PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Racing LTR spindles

lwrider20
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
ok i finally have the details on our new DC-PRO Spindle setup. these are going to be billet aluminum spindles that will be LTR450 geometry, the nice thing about them is you can reuse the stock (04-05) calipers, rotors and wheel hubs. this will save you a lot of money when doing the conversion since you will not need to buy the oem LTR parts. the spindles will retail for $650 for the pair and will come either raw aluminum or powdercoated. we will be making these for the trx450 and yfz-r and are taking pre orders now.

eastside 400
01-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Do you still need different upper arms and stem for this setup then? Im glad someone finally just made a spindle setup, i thought walsh would have done this a long time ago...I thought the price of the spindle would be alot cheaper though, for 650 you could go and get the LTR parts cheaper

lwrider20
01-18-2012, 12:19 PM
yes it will still require the different arms and stem just like the other kits. i priced used stuff out on ebay and it will cost you around $500-$600. if you get new stuff it will cost you a lot more than that. i think just the calipers new were like $230 each.

jigg14
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by lwrider20
yes it will still require the different arms and stem just like the other kits. i priced used stuff out on ebay and it will cost you around $500-$600. if you get new stuff it will cost you a lot more than that. i think just the calipers new were like $230 each.
You have to consider the fact that once you buy all the Suzuki stuff you can sell all the left over Honda parts to save a little money.

will69jr
01-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Ive bought 2 complete ltr front end parts, spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, and one set with tie rod ends and replaced all the bearings and seals in both and have less then the price for one set of your spindles. But I really think its cool you guys were the first to step up and do this because somebody needed to!

eastside 400
01-18-2012, 04:38 PM
yea, i completely agree that this is a huge step in the right direction but the cost just seems way off. This is part of the reason i think ATV racing is slowing down, when the front ends cost 2000 without shocks its pretty crazy. For that much you could completely setup a dirtbike with motor work and suspension work along with any smaller upgrades needed.

will69jr
01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Your exactly right I just spent 6 grand on just the a-arms,swingarms,and steering stems, for 2 of my bikes nothing else and they were all bare metal so I could powder them a custom color.