PDA

View Full Version : Busco Beach Ride-Presidents Day weekend

Pappy
01-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Several members are wanting to try and get a ride going for this Presidents Day weekend at the Busco Beach riding area in NC,

http://www.buscobeach.com/

Feb 18th,19th & 20th are the weekend dates

Entry and camping fees are incredibly low and its a great place to ride especially for those that are coming from the north.

If you are interested, please post here so we can see how many folks we can get together. I know of 8-10 already that will be heading there.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Can't wait

We just picked up a used camper for the pick up truck just for this weekend.

We have six confirmed (2 just backed out)
3 pairs 2 campsites one pair is staying @ the Holiday Inn in Goldsboro ( 5 minute drive $99 a night)

Like Pappy said this place is incredibly cheap. $15 a day to ride and $5 a night for a primitive camp site (just water & electric) and $25 or $35 ((2 people included)for full hook ups.

They have over 1800 acres of trails and tracks to enjoy.

Most of the links on their home page don't work, click on the contact us here on the left hand side and use the drop downs for fees, facilities and picture gallery.

I'm really looking forward to riding with a lot of you all and I can't wait to smoke Pappy's stock 400 on the drag strip

:devil:

come on CJM get your boys lined up and get signed up.

AVG temp for Goldsboro, NC for February:
AVG HI 58
AVG LOW 34
RECORD HI 88
RECORD LOW 11

01-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Busco beach is awesome! Ill try to get some of the guys from around here to go there with me.

CJM
01-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Gonna work on it! It better be warm there like you say tom.. cause its DAMN cold here even in Feb..

OldGuyonaQuad
01-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Well it gets cold at night so bring your long johns and an electric blanket. I'm sure we'll have a camp fire at night. If we get a good turn out maybe we can make this an annual or bi-annual event at different locations.

CJM
01-14-2012, 07:34 AM
I might stay at a hotel lol..but dang worries me about the quads since I dont have an enclosed trailer...

OldGuyonaQuad
01-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Yea I know, they told my brother in law that if he left the quads on our camp site he didn't have to register every day. It's no difference in price you just have to fill out the waiver each day I guess.

We don't have an enclosed trailer (well Ron does but he's putting bunks in it and sleeping there) so we are just going to put the heavy duty chains on them.

I fell you though after having one stolen from me I wouldn't want to leave my machine in a parking lot or someone else's camp site but you are more then welcome to chain up on my site if need be. We'll work womething out.

Did I mention it's 24/7? Yep night riding too!!

CJM
01-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Interesting about 24/7. Ill have to install some brighter lights lol.

As for chaining them up, wonder if we were to stay at a local hotel if we could get them to let us just sign a waiver daily or something? Im not leaving my stuff without being able to see them.

Anyways we will work it out, I have 2 interested parties so far.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Site layout

http://buscobeach.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3ch9dutr88arj0dj9ag2o92nt4&topic=10696.0

pmg8134
01-15-2012, 03:07 PM
it`s a blast, anything goes once your in the gate with helmets on. after that it`s up to you to keep yourself out of trouble. keep your head up at night it can get a little wild late night, especially over a holiday weekend. i would definately keep your stuff chained up if your not riding, not so much at "the beach" but if you leave there to a hotel for sure( not so sure how close a hotel is though, your pretty much out in the cut)besides that, there`s not to much to worry about! Enjoy!!!

lonnie1977
01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Was there in November and place is super cheap and riding 24 hours is great. People were super friendly. CJM quads should be safe. Ours were out all weekend right on the beach but could be different on a holiday weekend.

Out in the woods watch out for the water areas on the trails. Can be riding along and drop you quad in 2 ft ruts under water. Alot of mudders ride there and really rut up the mudholes. If you have 22" tires run em in the trails especially if its been rainy. Make sure you sample some of the local shine.

Wish I could go.

CJM
01-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Yea it sounds like a heck of a trip Lonnie. Glad you got to get out and give us a small after action report.

My only gripe is the place is 8 hours down 95 from my house lol.. But Im sure Ill figure something out. Not sure where were gonna stay yet, staying there is an option but I dont really want to stay in a tent and we dont have a camper..

lonnie1977
01-15-2012, 05:07 PM
I slept in my truck and my buddy slept in his trailer. It was COLD but thats what the shine was for. LOL We also had good sleeping bags. Wish I could go but Im heading back down the weekend of May 18. If any thing changes I'll go. Got a new enclosed 14X7 v nose this winter and dieing to take it on a trip. I dont remeber any hotels but it's not that far out there. Should be something.

