PDA

View Full Version : ps3 help

derekhonda
01-23-2012, 08:11 PM
man ps3 forums are a pain in the ***. signed up for 3, 1 was overrun with some scammer in vietnam, the other 2 wouldnt let me post topics because i didn't have enough creditials or something.

Anyways,

Here in the last week, my PS3 has decided not to show video (or gaming). Big problem! I've gone through everything, it all works. I have the optical cable running out to my receiver, and that works. However, the hdmi cable (for video only) is not showing up.

I've tried a different cable, still doesnt work. My DVR and other devices still show video so it isn't on the projector. Anyone got any idea what could have gone wrong? Thanks in advance!

Chit
01-23-2012, 08:33 PM
You've somehow managed to change the settings on your Video output.

When you turn on your PS3, hold the button that turns it on for 10 seconds. You'll hear a beep and it should reset it to factory settings, which won't be the HDMI (if you've bought the cord for it), so you'll need the 3 corded plug(red,yellow,white).

edit: Just noticed you said you had the HDMI cord. Regardless, do what I said but have the 3 corded plug plugged in.

derekhonda
01-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Ah ok. I don't have that three corded plug but I think that if I probably unplug it and then plug it in, it will prompt me to select if I want hdmi or the 3. I guess it would have to, cause I've never had the 3 plug and i had to select hdmi at some point. I will give it a shot. thanks.

Derek