PDA

View Full Version : LA Supercross SPOILER!!!!!

jrspawn
01-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Long story short, Reed is the man!

Reed
Dungey
Stewart

Stewart was in second and crashed letting dungey by.

The race was red flagged at the start due to canard getting landed on after only being able to double the tripple. Hopefully both riders (canard and morais) are make a full recovery.

jrspawn
01-22-2012, 07:16 AM
And like normal, a SX topic of mine can't be complete without a little Stewart humor...

"Hondas are red, yamahas are blue, guess what Stewart, Reed is faster than you!"

:devil:

jrspawn
01-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Just read canard fractured t10 - t12. Was going into surgery last night. Morais suffered a broken jaw.

honda400ex2003
01-22-2012, 09:40 AM
nice :D 2 birds with one stone here. stewart lost and i know the winner. dont have to watch it now. :D

steve

SRH
01-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Just read canard fractured t10 - t12. Was going into surgery last night. Morais suffered a broken jaw.

morais also fractured vertabre in his neck

hopefully canard doesnt have any spinal cord damage

crash was insane

reed is the man. stewart rode like crap

BlasterEaten250
01-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Man that sucks about Canard, he can't catch a break! There was a great battle up front for a while! Too bad CBS's coverage was terrible :scary:

Hmmm...who is leading in points?? Villopoto? Reed? Stewart? NOPE

DUNGEY :devil:

rollie
01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
i love that other riders pass stewart because there straight up faster, and he panic's and takes out weimer, wtf was that? don't be jealous wiemer ditched his girl and is now fast as hell:devil:

i love seeing reed and dungey up front though, hopefully this season keeps up with the unpredictability!!

XCRacer236
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i love that other riders pass stewart because there straight up faster, and he panic's and takes out weimer, wtf was that? don't be jealous wiemer ditched his girl and is now fast as hell:devil:

i love seeing reed and dungey up front though, hopefully this season keeps up with the unpredictability!!

Took the words out of my mouth!

89trx250r
01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I am so bummed about canard he just cant get a ****ing break the poor guy has had some serious injuries in the past 3 seasons and thats gotta wear heavy on his mind...Should he has waited to come back?

quad2xtreme
01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
How many times do riders have to get that stupid *** advertising plastic wrapped up in their bikes before they figure out how to wrap a bale with a material that won't tear loose?

Hondamaster5505
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
The part I love was, Stewart actually had the HOLESHOT too, and Reed just passed him out of skill. Stewart didn't even mess up.

Doushe move on Stewarts part taking down Weimer.

I always hated Stewart.

motofreak2772
01-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Seems like Stewart has more haters than anyone else has fans.. He didn't even take Weimer out, Weimer just wasn't prepared for a pass like that. I don't know what was up with him though, he just wasn't that fast. I hate to blame the bike but I really wish he was on something else, it wouldn't change the mistakes he's made but I bet his lap times would have an improvement. Reed rode really good and so did Dungey. I can't wait for the next race though I want to see Stewart ride good again just to remind everyone he is the fastest guy out there. And if he can repeat that holeshot a couple more times he can start climbing up in points.

rollie
01-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Seems like Stewart has more haters than anyone else has fans.. He didn't even take Weimer out, Weimer just wasn't prepared for a pass like that. I don't know what was up with him though, he just wasn't that fast. I hate to blame the bike but I really wish he was on something else, it wouldn't change the mistakes he's made but I bet his lap times would have an improvement. Reed rode really good and so did Dungey. I can't wait for the next race though I want to see Stewart ride good again just to remind everyone he is the fastest guy out there. And if he can repeat that holeshot a couple more times he can start climbing up in points.

It's no secret stewy did not want to be on a yamaha this season, and i think by watching him they are having a tough time with his rear shock, to be honest i hate stewart as a rider, but i love to watch him ride, his style and skill and willingness to jump things nobody else will is awesome, i also like him as a person, he is good in interviews and and has a good sense of humor,i deff think stewart is losing fans but thats part of the game, no doubt he will win some this season, which will just spice things up even more.

Hondamaster5505
01-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Stewart is not the fastest guy out there. Any rider can push their limits and pass people like crazy just to end up crashing. That's not speed. Being the fastest guy is about riding at a fast pace yet able to maintain consistency. And Stewart is as consistent as lottery tickets.