CJM
01-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Yea, Im thinking even in the truck its gonna be cold. probably will sleep at a hotel and chain the crap out of the things.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Lonnie thanks for the info and sorry you can't go. I was going to ask Marc to reach out to you.

Marc if you have two other guys going thats a buck a piece for the Holiday Inn (w/cont breakfast) and I bet the Days Inn is even cheaper otherwise find someone with a old army tent. I can lend you a nice electric heater if you don't have one.

CJM
01-15-2012, 06:05 PM
We will figure something out more than likely. I just checked a few hotels and its only about 100/night. Divvy that up between 3 or 4 people and it aint bad at all.

trailrider894
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
If you riding a dirt bike, just walk it into your hotel room... I usually go to motels, then rent bottom floor rooms... Walk all my gear and bike into the room.

CJM
01-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Yea not riding a bike here lol..

OldGuyonaQuad
01-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
If you riding a dirt bike, just walk it into your hotel room... I usually go to motels, then rent bottom floor rooms... Walk all my gear and bike into the room.

I hope you don't smoke in the room too :D

trailrider894
01-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
I hope you don't smoke in the room too :D

Nope military police officer, so i'm 100% law abiding... No policly against taking dirt bike's into motel rooms??? I'd think they would rather have bikes than hookers....

quad2xtreme
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Bummer, could have made any weekend but this one. I'll be at NCMP for the single race event they are hosting this year.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Nope military police officer, so i'm 100% law abiding..

My brother in law did a tour as an MP. Came back and got hired with several offers. Prior to serving he attended the academy twice and not one offer. GL and TY

Quad 2x sorry you can't make it. We picked this weekend for the extra day back in Sept.

hocman123
01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
how well does 2 wheel sport quads get around down there. all the videos i see are 4wheels hitting some major deep mud and water ???

Family Guy
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
hocman123 its actually got plenty of riding for sport quads. I ride a sport quad and ride there a handful of times every year. Gonna try to make it down for a day that weekend but not sure yet. I deploy the following week.

jrspawn
01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Hmmmm.... This sounds like a great way to dust the Cobb webs off the rhino:devil:

Anyone know if the width of the trails ate wide enough for a long travel rhino?

Any rules to the night riding? Or is it just run as long, wherever, and however you want? I've been dying to try out my big hid light bar during a night ride.

I think I may be game for a couple days there!

Pappy
01-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Trails are plenty wide..tons of wide open sand areas as well.

Rules are common sense and slow in camping areas day or night.

Right now I am doing all I can to be there. I am hoping to get some GNCC guys there for some photoshoots before the season starts etc. I am also trying to get together a group to go down to ride but with the piss poor economy its tuff for folks ....me included. This place sure is a blast.....would really like to hang out there for a few days!

http://www.atvriders.com/articles/busco-beach-2011-atv-sxs-riding-camping-park-review.html

BlasterEaten250
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
That looks like a really fun to place to ride and camp!

CJM
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Still working on this, have 3 maybes currently.

Probably going to stay at the country inn/suites in goldsboro. After checking on buscos forums people said they offer a well lit parking lot and have security. I like camping too, but Id like to sleep in a bed.

Hopefully it all works out..

OldGuyonaQuad
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Still working on this, have 3 maybes currently.

Probably going to stay at the country inn/suites in goldsboro. After checking on buscos forums people said they offer a well lit parking lot and have security. I like camping too, but Id like to sleep in a bed.

Hopefully it all works out..

Sounds to me like it's all worked out you're just not sure how many are coming right? :D fingers crossed for ya

quad2xtreme
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Actually I may be able to make it Saturday. Don't think I am needed for scoring races for the ATVs on Saturday.

Pappy
01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Would love to see you and the wife make it jon!

TWISTED
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll be there!!!!!!!!

OldGuyonaQuad
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
I'll be there!!!!!!!!

cool cool this trip is starting to take shape. I can't wait to be left in a cloud of dust by you all :D

Pappy
01-19-2012, 04:33 AM
I reckon i can get some practice in before the season starts, so save some clean rides for some shoots....cant wait to shoot that sand!

