PDA

View Full Version : EBAY Idiots

dquarton
01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I swear to god some times you just want to strangle some buyers on ebay. I just had a guy leave me negative feedback because the set of Skat Trak front sand tires that he bought said "Nankang" on the side of them and not Skat Trak. THAT IS THE WAY THAT THEY ARE MADE YOU #^%^&*$^( IDIOT!!!!!!

And the ones that leave negative feedback never seem to have a phone number listed.....

kt23
01-13-2012, 06:39 PM
i got bad feedback because i made alot on shipping. i charged him $15 and actual was $11 wow i got rich. He exact comment was "he made alot on shipping" i could have beat his eyes out.!!!

dquarton
01-13-2012, 06:45 PM
And naturally the guy has not responded back to me. Always seems to be the newbies that do this sort of crap. Oh, but wait, I am sure that I can call ebay customer service, and a nice East Indian fellow whom I can barely understand, will be more than willing to waste my time and REALLY piss me off.......ebay really needs a competitor to get them off their high horse.

DoonRider
01-13-2012, 07:07 PM
I had an auction end on Thanksgiving (bad idea because I couldn't ship UPS until Monday) and the guy left me bad feedback because he said he sold his quad before he got the seatcover so my shipping was slow.
I'm not a preferred seller or anything, just do it for fun, but I like my 100% positive feedback rating.

dquarton
01-13-2012, 07:20 PM
I realize that occasionally bad feedback is going to happen no matter what. But when it comes from a complete IDIOT who has no idea what he is talking about it really pisses me off. And EBAY will do nothing about it. I love that people selling used parts are rated under the 5 star system the same way someone selling NEW items are. Not really too hard to describe a new cell phone case or a new camera. It is near impossible for me to maintain the requirements to be a "top rated seller" and get my 20% discount on fees when I have jackasses like this buying from me.

skyeryder
Sold a guy a CDI for a 300ex off a running quad(he was having electrical problems) my CDI didn't fix his quad, I offered to buy it back, nope he gave me bad feedback, love ebay

kt23
believe it or not - i do it to help poeple out. I price stuff reasonable to help pay for my hobby. Not trying to get rich - just get some cash out of my left overs and pass it on.

skyeryder
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by kt23
i got bad feedback because i made alot on shipping. i charged him $15 and actual was $11 wow i got rich. He exact comment was "he made alot on shipping" i could have beat his eyes out.!!!
You would think he would have figured that into his total price paid

etccb
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
HELLO EVERYONE! NOW HEAR THIS!
Anything skat trac could say no telling what on the sidewall. It is a off the wall tire that they may use to start with. To be frank the less big name the better after they get through with it.
HELLO!!!
McFly!!!!!!!
Do your own research before you throw someone under the bus.
OK. I am alright. The buyer will probably never read this.
Good luck dquarton.

sangheraent
01-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by dquarton
And naturally the guy has not responded back to me. Always seems to be the newbies that do this sort of crap. Oh, but wait, I am sure that I can call ebay customer service, and a nice East Indian fellow whom I can barely understand, will be more than willing to waste my time and REALLY piss me off.......ebay really needs a competitor to get them off their high horse.
Please please lets not bring my relatives into this.lol

red88r
01-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I think you should let us have a crack at those 250R parts before you list them on fleabay......bet you won't have any problems on here-just saying.:D

dquarton
01-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by sangheraent
Please please lets not bring my relatives into this.lol

LOL.....did not mean to sound like a biggot. My ex was from east india.....

dabeechman
01-14-2012, 01:32 AM
The ***** out the whole thing is you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer. I have had 2 people in the last 3 weeks NOT pay for the item they bid on.

All you can do is get your ebay fees back and they keep their 100% feedback.

Now if that ain't some chit...

HAYESTRX250R
01-14-2012, 11:28 PM
If it makes you feel better, your listings give me hope that I will find quality parts as I complete my build LOL. Each new offering is like a new magazine subscription arriving in the mailbox. Every purchase to this point has been A+.

trx250r1
01-15-2012, 08:40 AM
This is some funny "****E!"

dquarton
01-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by HAYESTRX250R
If it makes you feel better, your listings give me hope that I will find quality parts as I complete my build LOL. Each new offering is like a new magazine subscription arriving in the mailbox. Every purchase to this point has been A+.