To me the fastest guy is the one who can consistently land on the podium every race with little to no mistakes, because they're able to ride at that level without messing up.

This is definitely going to be an interesting season. A different winner for every race so far, and all the top contenders have been battling it out.

KKiowaTJ
01-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Stewart is not the fastest guy out there. Any rider can push their limits and pass people like crazy just to end up crashing. That's not speed. Being the fastest guy is about riding at a fast pace yet able to maintain consistency. And Stewart is as consistent as lottery tickets.

To me the fastest guy is the one who can consistently land on the podium every race with little to no mistakes, because they're able to ride at that level without messing up.

This is definitely going to be an interesting season. A different winner for every race so far, and all the top contenders have been battling it out.

Its funny how EVERY rider racing JS7 has had to copy his fast scrub style to keep up. If it wasn't for that he would be winning hands down like he used too.

Hes on a **** bike and has to deal with it now. if he gets it dialed in the way he likes it, Maybe he will win some races. But so far he has been starting and finishing races, Better than last year.

rollie
01-22-2012, 05:26 PM
i still can not figure out why stewart didn't start his own team :confused: :confused:

He could have been on whatever bike he wanted, probably suzuki like he was riding in the off season and made millions off all his fans buying JS7 attire and what have you. i think its reasonable to assume he could have inked the deal with JGR back when it looked like they where going yellow, only to end up back on a blue bike.

motofreak2772
01-22-2012, 05:30 PM

What?? I think you are mixing up fast and consistent haha. You Stewart haters are hilarious. Most of his crashes are stupid little mistakes not him trying to jump an entire rhythm section in one jump or trying to ride without having to touch the brakes.. I'm sure his pace does affect his consistency slightly but you guys need to stop trying to turn his speed into a negative thing. If he was as fast as he is and rode perfectly then there wouldn't even need to be a race lol. Stewart has grown up a lot and has been doing this for a long time. He doesn't need a bunch of spectators telling him to slow down.
And as consistent as a lottery ticket? This is the same guy who won 24 motos in a row.. That's pretty consistent. But again, he is not perfect and neither is anyone else out there. It all comes down to who wants it more and even then you can end up laying it over and settling for 6th instead of 2nd. A guy like Stewart would have been just as disappointed with the 2nd though.

rollie
01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
What?? I think you are mixing up fast and consistent haha. You Stewart haters are hilarious. Most of his crashes are stupid little mistakes not him trying to jump an entire rhythm section in one jump or trying to ride without having to touch the brakes.. I'm sure his pace does affect his consistency slightly but you guys need to stop trying to turn his speed into a negative thing. If he was as fast as he is and rode perfectly then there wouldn't even need to be a race lol. Stewart has grown up a lot and has been doing this for a long time. He doesn't need a bunch of spectators telling him to slow down.
And as consistent as a lottery ticket? This is the same guy who won 24 motos in a row.. That's pretty consistent. But again, he is not perfect and neither is anyone else out there. It all comes down to who wants it more and even then you can end up laying it over and settling for 6th instead of 2nd. A guy like Stewart would have been just as disappointed with the 2nd though.

stewart has not "grown up" at all, he has simply accepted the fact he is not the fastest and he might not win every time he lines up, for someone that has won as much as he has, that HAS to affect his confidence.

motofreak2772
01-22-2012, 05:37 PM
i still can not figure out why stewart didn't start his own team :confused: :confused:

He could have been on whatever bike he wanted, probably suzuki like he was riding in the off season and made millions off all his fans buying JS7 attire and what have you. i think its reasonable to assume he could have inked the deal with JGR back when it looked like they where going yellow, only to end up back on a blue bike.
Yeah, I wish I knew what happened with the suzuki. But I don't think he wants to be running a team, in an interview he said he likes just riding and not having to worry about everything else on Sunday morning. Maybe next year there can be some changes with JGR. It looks like an awesome team with them putting in a lot of effort. If they can switch up the brand and get everything else figured out then they can start dominating like monster energy kawasaki.

motofreak2772
01-22-2012, 05:43 PM
stewart has not "grown up" at all, he has simply accepted the fact he is not the fastest and he might not win every time he lines up, for someone that has won as much as he has, that HAS to affect his confidence.
I meant riding wise. But I don't think his confidence is affected. Honestly all 4 of those guys need to walk in expecting to win, because all 4 of them know they are capable of it. And like any of them I am sure Stewart gets frustrated with himself when he screws up but I don't think he would ever put doubt in himself of winning.

