PDA

View Full Version : Gots a rant, bent my Freaking A arm today :/

Thumpin440ex
01-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Knew it was going to be a cold sob today, but we said wth lets head to ride.. The trails were really icy, the bikes( all of ours) were just being unpredictable.. Whether it was the dirt or leaves or mud.. Just was slick and icy .. So we didn't ride to to hard.. When you thought it was going to slide it didn't, when you thought it was going to hook it didn't.. My luck and making a hard turn out of another turn, my chit decided it wanted to keep on sliding, WHAP right into a tree, big enough that it didn't want to give to much :( Didn't even have time to hit the brakes.. About a mid 2nd gear run.. Got off the bike, saw a small bend in the right top arm, looked closer, saw the chrome all cracked up ( F^&K) So not sure if I am going to fix the arm and have it re chromed or just do a set of new arms.. Def sucks, but I guess you can't keep a perfect bike if you don't ride it.. On second hand my buddy broke the case on his yzf450 after the chain was blown off by a huge stick that got caught up in it.. Rant over..

John

powerbomb400
01-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Vent it out and then get to the job that has to be done. Its the nature of the beast. Its kinda like flipping or rolling a quad. Its not a matter of if but when. My wife says "Don't laugh it wasn't your turn" If you ride them then its going to happen. I'd take your repair over your buddy's. That going to be a motor teardown to repair it right. On the postive side you didn't have to get towed out.

NacsMXer
01-16-2012, 09:39 AM
That sucks for sure man. Got any pics of the damage? What kind of arms are they?

Thumpin440ex
01-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I can get some.. It is not bent bad, but just enough to notice if you really look.. Not sure what arms they are.. The have adjustable top ball joints.. Were off a 250R :hmmm:

John