Well thank you vary much! I really appreciate that. Obviously I need to make a buck doing this, but at the same time I like to think I am helping folks find some good parts, and keeping these bikes running. We have a ton of these bikes in CA, and a lot of them are sitting collecting dust and rust.

hawaiiysr
01-15-2012, 07:25 PM
i live in hawaii and i always have to deal with shipping issues. not so much from 250R forum guys. most of you guys are willing to help me out. shipping calculators always give crazy shipping quotes that are never correct. best way to get a correct quote is to go down to the post office and ask. its a pain i know but its the best way. if you have something i want im more then willing to pay for the shipping, so long as i'm not getting ripped on shipping charges. people think just because i live in hawaii shipping will be crazy. its not always the case. i do it all the time on items that do not fit in flat rate boxes. its fair to the buyer. this is what i delt with recently.

i won this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180786391767?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
shipping is stated at $20 standard shipping. usps partial post for im assume.
seller sent me a message:
Do you want to work with me on splitting the extra shipping? The cheapest I've found is $46. I'd like to complete the transaction but I don't intend to pay $46 to ship a 30 lb set of tires. After ebay and paypal fees, I'd net $70. I know it says US shipping but shipping to HI is equivalent to shipping Int'l when it comes to cost.
my reply:
Sure ill gladly split the shipping cost of $46. Is that through us postal? So $23 + the auction price correct? Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
seller:
When I set the price + shipping, I intended to net a minimum of $90 after all fees. I' d need $150 to ship them to HI to net $85. If you'd rather cancel the transaction, I could get you the eBay seller who I bought the tires from. I apologize for any inconvenience....I just didn't plan to have to ship them across an ocean. Not trying to gouge more $ out of you...just trying not to give the tires away.
my reply:
telling me how much you planed to net is not something you should share with a customer. I'll pay you the extra funds you planed to net. However I expect to see my tires sooner then later. (i then request a invoice through ebay because PP nor ebay will allow me to add more funds to the auction price)
my reply:
Send me an invoice for $150 and ill have it out today. Paypal will not let me add funds to the existing invoice.
seller:
You will need to add a shipping address to your paypal for ups or FedEx. I will only ship to the address PayPal tells me to. If ups or FedEx won't deliver to po boxes, I will need a physical address.

i have a PO as my address through PP. i then ask how he was going to ship the tires because the address i give depends on the shipper.

here is his response:
topshelfracing1 recently opened a cancel transaction case for an item you recently purchased: New 18x11-8 Tires DS450 450r 400ex ltr450 kfx450 z400 dvx kfx ltz 400 yfz450 .

Reason for cancel transaction request: Buyer requested shipment to a country I don't ship to

Click the "Respond now" button to accept or decline this cancellation.

If you don't take action by Jan-15-2012, the seller will be able to cancel the purchase without your consent.

i requested an invoice and said i would pay what he was asking.
"Buyer requested shipment to a country I don't ship to"
i live in the same country as you $#!T head! i have a 100% feed back rating.

anyone got some 8x18 MX tires for sale?

DnB_racing
01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
i live in hawaii and i always have to deal with shipping issues. not so much from 250R forum guys. most of you guys are willing to help me out. shipping calculators always give crazy shipping quotes that are never correct. best way to get a correct quote is to go down to the post office and ask. its a pain i know but its the best way. if you have something i want im more then willing to pay for the shipping, so long as i'm not getting ripped on shipping charges. people think just because i live in hawaii shipping will be crazy. its not always the case. i do it all the time on items that do not fit in flat rate boxes. its fair to the buyer. this is what i delt with recently.

