PDA

View Full Version : Worn Rekluse questions?

Foxhound013
01-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I bought a rekluse z start pro from a guy on here with the username kt23. I emailed him back to give him a chance to make this right. I just emailed him tonight so I will keep you guys up to date on this. To start with I was told it worked fine and everything was there. I got it and right off i noticed that the oversized gasket was missing. I figured no big deal i'll just order one but a day or so later i started to look at all the other pieces in there and unwrapped the hub from the wrapping it was in (wrapped to keep the balls in place). As soon as I opened it I noticed there were some serious grooves in the inner hub/basket. Also other parts had the appearance of something came apart and cut them up. There were aluminum shavings all over, at first i thought it was anti seize but whatta ya know it wasn't. I will get pictures up as soon as I can. I'm crossing my fingers that it will still work if not this guy has to feel really good that he just screwed over a 16 year old kid for his hard earned money. Anyone think that this thing will still work? I'm thinking he used a stock basket and it came apart. Sound like the cause or no? Anyone else ever seen something like this and is it still usable afterward? Thanks for anything you guys can tell me.

Foxhound013
01-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Update on kt23, he emailed me back saying he took it out of the bike (still working) to sell because it was sold to a buddy and he didn't want the rekluse in it. They had a hinson cover, which explains the no gasket and if you've never had a rekluse before not knowing makes sense. Hopefully I will get this all straightened out and it will still work.

deathman53
01-22-2012, 09:08 AM
hinson makes 2 covers, one holds standard amount of oil, the other holds more(and over sticks out more). If he had the larger one, that would explain the lack of gasket. My crf450r has a rekluse and it has a stock cover w/ gasket(few mm's) between cover and clutch cover. It normally doesn't use a gasket at all.

Foxhound013
01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm putting it in and crossing my fingers. I noticed there wasn't a gasket so I figured I could probably get one cut at our local atv shop. We weighed all of the balls and they are all the same weight. What I'm needing to know is do I need the different weighted ones to make it work better or will all the same weight work just fine. Also I was needing a pdf version of the setup, tuning, and maintenance guide for the z start pro but didn't have any luck finding one. I plan on ordering a new outer basket for it soon but i'll test it out on the stock one for now. Any and all help you guys can give me is appreciated thanks. Also wanted to mention that kt23 is a good guy to buy off, I just didn't know what I was looking for when it comes to this sort of thing. I talked to his buddy greg (the actual owner of it) and he said if something is wrong with it he would be willing to make things right. They are some good people.

deathman53
01-23-2012, 03:41 AM
you can go to NAPA or similar place and get gasket paper. They sell it in different thicknesses. Waht springs were included, it should have been three or four. How mine works is there is three springs, low engagement is one spring, mid is 2 springs and high is 2 springs(swap for a heavier second spring). You can adjust how hard it launches also, 24 balls is soft and 27 is hard. You can put different balls to make it harder(tongueston balls). When you install it, it needs an "installed gap", there is a small wire that is there(2) if you can put in 2 place across from each other between hat a metal plate, you need the thicker metal plate(included). Blue lockitie is used on the hat torq screws and they only get tightened to hand tightness.

hrc450er
01-23-2012, 05:35 AM
On rekluse web page u can print off the instructions that come with the. Clutch

Foxhound013
01-23-2012, 05:42 PM
I found the install instructions but not the tuning and maintenance, which I assumed was the part that told what setup (certain balls in certain configuration) did what.

JAKE YATES
01-27-2012, 11:15 AM
all the balls will be the same the diffrence is made by how many balls you put in.

should also be one extra steel that is bigger than the others, to use when the fibers are wore.

deathman53
01-27-2012, 12:30 PM
no, they sell 2 different types of balls. the tunguston ones have an extra hard engagement.