View Full Version : 450R rear brake swap issue?

Baileygunns
01-23-2012, 07:41 PM
I haven't looked at it yet but my buddy is swapping out to the 450R rear brake and he's saying the stay is to small to slide over the carrier... Anyone had any fitment issues like that? From what I've read it was a direct swap. It's one of those RAD carriers but that is getting swapped out because he realized it was cracked while swapping out parts, lol... Boss bearing has a new complete carrier on eBay for $94.99 shipped so he's headed in that direction.

Stickman400
01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
So he's trying to swap the 450R stay on the 400ex carrier right? That's what I did and it did seem a tad bit tight, but I thought it was just the extra PC and clear that was on it. I gave it a few good taps with a dead blow mallet and it found it's way on. It did pinch a little bit of the o-ring out that's inside the stay, but I couldn't get it to stay in no matter how many times I tried, so I just let it be.

Baileygunns
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah, its going onto the 400. I'll have to look at it then... I'll have him take it to work in the morning. There's no powder or clear on it, just raw. The outer lip that holds the snap ring broke off from bearing failure so it's getting swapped, I just want to make sure we get what we need and not buy stuff twice.