PDA

View Full Version : Dirtbike bars.

finsteratv
01-22-2012, 06:50 PM
does anyone else run these? what kinda rise do you have along with them? i bought some CR-hi dirtbike bars on sale since i have them on my CR but on my 450 they arent up high enough..Who else runs dirtbike bars? do you use a taller stem or risers? lets see some pics too.

HondaRacing83
01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
i do. i run pro taper cr high bend se 7/8. im still using stock stem, no risers. im 5'11"-6' to. doesnt really bother me. my dad convinced me to get some 1.6" risers. so im gonna end up trying those, youve seen pics of mine in the 400 section

finsteratv
01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
i do. i run pro taper cr high bend se 7/8. im still using stock stem, no risers. im 5'11"-6' to. doesnt really bother me. my dad convinced me to get some 1.6" risers. so im gonna end up trying those, youve seen pics of mine in the 400 section where are you getting the risers? Mine are ok but i'd love to have em higher for jumping and whoops.

eastside 400
01-22-2012, 07:14 PM
i use the YZ/RM low with a +1 stem. The sunline bars were really nice but they stopped making them, but the Tag XT-1 is the same bar now

HondaRacing83
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
where are you getting the risers? Mine are ok but i'd love to have em higher for jumping and whoops. rockymtnatv, tusk risers. there like $20

finsteratv
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
alright cool because it seems to me i dont need my bars super high, i just need the right bend for my arms/wrists. My dad think im half mental for using them..

HondaRacing83
01-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
alright cool because it seems to me i dont need my bars super high, i just need the right bend for my arms/wrists. My dad think im half mental for using them.. haha thats what my dad said to! i honestly dont mind them, they were a step up from stock. he tells me everytime im working on my quad or get it out to ride that i should got fat bars.

mx Eli
01-22-2012, 08:39 PM
the tusk risers are 30mm (inch and 3/8s ishh), depends which brand bars you got but with the tusk risers you will be about 3/10 inch lower overall then stock position, but with the differant bar bend it ends up being very hard to notice.

I bought this setup (rental cr-hi's and tusk risers) for my dad on his 04 450r and he loves them

on my mx quads I use pro taper contour 1 1/8 cr lo with +2 stems

Pipeless416
01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
i have CR high bends with a +1 stem.. about perfect for me at 5'9.

TheLane
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
same, i run cr highbend with a +2 stem.

im only 5-6 but they are great for freestyle and i like my bars right up on me.

finsteratv
01-22-2012, 11:01 PM
know if i'll have enough to bump em up like 3 inches? whats the limit with stock brake lines? Im 6 foot, mostly long arms and legs.

chronicsmoke
01-23-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm 6'2.5 and I've used +2,+1, and the Tusk Risers..

The risers aren't bad. On a stock stem, they were a nice height. any higher and tey felt too high when I would be drifting (bars are at my eye line during corners pretty much..

I found +2 uncomfortably tall when cornering., even for me, I didn't have enough time on a +2 to really get comfortable though(buddies bike).

I broke my last stem and went with a +1 stem this time with 1 1/8" 'quad high' bend.

dxcody
01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Am i just weird that i like my Handlebars as low as possible?

I feel all funny if my bars are tall. I use Contours + stock stem on my 400 and they set pretty low.

Is it better to have tall bars or short bars? Os is it just like whatever you feel comfortable with?

Idk i guess it gives me a better feeling of control and it seems like i get less arm pump if my bars are low.

bbender85
01-23-2012, 10:14 AM
look at the spec charts for bars, alot of the bike and atv bars are the same except for width; for example i run pro taper 1 1/8" bars, the ATV High... they are the same specs as a CR High, just slightly wider.

HondaRacing83
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
Am i just weird that i like my Handlebars as low as possible?

I feel all funny if my bars are tall. I use Contours + stock stem on my 400 and they set pretty low.

Is it better to have tall bars or short bars? Os is it just like whatever you feel comfortable with?

Idk i guess it gives me a better feeling of control and it seems like i get less arm pump if my bars are low. i like mine low, im gonna try these risers my dad convinced me to get though. btw Finster, i think you said you had cr high bend pro taper? its a tight fit getting the electricals, brake lever, clutch lever, etc. on there. i managed to do it though, try and get short grips. its a realllyyyy tight fit with my new wrap arounds on there to. works for me though.

finsteratv
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
i like mine low, im gonna try these risers my dad convinced me to get though. btw Finster, i think you said you had cr high bend pro taper? its a tight fit getting the electricals, brake lever, clutch lever, etc. on there. i managed to do it though, try and get short grips. its a realllyyyy tight fit with my new wrap arounds on there to. works for me though. so i figured out....haha

backwoodsracer
01-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i have CR high bends with a +1 stem.. about perfect for me at 5'9.

hey can you send me some pic's of your dual exhaust setup?

Pipeless416
01-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by backwoodsracer
hey can you send me some pic's of your dual exhaust setup?

this thread will have everything you could possibly want. there's also some videos in there.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=379722&highlight=trying+dual+hmfs