambles in Illinois.

TheAwesomehonda
01-24-2012, 11:14 AM
I run K&N air filter and prefilter with stock air box no lid and snorkel taken out and sealed off. The problem that i have with this setup is if u ride in deep fluffy snow u'll fill your air box with snow. The prefilter if awesome cuz i olny have to clean my K&N every 50 riding hours and its not all that dirty>