PDA

View Full Version : Removing Choke

Chanman420q
03-01-2003, 05:40 PM
I was wondering if removing the choke on a stock motor would be worth it? im gunna becleaning my carb today anyways so it iwll be off

dariusld
03-01-2003, 06:23 PM
The only reason I wouldn't do it is for starting reasons. Any time you have trouble starting your going to be blaming the no choke. The only time I have trouble starting it is when I haven't ridden it for weeks. I didn't increase the pilot jet though. All the other times I just stab the throttle four times and vroom vroom. I don't live in a cold climate though.

NoWingNoPrayer
03-01-2003, 06:25 PM
it will give you like .01 more hp with proper jetting on a stock quad.

if you had like a 440 stroker on a stock carb, it might be worth doing

Chanman420q
03-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by NoWingNoPrayer
it will give you like .01 more hp with proper jetting on a stock quad.

if you had like a 440 stroker on a stock carb, it might be worth doing

thats basicly what i wanted to hear

dariusld
03-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah I get that from the people I ride with too. "Why you do that to your Quad?" Its just funny when they are behind me or when I beat them up the hill. "Why did you take your spark arrestor screen out." Next trip they also took their spark arrestor out. It all adds up. Little here, little there. No lid, no choke, no spark arrestor, grind welds and all of the sudden I'm faster than you. You ever look in your carb and see that big ol choke in the way? It makes a difference and it isn't .01. But what do I know?