PDA

View Full Version : Murfreesboro, TN arena cross video

thequadfather+2
01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
This is a video edit from the arena cross race in Murfreesboro, Tn on the 14th. We had a good time and saw a ton of minis there. The 4-7 group had two rows and the 8-11 class had 15 quads. It took three heat races to decide the front row. There were 450 entries and 50 different moto's. We didnt have much luck but had a good time anyway.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b90mwlFivjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dunner250
01-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Looks like a blast!

jerkyboy
01-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Nice video as always.

nordic quad
01-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Looks like a god mix of quads in the youth classes too,Apex,Drr,Honda,Yamaha,Cobra and i think i saw a Extreme too

Stein A:D

jungleboy213
01-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Hey Bruce, I didn't realize Noah got into Brady. Brady had a pretty rough weekend. We did too. Noah went into the first turn 4th and come out 14th. He was being bounced around like a ping pong ball. I think he got hit 5 times in that first turn. It was one heck of a weekend. We had a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again.

thequadfather+2
01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
No worries man....It happens. we were hoping to be in front of all the wheel banging that would be going on in the pack. First, we hit the gate and then got caught up with Noah when he was trying to get going. Jordan got caught up in a wreck in the heat race and started on the second row. We didn't really run that good but got some good seat time I guess.

We had a pretty good time, for sure.

jay-r
01-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Good video. We had a good time. We ran the 4 to 7 quad class which had a good turnout. Not the competition we were looking for. But, we were happy to ride. Jordyn also raced 50 sr and 50 open bike. There were 17 and 22 riders in those classes. Very good competition there. Looked like nearly a sell out crowd of spectators too.

thequadfather+2
01-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes, I saw the 4-7 class line up and noticed they had a pretty large group. It was bad timing and I didn't get back in there to record it, sorry. I heard Jordyn ran good. We were in the same boat last year, Brady was faster than the 4-7 class but it wouldn't have been fair to put him in the upper class. I was glad to see all the quads show up...23 quads between both classes-not including the 12-15 jr class.

jay-r
01-17-2012, 07:04 PM
The Arenacross races are very busy. I had trouble getting back to watch the races that I wanted to see. We video all of Jordyn's races to help show her areas of improvement.

You didn't miss anything in the 4 to 7. Lol. The 8 to 11 class was much more enertaining to watch. The 12 to 15 class was very good too. Kay Kay Presnell made a very good pass for the lead in the main.

Logan #34's Dad
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey Bruce, Did I see the ULTIMATE sin? Cobra's vs CVT's? :p
That #8 kid looks fast - He needs to come run National's.
Also, was that a Yamaha Raptor I seen running in front of one of your boys in the main? Possible new player??

bloodswet&gears
01-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
Yes, I saw the 4-7 class line up and noticed they had a pretty large group. It was bad timing and I didn't get back in there to record it, sorry. I heard Jordyn ran good. We were in the same boat last year, Brady was faster than the 4-7 class but it wouldn't have been fair to put him in the upper class. I was glad to see all the quads show up...23 quads between both classes-not including the 12-15 jr class.
I got it if you dont mind I will try to post it here or on a new thread if thats OK. Dont want to mess up your thread.
It def wont be the same quality cause its a cell phone vid.

thequadfather+2
01-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Hey Rocky, actually yes. everyone was on the same gate. The cobras learned quickly, after the heat race they went back to the trailers and geared them down. With long whoop sections on both sides of the track I knew it would be a fight to keep those guys at bay. They all seem to run well.

The Raptor was out front front of Brady, he got caught up in the gate and then collected in the pile up in turn-one so he had to work his way through the traffic from the back. The kid on the Raptor rode good, the bike did not look modded.

The kid on the Apex #8 is a great rider. They rode Loretta's. He and Jordan have been swapping paint for several years now. I believe they have plans to run a few nats this year along with the kid on the Apex that was out front. Actually it used to be a 3 way battle between them but we kinda lost pace since Jordan has been out....We have a lot of work to do before March.

Here is another angle from a cell phone. #8 started on the third row because he wrecked in the heat race but he dodges the wreck and works his way up. Watch him hit the double on the second lap. He was the only one to do that, he hit it once in the heat race as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/usCULl5oAWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thequadfather+2
01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Sure post it up here, if you want too. I didn't get to see the race

edwardsp&b
01-18-2012, 08:16 AM
hey bruce, all you guys load up and lets go to motoplex at the GA/Fla line next weekend. Gonna be a great crowd, and we will get Jordan back in to shape on Sat. before the race Sun morning. Yall try to show up. We are gonna motorhome pool to get there to save some $$. They say we will be done racing Sunday around 1pm, enough time to get back home before dark.
Bryan

bloodswet&gears
01-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
Sure post it up here, if you want too. I didn't get to see the race Tried to post it. Wrong format. Try it again later.

bloodswet&gears
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
AXTOUR Murfreesboro,Tn 1-14-2012

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QeguD4cL8uI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jay-r
01-18-2012, 06:45 PM
B,S&Gears, thanks for posting the video. We got a video from the other side of the arena. I didn't get to see it from that angle. I didn't think Jordyn rode very hard without somebody pushing her, but it does look better from over there. I hope you get to make it to some more TMXA races this year. The 2012 schedule is now posted on their website. We are planning to hit all points races and a few nationals.

bloodswet&gears
01-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I was gonna say hi to ya but you were on a mission. She lapped everybody but 2nd and us. She's a great rider. We will see ya at tumbling creek in march.

jay-r
01-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize you were at the race or I would have said hello. She raced 2 bike classes also and had to qualify in those. Plus, I was helping some of our friends get their kids to the line and had to help work on their bikes. Seems like I am always busy at the races. Lol.

Thanks for the compliment. Indoors aren't really her best races. It doesn't show in the video, but she actually got hung up with a lapper and took a little bit to get unstuck. Looks like your son was doing well and having a good time. We are looking forward to getting back to Tumbling Creek. It is our favorite track.

See you there.