PDA

View Full Version : What repacking kit?

dxcody
01-16-2012, 11:47 PM
I have a White borthers E series slip on, and it has NO, 0, nothing, inside it.

What repacking kit should i buy?

Will an FMF work?

99_300ex
01-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Yes it would work that's what I fit in my hmf.:)

duneslider
01-17-2012, 08:07 AM
As long as it is packing for a 4-stroke it should work. I have been using the tusk brand packing and have been happy with it, cheap and the same as all the others.

dxcody
01-17-2012, 10:03 AM
cool thanks fellas!

400man
01-17-2012, 11:53 AM
well, I repacked the exhaust on my spare 400ex the other day. its got an old white bros. r4 exhaust. I also turned it into a shorty exhaust, and in the process of taking it apart I found it had zero packing. I guess thats why it sounded like chit. but I had some extra 2 stroke fmf packing and I decided to use it. man that exhaust sounds 10x better now that it has packing. Not sure how shortening it affected the sound, but it sounds alot deeper and throatier, and the throttle response feels a little smoother.

dxcody
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 400man
well, I repacked the exhaust on my spare 400ex the other day. its got an old white bros. r4 exhaust. I also turned it into a shorty exhaust, and in the process of taking it apart I found it had zero packing. I guess thats why it sounded like chit. but I had some extra 2 stroke fmf packing and I decided to use it. man that exhaust sounds 10x better now that it has packing. Not sure how shortening it affected the sound, but it sounds alot deeper and throatier, and the throttle response feels a little smoother.

Cool! Now i cant wait to get my packing in. Thanks for the reply man! :D

JOHNDOE83
01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 400man

I also custom shorty'd my R4, it makes it a whole new pipe!

And it looks sick!