OldGuyonaQuad
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Get em tuned and lubed boys.
tomorrow:
replace chain & sprocket
change brake pads
oil change
Fix carb, float sticks and leaks gas
Charge battery & check charging system

CJM
01-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Sadly it seems I cant go. Everyone has bailed on me. They cite the area doesnt look to much fun (like giant groomed trails and too much mud), trips too much $, cant get off work, etc. As for me, my truck needs too much work to be road worthy to go 8+ hours. Plus I could save the money for things-like to fix my truck lol. Things like rear axle, timing belt, full tune up and such come to mind right now.

As it stands right now Im out. Hate to do it cause I really wanted to meet Pappy and Cody face to face-but such as life.

Got a hatfield-mccoy trip possibly in the works for the spring tho that anyone is welcome to join in on.

On the bright side, paint is cheap and I think ill break down the 400 and give it a nice epoxy based paint job and some new swingarm bearings.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-22-2012, 07:43 AM
That sucks Marc, we would really like to see you there. If we were taking my truck I would invite you to ride along with us. Even though it's a quad cab it's the short bed so the camper won't fit. My brothers truck is just an extended cab, that would be a long seven hour ride for ya.

Too bad you can't make it, my brother in law is now renting an RV so my sister and niece are going too. I think me niece is about your age and she is beautiful and single I was going to introduce you. ;)

As for the site and it's terrain. I saw the same thing until I youtubed some videos. Once you get through all the mudders vids there are some nice trails. The same could be said for the H/Mc vids too. I know it's much bigger (and further away) but after getting my *** kicked on some of the trails at H/Mc I almost welcome a few groomed trails.

On a side note, did things cool down up there?

CJM
01-22-2012, 09:42 AM
it is what it is Tom. I really wanted to go, but my friend would be driving and just doesnt want to do want it seems. things can can change so IDK for sure tho.

I think Im better off saving the cash, my pick up really needs the attention lol, that back axle has had a leak due to an oblonged tube for oh 5 years now..time to fix it.

TWISTED
01-22-2012, 05:10 PM
That sucks Marc, we would really like to see you there. If we were taking my truck I would invite you to ride along with us. Even though it's a quad cab it's the short bed so the camper won't fit. My brothers truck is just an extended cab, that would be a long seven hour ride for ya.

Too bad you can't make it, my brother in law is now renting an RV so my sister and niece are going too. I think me niece is about your age and she is beautiful and single I was going to introduce you. ;)

As for the site and it's terrain. I saw the same thing until I youtubed some videos. Once you get through all the mudders vids there are some nice trails. The same could be said for the H/Mc vids too. I know it's much bigger (and further away) but after getting my *** kicked on some of the trails at H/Mc I almost welcome a few groomed trails.

On a side note, did things cool down up there?

Don't let the youtube stuff fool you... I thought the same thing, an I called and they told me there was some kind of riding for everybody and all different machines... The place is AWESOME!!!!!!! Looking forward to hanging out with everybody!!!!

CJM
01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Don't let the youtube stuff fool you... I thought the same thing, an I called and they told me there was some kind of riding for everybody and all different machines... The place is AWESOME!!!!!!! Looking forward to hanging out with everybody!!!!

Gonna try and convince my friends...we shall see..

In all honesty I kinda do agree with my friends tho, we prefer windy, twisty 1 lane woods trails.

lonnie1977
01-22-2012, 05:52 PM
I agree with TWISTED. They have a MX track with all tables. A kids track and assorted tracks that are made up throught the property. I likes the oval track with the slow rolling jumps ust out side the woods. 1800 acres doesnt seem like much but in 2 days we barely covers half of it. Riding for every one there. I can't wait till my May trip down there. Not something to be missed. Plus the regualars/ locals are great people. Terry (? bad with names) who works there was great to hang out with. Showed us around at night.

lonnie1977
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Marc your friends shouldn't be dissappointed. Its like a big pit with woods all around to ride in. I hear ya on the 8 hour ride but you can ride all night also. I would love to make the trip next month but my pitbike is in pieces and Im a fair weather rider. Not a fan of the cold. Your more then welcome to join us on our May trip but ot will mostly be couples. Besides I think you have a hook up already on this trip!

