PDA

View Full Version : Moose Poly Case Saver

Stickman400
01-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Anybody installed one of these things? I can get the bottom of it to pop right on, but the top doesn't seem to want to follow suit. Does it need ground down or something? Or am I doing something wrong?

CJM
01-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Probably a small difference in case design. I have a pro design metal case saver and it fit fine but my friend bought the same one and it wouldnt fit his 05.

Your sure your putting it on the right way? Also if your sprockets larger than stock it wont fit.

Stickman400
01-12-2012, 10:13 PM
It will clear my sprocket. And its molded to the case, so I think it is slightly diff. than a 99-04 case. So I think it may need alittle shaving on the top part.

Zeb400EX
01-13-2012, 02:02 AM
when i put mine on, i had to shave it down a little to clear the sprocket with the chain on it. its still a tight fit tho.

05DodgeDakota
01-13-2012, 06:52 PM
I got one. Just give it a few taps with a mallet

Stickman400
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
I just got it installed earlier. It did rub the sprocket barely, and then when I ran the chain through it it didn't even want to go through at all. So I just ground off about 1/4" of plastic off the inside edge and a little tab that I thought it was getting hung up on on the top portion. Then went and bought some longer bolts and ran them through my stock guard and then through the poly and tightened it down. The top still seemed like it didn't want to go on but it still fits decent when tightened down and clears with the chain on.