PDA

View Full Version : Computer Guys

BoneStockHonda
01-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I recently went on a snowboarding trip and put a bunch of videos on my laptop during the trip so I wouldn't fill my SD card when filming.

I want to transfer the files to my PC so I can edit them. Can I transfer files between my laptop and PC with a USB cable? I don't have the right USB cable to connect them both and I just want to make sure it's possible before I buy one.

Thanks!

sexysilverado45
01-18-2012, 06:17 PM
If they are both PC and not a Mac and PC then get a 500 gb hard drive and put them on that then copy them over I dont think you can go computer to computer via USB but im not 100% sure I've never tried it.

CJM
01-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Need a yellow cat 5 ethernet crossover cable to connect 2 pcs together..usb wont work without a hub.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
or you can just connect them both to the same network and share the files. The flash drive would work if it's big enough but IDK if it would have to have the same software on it or not. I would think that aside your only other issue would be making sure both computers had the same media player, I would suggest VLS.

BoneStockHonda
01-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Both computers are running on Windows 7 and the files are all 1080p HD so it would take forever with a flash drive haha. I've been meaning to get an external hard drive for awhile so I guess this is my excuse. Thanks for the input guys.