Originally posted by CJM
Gonna try and convince my friends...we shall see..

In all honesty I kinda do agree with my friends tho, we prefer windy, twisty 1 lane woods trails.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
If you like windy and twisty you will love rockhouse @ H/Mc Marc

Anyway it looks like they have trails like the link below that go all the way around the facility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9GOhrJjv0

lil joe goes down, always wondered what happend to him after bonanza

Some decent rail riding in this one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ48fJCPXT4

CJM
01-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Well shall have to see, I hate driving b/c thats all I do for work lol. Im in a truck 12/hrs a day at least 3 days a week lol..

Im gonna try and convince my buddies, but if we dont make it out now hatfield is spring break maybe or perhaps sometime in april/may and then maybe I can convince them for busco later on.

Im not a huge fan of the cold and this year its FREEZING-even down south imho vs last year where yea it was cold but then we had tons of snow and april rolled around and was pretty mild.

OldGuyonaQuad
01-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey Sally, it's going to be 68 in Goldsboro tomorrow :D.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNC0271:1:US?role=

You do know it's going to take you 11-12 hours to get to H/Mc right?

anyway keep working on your friends.

CJM
01-23-2012, 08:46 PM

We shall see if Im even ready Tom. I just started teardown to paint the frame :p

Ill work on my friends, Im sure Ill have the quad done or at least ride ready before then anyways.

hocman123
01-23-2012, 08:56 PM

11-12 hours i did it in about 6.5 hours with 3 people in a toyota rav 4 towing a big trailer with 3 quads. sure we left in like 3 in the mornying but we got well past baltimore before the big traffic hit

OldGuyonaQuad
01-23-2012, 08:58 PM
when you get a chance go to google maps and check the address below. Besides all the tracks jumps ovals there are a ton of trails on the right hand side.

1243 Bryan Blvd.
Goldsboro, NC 27530

OldGuyonaQuad
01-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Marc, here are some more vids. The first one shows some nice riding on the right hand side of the property I was telling you about. They even have a trail going through a vacated barn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXTiiIU-dyA

No shirt, no shoes so why wear helmets?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIpC3vurD_M

This might be my favorite, I watched to the end convinced that one of these girls would break an ankle. Turns out the most dangerouse part was the high five at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAsrNwcujIg

More trails, just go through the mud already...that's why you need four wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXfO3X_CRXI

I hope you are having better luck with your frinds. I know you want to make it, I'd hate to see you all miss out of over some misconceptions about the facility.

CJM
01-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Still trying, but I doubt its gonna matter. My one friends made up his mind he dont want to go right now.

mineralgrey01gt
01-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Why cant louisiana have something nice like this to ride at. This state sucks for riding

OldGuyonaQuad
01-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Marc,
My brother and I are now going to look at used RV's. If we buy one you are more then welcome to borrow our camper. You need a long bed pick up.

Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
Why cant louisiana have something nice like this to ride at. This state sucks for riding

Yea us too mineral, that's why we are driving 7 hours from NJ to NC. ;)

CJM
01-29-2012, 12:33 PM
My pick ups only 6ft long lol..dont know anyone with a 8ft. Ill work something out if I can lol..

OldGuyonaQuad
01-29-2012, 06:47 PM
^^ You need a 7' bed and HD springs.

CJM
01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
^^ You need a 7' bed and HD springs. Darn, my beds 6.5 ft if I remove the toolbox.

I doubt Ill be going, bikes torn down-but ya never know. Im going to get a hatfield trip setup for sometime during spring break maybe and perhaps persuade my buddies to do the busco trip this summer.

Shame Ill miss Pappy and Cody tho..

Pappy
01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Hell, rent a ride there. I doubt Cody will go, he has work and he may know more of his schedule for boot camp by then....

It will probably be the wife and I and I will just grab something they have there to scoot around on, the hell with hauling a rig LOL

CJM
01-31-2012, 08:47 PM
If the quads finished by that time Ken.

Still need to send off my rear shock to be redone and get my XC link.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CJM
If the quads finished by that time Ken.

Still need to send off my rear shock to be redone and get my XC link.