rollie
01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I meant riding wise. But I don't think his confidence is affected. Honestly all 4 of those guys need to walk in expecting to win, because all 4 of them know they are capable of it. And like any of them I am sure Stewart gets frustrated with himself when he screws up but I don't think he would ever put doubt in himself of winning.

fair enough, it is so sweet to have 4 or 5 guys that could win these races at any time, im hoping kdub can have a ride like he did in texas this year but not crash, that guy is just the man, i reallly hope he stays close to the sport when he retire's

jkiserracing
01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I like Stewart and like to see him win. I think as far as he and Weimer go...he (Stewart) just pushed it too far into that turn and took Weimer out..weather it was accident or not. I dont think it was intentional though...I agree with rollie...I think suspension/setup is working terrible right now for Stewart....hes not as fast as we're used to ...I think he's fighting that bike...

As far as fastest dude on the track......no one has even mentioned Villipoto....that guy is blazing fast....next to last place (a mile behind the pack it looked like) back up to fourth...DANG!!

300ex_#387
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM

I think the oppurtunities he might have after racing 2 wheels with JGR is why he took this deal.

3rd place isn't nothing to complain about. He defenalty doesn't look like his old self but if you remember last year he kinda started off slow also. I didn't think the pass on Weimer was that bad. You see that happen all the time in supercross. Just because James does it now everyone has to talk about it like its the worst move ever. Reed and Dungey rode great but right now it seems this is RV's championship to lose. He is riding far better than anyone.

I think Reed has had some sort of crash every race also. So he is just as inconsistant as Stewart right now. It just seems to happen to Stewart in the mains when he starts to ride too hard.

quad2xtreme
01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
i think by watching him they are having a tough time with his rear shock...

rollie, didn't you learn from my post last week? You can't talk about his rear suspension without it somehow inferring that you are offering advice to the JGR team. Maybe because you just said they are having a tough time with his rear shock instead of pinpointing it to the rebound. That is probably where I crossed the line. Guess we'll have to wait and get a ruling.

FHKracingZ
01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I am guesing most of you are not racers because if you are and you are saying stewart took him out you are crazy. He drove him high into the corner and weimer just came out of his line. That was a good block pass.

Stewart will get his bike figured out, just give them some time. Anybody who says stewart is not fast or one of best is just a hater. He on any given night will be the fastest. People talk smack on stewart for crashing yet RV2 has crashed 2 out of the 3 races also. He just fell very early in the races and had time to come back.

89trx250r
01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
LOL quad2extreme I have been seeing posts pop up all over here and vital saying 'whats up with stewarts rear shock"... and the whole thread was people who saw all the troubles he was having. I couldn't help but laugh at the ****heads who made such a big deal about you saying something last week and now everyone is talking about it...Guess they all work for JGR tho :x

madskrillz2
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
I am guesing most of you are not racers because if you are and you are saying stewart took him out you are crazy. He drove him high into the corner and weimer just came out of his line. That was a good block pass.

Stewart will get his bike figured out, just give them some time. Anybody who says stewart is not fast or one of best is just a hater. He on any given night will be the fastest. People talk smack on stewart for crashing yet RV2 has crashed 2 out of the 3 races also. He just fell very early in the races and had time to come back.

Exactly. I mean everybody has been crashing so far. People will just always find a reason to hate on him.

Anyone notice how many people crashed on or because of tuff blocks? Canard, Villopoto, Short, and I think there was one more.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
rollie, didn't you learn from my post last week? You can't talk about his rear suspension without it somehow inferring that you are offering advice to the JGR team. Maybe because you just said they are having a tough time with his rear shock instead of pinpointing it to the rebound. That is probably where I crossed the line. Guess we'll have to wait and get a ruling.

Ahaha! I agree, the people in that thread were just being ludicrous. I lost pretty much all respect for SRH in that thread. Lol

rollie
01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
I didnt see anyones posts haha just calling what i see i tend to watch the bikes suspension more than the rider, dungey was having huge susp. Problems at the monster energy cup, but they seem to have worked on that quite a bit

jrspawn
01-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Stewart now has the big picture in mind... And it has 4 wheels and only makes left turns! I dont think we will see consistently the Stewart of past. He has a HUGE opportunity with JGR in the near future and to risk that over some moto wins would be just plain stupid!!! And for that(if what I think is true) I respect it.

