PDA

View Full Version : Sparks +6 Key?

Drfat400ex
01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
I've heard these are great for a bit of hp increase and better response for the money, but I've also heard that you should only put them on stock engines because of the heat. I have a few questions, how exactly is this generating any more power? Is my engine considered too modded for one of these so far? And does the kit come with the side gasket? Thanks!

honda400ex2003
01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
you would be fine running it with your setup. it advances the timing to create a more complete burn by igniting the mixture a bit earlier.

it works great in conjunction with the choke removal mod too if you havent done that already.

the kit does not include the side gasket so that will have to be ordered separately or ordering a full gasket kit. i would suggest doing that, then you will have the rest if needed in the future.

i say run it and enjoy
steve

Drfat400ex
01-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Alright thanks man, just awnsered everything I need to know. I would do the choke removal, but holy crap myn starts cold with my 42 but it needs the choke to get warmed up. Maybe when spring comes I'll take it out and put it back in when November rolls in, we'll see how it all turns out.

honda400ex2003
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM
i used to only do it in the summer also, worked decent doing it that way.

steve