Yea we should have given you more advance notice :P

Looks like we will be taking the camper now after all :( . We can't seam to find anything (in our price range)that would be ready in time for the 1600 mile round trip & everyone has an excuse why you can't test drive it. I've never once purchased any type of vehicle without test driving it and I've never returned a vehicle that I purchased.

Sure hope mother nature doesn't dump on us during our trip for having taken these two (this week and next)winter weeks off.

Originally posted by Pappy
Hell, rent a ride there. I doubt Cody will go, he has work and he may know more of his schedule for boot camp by then.

It will probably be the wife and I and I will just grab something they have there to scoot around on, the hell with hauling a rig LOL

Aaaw I was so looking forward to checking out your "stock" 400EX ;) It would be nice not to have to lug a trailer around but all day rentals for 2 or 3 days can get kinda pricey.

CJM
02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I tried and tried and tried convincing Tom..they just dont want to go it seems. I think the cost and the time of year is bad right now. If it were warmer (like 70+ nights) and everyone had a bit more cash then I bet it would work..

There will be a next time, think this summer Im gonna force them to go.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM
No worries Marc, you said from the outset you would try. We all know you want to be there. I'm sure we will have plenty of photos and videos to share. I have a nice camera and my brother is bringing his gopro and I hear Pappy has a camera or two.

CJM
02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Yea such as the way it goes Tom.

Nice thing is Ill work doubles that weekend so I can earn extra cash.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Well guys it's only a couple of days away. We picked up a motor home Friday night so this will be it'smaiden voyage for us.

Marc, is you wanted I could work something out where you could go with us now that we have the room. I would need to borrow a trailer that would haul 3 quads (unless you have access). I know you wanted to go and I like riding with you that much but at the same time I don't know if the situation was reveresed if I would take you up on it. It might be bit awkward going away for 4 days with basically complete strangers but the offer is out there. Wait until you see the deal we got on this motor home. I will post pics later.

Pappy Twisted & quad2extreme, are you guys still planning on going? The weather reports have been back and forth with chances of rain for Sat & Sun, which would really suck. We might leave Thursday night so we can get good day riding in Friday just in case we get washed out on one or both of the other days.

If you guys aren't going I might consider other options with better weather reports, but again if you guys are going I am still coming.

quad2xtreme
02-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Well guys it's only a couple of days away. We picked up a motor home Friday night so this will be it'smaiden voyage for us.

Marc, is you wanted I could work something out where you could go with us now that we have the room. I would need to borrow a trailer that would haul 3 quads (unless you have access). I know you wanted to go and I like riding with you that much but at the same time I don't know if the situation was reveresed if I would take you up on it. It might be bit awkward going away for 4 days with basically complete strangers but the offer is out there. Wait until you see the deal we got on this motor home. I will post pics later.

Pappy Twisted & quad2extreme, are you guys still planning on going? The weather reports have been back and forth with chances of rain for Sat & Sun, which would really suck. We might leave Thursday night so we can get good day riding in Friday just in case we get washed out on one or both of the other days.

If you guys aren't going I might consider other options with better weather reports, but again if you guys are going I am still coming.

I'm contingent on Pappy. I definitely won't be there Sunday because I am scoring bike races races at NCMP. They need my help Saturday too but if Pappy comes with my powdercoated stuff then I will come to Busco on Saturday. I live here so honestly other weekends work better for me if you end up changing plans. Monday is not a holiday for me. :(

CJM
02-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Tom, my quads still apart. Waiting on GT Thunder clutch kit to arrive.

i would love to have gone, but yea that does sound a bit awkward lol.

There will be a next time, trust me.Planning on doing a hatfield-mc coy run either spring break or in late may/june.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Yea like I said Marc, given the same suituation reversed I would probably pass too.

quad2 hopefully Ken is still in and the weather is flooping back atm to nice on Saturday high of 61 low of 42 with a 10% chance of rain but sunday is still projecting a 60% chance of showers. It looks like we are coming there regardless so hopefully we see you there. We have a 32' Mallard sprinter motorhome with a 2008 black/white 400ex and a 2006 black 400ex. We will be riding with two guys on dirt bikes one being a Blue Yamaha 250 YZF 9not sure waht the other bike is) but if Ken s going I will pm you both my cell #.

bigH
02-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Is there a mx track there?

quad2xtreme
02-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bigH
Is there a mx track there?

