PDA

View Full Version : People who know alot about 250X/300EX engines -

Live2Ride300
03-01-2003, 05:50 PM
The part circled is loose on the head, there is hose attached to it, that hose is the crankcase breather hose. I was checking my valve clearances last night when I noticed it was loose, it comes right out of the hole that it goes in. I was wondering if this is bad, and how do I make it stay? It looks like it was sealed in there from the factory. But what would make it come loose? Is there a special kind of sealent I need to seal it back in there? Thanx for any help, its greatly appreciated.

300exTJjeeper
03-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Hi there rider,

Well it's just a breather hose that is all. The problem you ahve right now is dirt getting inside the crankcase. YOu can either get a new one or seal it up somehow.

YOu can still ride with it, SOme people put those little k&n fitlers on there too. If it was me I'll juet order me a new one, I mean it can't be that much or just make my own connection

tinner
03-01-2003, 07:00 PM
I've seen them come loose before. I always had enough parts to just use different ones. I would try a little gasket sealer or a very little amount of JB weld, just to try and keep it in place. If it doesn't work, pm me because I have a couple extra 250x rocker tops.

kicken250x
03-01-2003, 08:06 PM
i would just get some gasket sealer and put it around it and stick it back in. it should hold it in and it wont let dirt to enter ur topend

TRX_Thumper
03-02-2003, 12:18 AM
yeah mines loose 2 im just gonna seal it up with some liquid gasket an hope that works

Live2Ride300
03-02-2003, 02:50 AM
Thanx for the replies guys. I'll give the gasket sealer a try, if that doesnt work, i'll try a little jb weld. Thats weird how you cant order that lil part, how is it sealed from the factory??