PDA

View Full Version : Magura install ?

drummer-on-a-EX
03-01-2003, 11:46 AM
The instructions say "Disable or remove return spring on engine clutch arm shaft", how does one disable or remove the spring without removing the clutch cover?

ATVer14
03-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Do you have a service manual? In mine, I think I remember it just saying to swing that clutch arm counterclockwise when looking at the ATV from the front. I would either check with a manual or someone else on this forum for conformation though (I don't have my manual with me).
Ken

400exdad
03-01-2003, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure.... that's the only way I know to do it. I will tell you this, be sure to follow the directions and leave some freeplay in the clutch. My friend, who has an R, went thru 2 slave cylinders and finally ended up taking it off. If nobody answers you here, be sure to call the factory. My friend learned the hard way. Good Luck.

400exdad
03-01-2003, 11:54 AM
ATVer14, that is with the cover removed.

ATVer14
03-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Well, when I put my Magura on, I just unbolted the old stuff and bolted on the new stuff, and then set all the free-play and everything. What exactly do the directions say? I think they're making the process sound harder than it really is.
Ken

Scott400EX
03-01-2003, 04:04 PM
The clutch arm on the side of the engine does not have a return spring that you can get to without taking the side case off!! I jsut onbolted my stock stuff and bolted the magura on and it works great. I think the return spring thing is for different model quads.
and (correct if wrong) dont the clutch plate springs try to push th the clutch plates together anyway? and you pull the clutch lever to compress the springs so the clutch disengages?

Big - D Racing
03-01-2003, 09:12 PM
He's not talking about the clutch springs, he is talking about the return spring on the engagement arm. With regards to that spring you can leave it on or take it off. Magra recomennds taking it off, which does require removing the side case. I would take it off because that spring wii act as extra return tension on the magura clutch and can cause premature wear, although it stilll will work with it on.