i won this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180786391767?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
shipping is stated at $20 standard shipping. usps partial post for im assume.
seller sent me a message:
Do you want to work with me on splitting the extra shipping? The cheapest I've found is $46. I'd like to complete the transaction but I don't intend to pay $46 to ship a 30 lb set of tires. After ebay and paypal fees, I'd net $70. I know it says US shipping but shipping to HI is equivalent to shipping Int'l when it comes to cost.
my reply:
Sure ill gladly split the shipping cost of $46. Is that through us postal? So $23 + the auction price correct? Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
seller:
When I set the price + shipping, I intended to net a minimum of $90 after all fees. I' d need $150 to ship them to HI to net $85. If you'd rather cancel the transaction, I could get you the eBay seller who I bought the tires from. I apologize for any inconvenience....I just didn't plan to have to ship them across an ocean. Not trying to gouge more $ out of you...just trying not to give the tires away.
my reply:
telling me how much you planed to net is not something you should share with a customer. I'll pay you the extra funds you planed to net. However I expect to see my tires sooner then later. (i then request a invoice through ebay because PP nor ebay will allow me to add more funds to the auction price)
my reply:
Send me an invoice for $150 and ill have it out today. Paypal will not let me add funds to the existing invoice.
seller:
You will need to add a shipping address to your paypal for ups or FedEx. I will only ship to the address PayPal tells me to. If ups or FedEx won't deliver to po boxes, I will need a physical address.

i have a PO as my address through PP. i then ask how he was going to ship the tires because the address i give depends on the shipper.

here is his response:
topshelfracing1 recently opened a cancel transaction case for an item you recently purchased: New 18x11-8 Tires DS450 450r 400ex ltr450 kfx450 z400 dvx kfx ltz 400 yfz450 .

Reason for cancel transaction request: Buyer requested shipment to a country I don't ship to

Click the "Respond now" button to accept or decline this cancellation.

If you don't take action by Jan-15-2012, the seller will be able to cancel the purchase without your consent.

i requested an invoice and said i would pay what he was asking.
"Buyer requested shipment to a country I don't ship to"
i live in the same country as you $#!T head! i have a 100% feed back rating.

anyone got some 8x18 MX tires for sale? being that you live in Hawaii you should always check prior to bidding the actual shipping price , it would eliminate any problems before they arise...he seamed reasonable and it sounded like he was trying to work with you

hawaiiysr
01-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I think I was being more then reasonable. I said I would pay what he wanted. Living where I do I understand I'm going to shell out abit more. And I stated I would pay what he asked.

I don't live in a different country as his excuse states. I live in the 50th state of the UNITED STATES.

Burns310r
01-16-2012, 05:59 AM
You are correct you are part of the 50 states.

But you are missing the point. Shipping cost is the same to ship to you as international.

The guy seamed resonable. He made a mistake and didnt consider the fact that he would have to pay that much to ship over a body of water.

I dont blame him for not wanting to loose money on the deal, or not make enough to make it worth selling.

hawaiiysr
01-16-2012, 12:20 PM
My point is that he asked for more $ twice. And I agreed to pay what he was asking twice. In the end he cancelled it. That's punk if you ask me. If it happened to any of you regardless of where the item is being shipped to, you would feel the same way I do.

Not trying to start an argument as this is the 1st time this has happened to me. Just wanted to share what happened to me. If I want something ill pay.

Have a great days guys.

dquarton
01-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I am almost always able to ship items to Hawaii USPS parcel post for the same price as I ship anywhere on the mainland.

DoonRider
01-16-2012, 01:07 PM
UPS, who I primarily use, charges quite a bit more to ship offshore.
I had a situation where the winner of my fender auction wanted me to ship to Puerto Rico for the same price as the lower 48 (because that was what USPS did). A $50 shipping deal turned into a $300 deal. He said he would pay the $300, but I decided to cancel the transaction because once the fenders are over there and if he "decides" he is not happy with them, he pretty much has me by the b@lls. In the states, at least I could tell a buyer to ship them back.

On the other hand to keep a buyer in Hawaii happy, I paid $96 in shipping and only charged him $17.50 as was shown in my auction. I figured that was a lesson learned.

I'll work with a buyer, but I prefer to work out the details before he wins the auction.