There is but I am not sure how good it is. An SX track was recently built too but you can't ride it. It is only for the SX series running between NCMP and Busco.

CJM
02-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Dont forget to tighten your shifter down Tom! :D

Pappy
02-15-2012, 04:52 AM
I hate to bail on this but I have no real choice. My youngest son Ryan has developed a hole in the membrane over his ear drum and its been leaking fluid for days. If it wont heal with antibiotics he will have to have surgery so I best stay home:( I would have posted yesterday but the state wiped out our internet when they were plowing the road.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-15-2012, 06:11 AM
No worries Ken, you take care of your little guy and we will see you on the trails once things warm up. Maybe we can try and line up a Trevorton trip in April or May. I hope all goes well with the surgery.

Pappy
02-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Hopefully there will be no surgery....he has missed a week of school due to the draining....crazy that amount of stuff comes out. It is barely seeping today so fingers crossed.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Hopefully there will be no surgery....he has missed a week of school due to the draining....crazy that amount of stuff comes out. It is barely seeping today so fingers crossed.

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like the anitbiotics are working if the seepage is decreasing. I hope that's the case and you all avoid any procedures.

Marc thanks for the reminder about the shifter. I would like to go back to H/Mc but spring might be too soon for me. They have a huge event in October that we might go back for.

I will post some pics and youtube vids when we get back.

CJM
02-15-2012, 09:20 PM
GL with your son Ken. Hope everything works itself out.

@Tom:

I hear ya, I probably will be going in june if anything. Not to hot, not to cold and not at the height of the summer seasons.

STILL waiting on my GT Thunder clutch kit. Also, after riding my buddies hi-comp and stage 2 hotcam 05 450r Im sooo itching for one. Ugh..but I wanted two quads incase one breaks lol.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by CJM
GL with your son Ken. Hope everything works itself out.

@Tom:

I hear ya, I probably will be going in june if anything. Not to hot, not to cold and not at the height of the summer seasons.

STILL waiting on my GT Thunder clutch kit. Also, after riding my buddies hi-comp and stage 2 hotcam 05 450r Im sooo itching for one. Ugh..but I wanted two quads incase one breaks lol.

Last June we roasted our butts off, I was suprised to see what the averages were in WV for Oct.

All packed up and ready to roll, I'm gonna go get 3 hours sleep then we are hitting the road. I will post you up on what you missed.

lonnie1977
02-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Well how was the trip????

OldGuyonaQuad
02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by lonnie1977
Well how was the trip????

It was OK, it would have been a lot better had it not rained Saturday night and most of the day Sunday. That's not sand down there either, it's clay and it's no fun once you add water to it.

The facilty and the people were awesome though. It's a great place for racers or families or especially families that race. I would imagine that place is insane on weekends in the summer.

We got some nice rides in Saturday and I actually got air on the kiddie track ;).

I would go back again but it's not going to be my next trip (or 2 or 3). I would be inclined to go back to WV or look into some east coast sand dunes that include some decent trail riding.

We are looking at that spring fling thing (like how I did that?) in Scranton on 4/29.

lonnie1977
02-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad weather. When I was there it had rained the day before. We would have to clean off the lights every so often on night rides. Mud would build up real thick on the bikes. I just stopped by the wash station often.

Scro
02-27-2012, 06:49 PM

Prayers for Ryan. Hope he gets better soon.

Pappy
02-28-2012, 05:06 AM
Does suck about the weather. Worked out on our end, I ended up getting the flu LOL

Ryan's ear has closed up but has to stay inside, wear a cover over his ear , no gym etc. Much better then any surgery tho!!!

I was told last night I am being sent to several jamboree's this spring including hatfield again so maybe we can get some folks out there to these events

OldGuyonaQuad
02-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Ken, so glad to hear the little guy is doing better.

Now that we have the motorhome we are looking for trips to go so post something up with advance notice and we will try to make it.

Oh and I got sick after we came home....must be something going around.

CJM
02-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Seems like I didnt miss much then.

bigH
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
How is the mx track?? Do not ride trails just mx.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bigH
How is the mx track?? Do not ride trails just mx.

Two beautifully groomed tracks. One adult and one kiddie track.

There were also a couple of ovals to blast around on.