PDA

View Full Version : houser crf questions

250x_kyle
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM
whats everyone using for radiator lines?
does anyone know where i can get bushings for the rear motor mount. the press fit ones for the cases or have dimensions so i can make some at work. went to the honda dealer and they are considered part of the case not worth the money to buy cases and split the motor.

laeger400
01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
You got what you need to figure it out. If you can make them at work you can take the measurements that you need.

1. I.D. of cases
2. O.D. Of pivot bolt (15mm)
3. Mock up engine with swingarm and pivot bolt in the chassis.
4. With the engine bolted in the chassis it will let you figure out your spacers. (make sure you have all pieces to the swingarm dust caps and bearing races)

This should get you going. If I tell you everything how will you learn.

Jerry

250x_kyle
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by laeger400
You got what you need to figure it out. If you can make them at work you can take the measurements that you need.

1. I.D. of cases
2. O.D. Of pivot bolt (15mm)
3. Mock up engine with swingarm and pivot bolt in the chassis.
4. With the engine bolted in the chassis it will let you figure out your spacers. (make sure you have all pieces to the swingarm dust caps and bearing races)

This should get you going. If I tell you everything how will you learn.

Jerry

oh I know I have an issue with bringing tools home from work and forgetting to take htem back in the morning. my other issue is I dont have the proper swingarm bolt so there is slop back and forth. im not a complete idiot just working stupid hours and a little lazy at the moment with the garage being ice cold. ;)

laeger400
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Wasn't calling you an idiot just tryin to help. I won't say anything else. Good luck on the build

Jerry

250x_kyle
01-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by laeger400
Wasn't calling you an idiot just tryin to help. I won't say anything else. Good luck on the build

Jerry

oh you can say all you want ive seen your work. just tried to throw a little humor in