Just my thoughts on it...

sangheraent
01-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Stewart now has the big picture in mind... And it has 4 wheels and only makes left turns! I dont think we will see consistently the Stewart of past. He has a HUGE opportunity with JGR in the near future and to risk that over some moto wins would be just plain stupid!!! And for that(if what I think is true) I respect it.

I agree with that nascar is huge $$$. Its no secret he hates the yamaha but he loves the $$ and nascar has a ton of it.

But I do think that JGR wants a championship in mx more then they want another nascar driver.

jrspawn
01-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by sangheraent
I agree with that nascar is huge $$$. Its no secret he hates the yamaha but he loves the $$ and nascar has a ton of it.

But I do think that JGR wants a championship in mx more then they want another nascar driver.

The mx program for JGR is a drop in the bucket for them. Probably more like a tax write off and advertising deal... They bought the spotlight racer of the sport in hopes of his talent transitioning into auto racing... With his fan base following...

madskrillz2
01-22-2012, 10:25 PM

As bad as I hate to admit, I think that's the deal too. I just wish he wouldn't get his fans hopes up by saying stuff like breaking McGrath's SX win record. I couldn't help but laugh myself when he said that.

rf928
01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I think RV1 is the fastest man on the track. Would stewart have caught up like that?

His pass was fairly dirty (stewart and jake). Not something reed or dungy would do. Someone said thats racing? Well the only guy to do that a lot is stewart. If RV1 can keep it together, I think he might have a big chance. As for Dungey, he is not the fastest, but no one is more consistent.

Just my thoughts.

KKiowaTJ
01-22-2012, 10:43 PM

Thats exactly what RC said in the box in phoenix. He has already been behind the wheel of a couple oval track vehicles, But I'm pretty sure if he proves himself JGR will help or full fund any motor sport he chooses, Baja, Trophy class, etc.
But hes a speed fan so id guess stock car or truck. Hes got 4-5 years to work for it and get their name in the books in sx/mx.

FHKracingZ
01-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by rf928
I think RV1 is the fastest man on the track. Would stewart have caught up like that?

His pass was fairly dirty (stewart and jake). Not something reed or dungy would do. Someone said thats racing? Well the only guy to do that a lot is stewart. If RV1 can keep it together, I think he might have a big chance. As for Dungey, he is not the fastest, but no one is more consistent.

Just my thoughts.

I disagree, Every rider that lines up on them gates will drop another rider to gain a position if they have to. They are fighting for paychecks and rides. I think stewart usually passes preety darn clean considering how much he has had to pass the first 3 weeks.

300ex_#387
01-23-2012, 05:47 AM

His pass was fairly dirty (stewart and jake). Not something reed or dungy would do. Someone said thats racing? Well the only guy to do that a lot is stewart.

This makes me laugh. Dungey I can understand. They say Dungey is too soft though and needs to make those more aggressive passes. Reed!?!?!? Do you not remember last year? He cut the whole corner to cut Stewart off on the straight basically. Reed will do it also. All these guys will make that pass when they need to. They are racing for money. Not some 3ft tall trophy. If the pass is bad enough AMA can step in a fine them. Everyone can have an opinion but your opinion seems biased.

rf928
01-23-2012, 07:45 AM
My rider list goes...

#1 Dungey
#2 RV1
#3 Chad Reed
#4 Trey Canard :(
#5 James stewart

I said james does it a fair bit. Chad would do it, but not as often. Remember when stewart took him over the corner? That was over the top.

Stewart is not my favourite rider, but I do not hate him. He just seems over-aggressive, but he is getting a lot better.

That is my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad. I might not like yours :)

XCRacer236
01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
I swear the people that say Reed rides dirty have only watched him the last 2 years. The ONLY rider softer than Reed is Dungey.

I don't care what anyone says, Dungey is going to turn out just like Reed did. 2nd behind the faster guy. In Reed's day it was RC. Now it's Dungey behind RV. Give it another 1-2 years when Reed and Stewart hang it up. I am with everyone else about Stewart going TRYING to go to NASCAR.

bbender85
01-23-2012, 10:11 AM
... Any rider can push their limits and pass people like crazy just to end up crashing. That's not speed. Being the fastest guy is about riding at a fast pace yet able to maintain consistency... To me the fastest guy is the one who can consistently land on the podium every race with little to no mistakes, because they're able to ride at that level without messing up.

