PDA

View Full Version : what wires do i hook my key switch to?

caseywoods5
01-19-2012, 05:24 PM
hey guys, i took off my plastic because i was going to adjust my valves and the wires were just taped together but the key switch worked. me being a genius i didn't pay attention to the fact that the wires are different colors (normally the wires are the same as to what they go to), and i was wondering if you guys could inform me of what colors go to what. maybe when the PO put on the new wiring harness it was off something else or the key switch was from something else, i don't know. but here is a pic of what i'm dealing with.

caseywoods5
01-19-2012, 05:26 PM
as you can see in the pic, i was experimenting with hooking the wires randomly to see if it would die if i cut the key off (it didn't die) or if it would start with the key off (it started) so i know they're hooked up wrong. any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

CJM
01-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Does this help? Why would the wires be another color..doesnt make sense..

caseywoods5
01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
well it helped me figure out where my wires ran to all my other stuff but i have no idea why they're different colors. the PO had a new wiring harness put on by their mechanic and they got it back with the lights, start button, and neutral light not working. the key worked until i pulled it apart to check the valves (which i can't do because my plugs won't come out, the top of the plugs keep breaking when i try to loosen them they are so tight). i am already mad enough at not being able to adjust my valves but i'd like to somehow figure this out.