PDA

View Full Version : Rear ATV foot brake bleeding the easy way!

chunky0071
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Tools needed
1/8” clear hose 1’
50cc syringe found at local drug store.
This is the easiest way to bleed rear foot brakes with a remote reservoir. First remove your remote reservoir leaving the hose on the master cylinder. Remove the plunger from the 50cc syringe and insert in the master cylinder hose. Place your 1/8” hose on your bleeder nipple so that it is above the brake caliper this is very important that the hose is above the brake caliper. It will keep air from going back into the caliper. Open the bleeder nipple and fill the syringe with desired brake fluid. Reinstall the plunger and slowly push the fluid till there are no bubbles coming out of the brake caliper. When the bubbles stop keep pushing the fluid and close the bleeder. You have now flushed and bled your brakes.

selbygirl
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
thats how i do it also .. but tusk makes a brake bleeder tool also check out the youtube http://youtu.be/RxQkCpiQ7Y0

chunky0071
01-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Ya got 2 of those in the shop and don't use them. This way I know I have flushed the system and I am ready to go.

selbygirl
01-19-2012, 03:57 PM
ya those syringes come real handy . we use them to put tranny fluide in the bikes also , you can pick them up at tsc tractor suppley company. in the vet section

skyeryder
01-20-2012, 03:56 PM
do you use the 50cc b/c it fits the hose best? went to TSC today but sold out of 50cc, they had 30cc didn't know if the nipple size was the same

selbygirl
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
i use the 60 cc syring . a freind of mine has to use a feeding tube so i buy them off of her . for 2 bucks apiece , the end fitting is big . i put a bowl of water in the microwave for a couple of minutes. and use a tube abought a foot long put 2 inches of tube in water let it get real soft and use a little dab of dish soap for lubercant and slide hose on syring and use a real tiny zip tie then run cold water on , if you want i can sell you some syringes with out tube for 2 bucks apiece ..i can get 3 in a 5.00 doller box shiped . i sell them on ebay also . transmision syringes

skyeryder
01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by selbygirl
i use the 60 cc syring . a freind of mine has to use a feeding tube so i buy them off of her . for 2 bucks apiece , the end fitting is big . i put a bowl of water in the microwave for a couple of minutes. and use a tube abought a foot long put 2 inches of tube in water let it get real soft and use a little dab of dish soap for lubercant and slide hose on syring and use a real tiny zip tie then run cold water on , if you want i can sell you some syringes with out tube for 2 bucks apiece ..i can get 3 in a 5.00 doller box shiped . i sell them on ebay also . transmision syringes

I'll take a box, pm me your paypal or how you want paid thanks and how much

chunky0071
01-21-2012, 06:32 AM
I use the tube that is on the master cylinder the reason being you don't have air trapped in it. If you remove that hose when you put it back on you have to make sure and get the air out and check your brakes for air. The clear hose is for the brake caliper nipple to keep the air a way from the caliper.

chunky0071
01-21-2012, 06:33 AM
The 50cc ones I use are also for feeding tubes I just pick them up at the drug store.