PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Job

05/450r/10
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
im am 15 and need a job what some of the best places or the eisest ones you think would hire

Drfat400ex
01-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm 15 and I've been working at a Promotional Wood Products Factory, if you're not sure what I mean look up their website, google "Promotional Wood Products Ltd. Mitchell Ont." Anyways I've been there for 2 years and it's a great job, if that's what you like to do. If you're in Canada, try Tim Hortons, they're great! Or try McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, things like that. Try a dairy barn, my buddy works there and he loves it, exept you might be asked to work at 3:30 in the morning before school twice a week, but on the upside after working there for a while you could start making upwords of $20/h. Pig barns are good too, but some are really badly taken care of, and you might be put in charge of casterating the pigs (cuttin off the twins) or breeding, which is pretty damn nasty, so if you have a weak stomache that's probably not a good one. Hope that helped!!

honda400ex2003
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
dishwasher, busser, bagger at a grocery store, general laborer for somewhere.

that would be where i started looking first and did look first when 13-14 and starting to work.

steve

CJM
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I worked in the butcher dept in a foodstore at 14. Course my dad knew the owner and got me the better paying but dirty butcher job (I served customers so the real butcher could cut stuff) cause it paid more.

After that I worked for 3 years at a sears like clothing chain called bobs stores we have in the northeast.

Your quite limited in places to work due to your age.

dxcody
01-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I am 17 and have had a few jobs already.

I started working at my dads factory when i was 13 (because my dad ran the factory) It was pretty neat, it was a wood treating factory, and i might add it was the 1st Thermally Modified wood factory in the united states..

In the summer i mow yards, ALOT. Just find an older lady or couple living near you and ask them if they need any assistance with lawn care this year. But that doesnt help you now.

I also worked as a kinnel boy at the veterinarian clinic about 2 miles from my house (rode my bicycle to and from work everyday i worked)

And right now i am jobless.. Except for taking care of my neighbors dog. They work 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts so i let their dog out the days they work for $5 a day just to get me by until summer hits and i start mowing again.

Check local machine shops, hair shops, whatever and ask if they need someone to sweep floors, blah blah.. Whatever. There are alot of jobs out there, you just have to get out and ask and what not.

Good Luck!

bbender85
01-18-2012, 06:47 AM
i started working for a local landscape company in the nursery when i was 14 watering plants and pulling weeds, did that for a few years and started on their installation crew for a few more years, then had my own truck and route and sprayed pesticides for a few years after that. its a great field if you like to be outdoors... i almost majored in horticulture in college but changed my mind at the last minute.

trailrider894
01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
At 10, I started mowing lawns making 50 bucks a week or so... At 13 I bought a riding lawnmower and started making more and picked up more lawns. At 16 I owned my own landscaping buisness working 40+ hours a week. At 18 I still ran my landscaping/lawncare buisness and worked a maintenance job at the local school district working 40 hours a week pushing 80 hours a week total. And now I am a Soldier in the U.S. Army, as an MP i work average 6 days a week and average 14 hour shifts.. Mostly nights. With our deployment coming up though, i'm currently on leave for the time being.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-18-2012, 06:59 PM
get a paper route. :D

CJM
01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
get a paper route. :D

They still have those for kids??? Last I seen it was a guy throwing them outta his pick up truck.

Drfat400ex
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by CJM
They still have those for kids??? Last I seen it was a guy throwing them outta his pick up truck.
Couple guys I go to school with still take out their bikes and deliver papers. Don't get much money from doing a paper route I wouldn't think though.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by CJM

yea I was j/k as usual, internet killed the newspaper industry.

Flip some burgers, cut some grass or clean some pools but stay in school.

Crazy lil punk
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
I started with a paper route and then mowed lawns also. Not bad gig for a young teen. Thats how I bought my first few bikes/quads.

finsteratv
01-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Mowing lawns, Logging for my dad in the summer..even though 8 hour shifts for 40$ kind of blows..My best friends dad/my neighbor is a contracter and wants to take me on this summer so im really hoping on that! Plus once you're 16 you can become a life guard....im a strong swimmer/athlete so im gonna look into that.