I wish I was in Hawaii, even if I did have shipping problems.:cool: :cool:

dquarton
01-18-2012, 10:59 AM
I received a neutral feedback recently for a carb that I sold that was literally in perfect condition. I even replaced the vent lines. I messaged the buyer as to what the problem was, and tells me that the carburetor was "dirty on the inside". I explain to him that I have no control of how dirty a part might be on the 'inside'. The best part in all of this was when he asked a couple days later if "I could help him out" with a part that I had listed that he apparently really wanted. I politely let him know that I had helped him out by permanently BLOCKING him from ever buying anything from me again. I guess that fact that his ebay username was "Zukiking" says it all.....

dhsmustang
01-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Any one ever deal with possum-0607? He had a brand new blue Maier hood listed, but he didn't have any pictures of the actual hood. Instead, he has a small blue image in the auction and told me it matched that color exactly. :confused:

I politely messaged him and asked if he could send a picture because I wanted to see how the color compares with stock. He replied with "Sorry, I don't have a camera," even though all of his other auctions have pictures of the items he was selling. After I pointed this out, I received another message telling me to go fly a kite. LOL good way to lose money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAIER-86-89-TRX250R-HOOD-WITHOUT-HEADLIGHT-509696-/140538861154?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5702160396447758829#ht_147 1wt_905

dquarton
01-18-2012, 08:50 PM
So, the guy who bought the Skat Trak tires finally got back to me today and admitted he was wrong and agreed to revise the feedback. My faith in humanity has been restored. =)

Jesse1980
01-20-2012, 11:34 AM
BRING IT ON

fastrnrik
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
LOL small world

DoonRider
01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Ha -I figured that might happen.

dhsmustang
01-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Seriously, $4 is "a lot" to make on shipping?

kt23
01-20-2012, 09:08 PM
$4 barely gets u lunch at a fast food place.

2-330s
01-20-2012, 10:07 PM

lol these things crack me up!!! your time and packaging are worth nothing!!! i guess next time you could throw the addy on the part not package it and send it. i wonder what it would look like when it got there?:devil:

Jesse1980
01-20-2012, 10:23 PM
E-bay really is a horrible place to buy things from. I have bought some nice things from some nice people there but like us all I also got screwed there many times too. I really cant remember allot of things because I have not bought from there in awhile but this one time I bought an axle nut for $5 and it was $20 on shipping and clearly it said on the package it was $5 to ship. Now imagine doing that 50 times and tell me no one makes a bunch money off of shipping. Or when someone sends you an empty envelope that looks like it got ran over by a truck or you don't get it at all! Then the seller just wants to argue with you for a week and you don't hear from him again, until you leave them bad feedback then they want to know why? But I guess this is how some people make there living, but I don’t. I’m here to build 250r’s, ride 250r’s and have a great time with all my friends. I never talk about “beating peoples eyes out”. Just my 2 cents

dhsmustang
01-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Jesse1980
this one time I bought an axle nut for $5 and it was $20 on shipping and clearly it said on the package it was $5 to ship. Now imagine doing that 50 times and tell me no one makes a bunch money off of shipping

You have to remember that you really only receive about 80-85% of what your auction sells for. The rest goes to eBay and Paypal. Then you have to factor in the actual cost of shipping.

Imagine selling axle nuts for $5 with $5 shipping 50 times over. That's a good way to go broke, and make eBay and Paypal rich!

DnB_racing
01-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by dhsmustang
You have to remember that you really only receive about 80-85% of what your auction sells for. The rest goes to eBay and Paypal. Then you have to factor in the actual cost of shipping.

Imagine selling axle nuts for $5 with $5 shipping 50 times over. That's a good way to go broke, and make eBay and Paypal rich! then charge 10 dollars for axle nuts

but shipping charges are for shipping and packing material. not to cover paypal charges,
price the parts accordingly to your profit expectations, if your tying to make up on shipping that's kinda being dishonest in my opinion,

I would rather know im spending the money on the parts and charges, and pay actual cost of shipping with packing,

if I see over priced shipping charges I wont bid, I would rather pay 25 dollars for a part and 10 for shipping, then 20 for the part and 15 for shipping, even tho its still the same price, I feel like at least im not being tricked,

but dquarton doesn't have to worry about any of this his shipping is very reasonable, I just cant afford to bid on many of his parts, he has a very loyal group of customers that make more money then me, lol

I wish I could afford more of his parts, everything I get from him are in mint condition, buy sadly I can only afford the smaller items,

Jesse1980
01-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks DNB

timmersam
01-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
then charge 10 dollars for axle nuts

but shipping charges are for shipping and packing material. not to cover paypal charges,
price the parts accordingly to your profit expectations, if your tying to make up on shipping that's kinda being dishonest in my opinion,

Agreed.