= RV1. in my opinion if he gets out front at any given heat or main this season it's going to be a battle for second that race.

SRH
01-23-2012, 11:12 AM
old stewart i think would give poto a good run if not out run him....to see reed blow his doors in...disappointing, i figured he would be coming back blazing after last season

madskrillz2
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I think this new line of fast riders are all too nice. Anyone remember this guy named Ricky Carmichael? Lol if he had to he would park you in a corner any chance he had, but people still loved him. He's still one of my favorites. Seems like Stewart, Reed, and Carmichael were bouncing off each other every weekend.

300ex_#387
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
I swear the people that say Reed rides dirty have only watched him the last 2 years. The ONLY rider softer than Reed is Dungey.

I don't care what anyone says, Dungey is going to turn out just like Reed did. 2nd behind the faster guy. In Reed's day it was RC. Now it's Dungey behind RV. Give it another 1-2 years when Reed and Stewart hang it up. I am with everyone else about Stewart going TRYING to go to NASCAR.

Noone said Reed was a dirty rider. Its a pass you see happen every race. Since James did it though its like the worst thing since Obama.

Give it 1-2 years when reed and stewart hang it up then what? Still finish behind RV? Your post really makes no sense. Dungey has nothing to prove. He has a lites and big bike titles in both MX and SX. He has won on a brand that has never taken a SX win. He has the points lead. Dungey doesn't have to wait years for anything to happen. It has already happened.

300ex_#387
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I think this new line of fast riders are all too nice. Anyone remember this guy named Ricky Carmichael? Lol if he had to he would park you in a corner any chance he had, but people still loved him. He's still one of my favorites. Seems like Stewart, Reed, and Carmichael were bouncing off each other every weekend.

Totally agree. People are too soft now and way too quick to jump on a rider they dont like if they just so happen to blow exhaust fumes in another riders direction. Now we have Dungey who is like the Tim Tebow of SX that would stop in the middle of the track to avoid a squirrel. Nothing against Dungey but I think if he was more aggressive he would find himself in the top spot more.

Look at Tomac. First year he was a little bit timid and soft. Now this year he has really turned it on and riding really aggressive and loose. The way he is riding now I think he will take the lites west.

mcwilly
01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Anybody heard the latest on the situation with Canard and Morais?

BlasterEaten250
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I think Dungey is smart for not riding over aggressive. So far he has been on the podium every week and you know why? He hasn't done anything stupid, he just goes out and races his race. He gets a good holeshot and holds his position. This strategy has put him in first place overall and I'm sure KTM is more than happy.

kyleschonert
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM

Just my thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyY5ES8Ta6o

Start that video at around 25 seconds. Then try and tell us that Reed wouldn't make a pass like that.

300ex_#387
01-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by mcwilly
Anybody heard the latest on the situation with Canard and Morais?

Here is a picture of Morais's jaw x ray. He underwent surgery to repair it.

Here is what I read about Trey yesterday.

Torrance, CA: Team Honda Muscle Milk rider Trey Canard underwent surgery Tuesday night after sustaining a back injury at Saturday’s Supercross event at Dodger Stadium. The purpose of the procedure was to stabilize the injured area. “The surgery went exactly as planned,” said Trey’s brother Aaron. “He is still in some pain and discomfort but is able to deal with it better and better. He is staying positive and his spirits are up, which is great to see. Depending on how the next few days go, the doctors are hoping Canard can be released to go home by the end of the weekend.”

mcwilly
01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Here is a picture of Morais's jaw x ray. He underwent surgery to repair it.

Here is what I read about Trey yesterday.

Torrance, CA: Team Honda Muscle Milk rider Trey Canard underwent surgery Tuesday night after sustaining a back injury at Saturday’s Supercross event at Dodger Stadium. The purpose of the procedure was to stabilize the injured area. “The surgery went exactly as planned,” said Trey’s brother Aaron. “He is still in some pain and discomfort but is able to deal with it better and better. He is staying positive and his spirits are up, which is great to see. Depending on how the next few days go, the doctors are hoping Canard can be released to go home by the end of the weekend.”

holy crap, not hard to see where the break is lol
Thanks for the info

mcwilly
01-27-2012, 03:20 PM
pic