PDA

View Full Version : a-arms options

krause19
01-18-2012, 10:57 PM
I have the stock a-arms right now but the ball joint boots are riped and i'm figuring its just a matter of time before there trashed. I ride xc mostly so i'm not looking for L/t or enything like that just wanna know what my options are for a-arms, since the stock ones are not able to be changed. I'm a week-end racer so i dont have tons to spend but i want something that will last. Let me know what you guys like out there right know.

chronicsmoke
01-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Stalk the classifieds section untill a good deal on +1 arms. Your stock arms haven't broken yet, so you have some time still (don't jump on the first set that comes your way, unless its a GREAT deal). There are great deals to be had, you just have to be patient.

look for Houser, LSR, Burgard, ect, (there are TONS of brands out there)

Baileygunns
01-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Hit the autoparts store and buy new boots... Or you can cut the upper ball joints off and put aftermarket ones in like the gtt or jet arms... Alba sells upper ball joints (2) for $49 shipped on eBay.

XC_Racer_129
01-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I agree with chronicsmoke. Watch the classifieds here, ebay, and even craigslist for a nice set of standard travel +1's.

I found a set of houser +.5 long travel arms with PEP shocks on here for $400. I threw a coat of paint on the arms and I was even able to get a few races out of the shocks before needing a rebuild.

hondamatic4588
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
you can find new stock take off a-arms with bushings sometimes for 100, i bought two sets this past season for that price

krause19
01-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Stalk the classifieds section untill a good deal on +1 arms. Your stock arms haven't broken yet, so you have some time still (don't jump on the first set that comes your way, unless its a GREAT deal). There are great deals to be had, you just have to be patient.

look for Houser, LSR, Burgard, ect, (there are TONS of brands out there)

ya thats what i've been doing figured if i'm going to spend money might as well get a new set instead of putting money into my stock set.

krause19
01-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by XC_Racer_129
I agree with chronicsmoke. Watch the classifieds here, ebay, and even craigslist for a nice set of standard travel +1's.

I found a set of houser +.5 long travel arms with PEP shocks on here for $400. I threw a coat of paint on the arms and I was even able to get a few races out of the shocks before needing a rebuild.

i hope to get this lucky.

krause19
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
thanks for the info to all that posted.

brewster426
01-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Call izzy at Burgard. He's a nice guy but sometimes hard to get in touch with. He makes some pretty good quality stuff for the money.

krause19
01-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by brewster426
Call izzy at Burgard. He's a nice guy but sometimes hard to get in touch with. He makes some pretty good quality stuff for the money.

ill do that and see what he comes up with. thanks