PDA

View Full Version : motor advice/help

450Rfutureracer
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
alright everyone having some issues with my 06 ER, bought this thing used last year and worked on buliding it up from frame, ran fine for 6 months then the problems started. Found out the piston and rings were done so put in a new wesico and they didnt solve everything and then found out that the valves were way outta whack so those were replaced with new seals. Then it ran great until it started having starting issues and I got it narrowed down to the starter clutch and replaced that, and now that is replaced it will not start at all, im out of ideas, it has spark, fuel and air im just not sure what else the thing needs to run. So if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

DnB_racing
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
is your fuel nice and fresh? and will it push start? have you tried a little shot of starting fluid?

just a couple things to try:)

and you might want to check your starting compression

thechamp27
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
If your valve lash is correct, the next thing I would suspect is your stator is bad, seen that on some 450R's.

One sympton that seems fairly common is that it won't start or is very hard to start with the button or kicking it over, but it will start fairly easily by pulling it. Just something to look in to.

450Rfutureracer
01-16-2012, 08:48 PM
finally got a hand to give me a pull and it fired no problem so took a look under the valve cover and noticed the decomp arm was outta spec, fixed that, pushed the quad outside for an hour and half in the cold to get the motor temp down and tried again and she fired right up so lets hope it stays running