PDA

View Full Version : Full flight A-Arms ?

400exrip
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
What's up guys, Wanted to hear some input from you guys with Full Flight A-Arms. Was going to switch from Burgard to Houser but don't want to spend that much $$$.

So Probably just going to switch from the Burgards to the Full Flights
Any input is appreciated thanks, Ty.

trailrider894
01-15-2012, 06:46 PM
They just use outdated Heim joints.... its pretty retarted... but they are decent quality besides that.

quadmanw
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
The heim joints may last you two rides.. mine were junked after a week and now theyre very noisy and move a lot. theyre okay.. But IMO balljoints are your best bet.

Thumpin440ex
01-16-2012, 09:12 PM
The newer ones I do believe started to use a better end on them.. My buddy had a set on his bike, the quality looked pretty good to me.. Well made IMO..

John

dxcody
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Noisy!

And if you dont keep the joints well lubed, it also makes it very hard to turn.

My experience with them arent bad... Save your money and buy better.

If you buy great arms, then you wont have to buy great arms later.

If you buy OK arms now, you wont be satisfied and you will end up buying great arms later.

They are OK, not good, not great, not bad. But you may as well just save your money and buy good arms.

My opinion, stick with your plan and buy housers.

chronicsmoke
01-17-2012, 05:56 AM
I think they'd be fine for flat-tracking though.

Yah they are noisy, but that's is really the only issue I had (except of course the bolt through heims seperating on jumps..) get the new heims and you won't have to worry. Other than that they are built pretty solid

Zeb400EX
01-17-2012, 07:21 AM
I had a set of fullflights that had the old heims and they wore out pretty quick. I had one heim come completely apart on me. Luckly I was just loading my quad in my truck when it happen. I can't imagine what would have happen if it fell apart when I was riding. I did buy the new heims from fullflight after that. But they were starting the have play in them only after about 4 rides. I got rid of them and bought some gt thunder arms. The gtt arms are worlds better quality than the fullflight. My quad handle better with them too. Didn't have the push in the corners that my fullflights did.

Your burgard arms are way better quality than the fullflight ever thought about being. You should stick with them til you get the money for some gtt's. The gtt's are like $800 on their site, but go on ebay and seach (400ex gtt). Gtt sells them on there for around $400. Thats the best xc style 400ex arms for the money in my opinion.

quadmanw
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Are the heim joints that are sold on fullflightracing.com the new ones? and did anyone find it a pain in the ***** to adjust them right? any specs on what you did?

Zeb400EX
01-17-2012, 03:34 PM
The newer heim will not have a allen head bolt coming out of the top. They are one piece and you can't take them apart, but still junk. The new ones are pretty must the same thing except there's no allen bolt threads to strip out and fall apart on you. But they still make noise and still seemed like they were wearing out just as fast as the old ones. If your gonna do any type of racing I would not recommend these arms at all.

quadmanw
01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Then I already have the new ones lol. Yeah I know, I race GNCC and they are junk. I just put an ad on craigslist to sell them. I like the GTT arms or houser. I messed up buying the fullflights

jman7290
01-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I had them on mine, they are built really well and have a lifetime replacement warranty. The only downfall is that they are really heavy and the balljoints that come on them wear out really quick. I hear they have an improved spindle now, you must use lock tight on them. I had a lower one come apart and drop down out on the trails, luckly I was slowing down to cross a creek when it happened. I did buy an improved balljoint that they started selling, but I only got a few rides on them before my quad got stolen. They seemed to do the trick though, but they were like an additional $200.00 dollars with the improved heims. If I build another bike I will just save up for Lonestars or somthing!

THESE ARE BRAND NEW FULLFLIGHT RACING A-ARMS REPLACEMENT HEIM JOINTS SOLD ON EBAY:

THIS IS A FULL SET OF UPGRADED CHROMOLY HEIMS, SELF LUBRICATING & SELF SEALING WITH NYLA-MATRIX INJECTION MOLDED RACE. THESE ARE THE VERY TOP OF THE LINE HEIMS THAT ARE USED ON MILLION DOLLAR CROSS COUNTRY TROPHY TRUCKS AND RAILS THAT COMPLETE THE BIG 1000 MILE RACES. ROCK CRAWLERS AND SAND CARS USE THESE SAME HEIMS AS WELL. THEY ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY HEIMS ON THE MARKET TODAY, THEY HANDS DOWN SURPASS THE KEVLAR-TEFLON LINING, TYPE HEIMS. THE CHROMATE PLATING GIVES THEM A VERY STYLISH LOOK AND APPEARANCE. WE HERE AT FULLFLIGHT RACING WORK VERY HARD, TO GIVE YOU THE BEST POSSIBLE UPGRADES, WHILE KEEPING AFFORDIBILITY.

05 440 11:1 Big Bore, Hot Cams stage 2, GT Thunder HD studs and HD timing chain, Ported & Polished, Trinity stage 4 full exhaust, Edelbrock Doug Eichner signature series 440 carb with billet spacer plate, AMR stage 3 CDI with Monster Coil, Procom voltage regulator, 3 degree key, Uni Filter with Pro Design Billet intake adapter and aluminum air box with scoop and Outerwares, custom crankcase breather, over sized aluminum oil tank with air ports, Hinson Billet basket and fibers with EBC springs, EMS high torque racing starter, Elka Elite front shocks with Full Flight +2 A-Arms, LoneStar +3 axcalaber axel with billet twin row bearing carrier, LSR brake block off, Hiper bead locks, Maxis Razr 2's, 16/38 gearing, D.I.D. X-ring chain, DG Fat series swing arm skid, DG Pro nerf bars, DG V-Lite front bumper,DG case saver, DG front frame gaurd, OMF air scoops, Rox dash panel and hand gaurds, Precision steering stabilizer, Fasst Flexx bars, Terry Cable thumb throttle, ODI locking Grips.

400exrip
01-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Decided to go with Houser Slicast.

jman7290
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Good call!!!