PDA

View Full Version : anybody know about ipads?

les70
01-11-2012, 11:08 PM
i have been really considering buying a ipad soon. was looking at a white 32GB ipad2. what are the pros and cons with them? or should i just wait awhile until the new version comes out?

Thumpin440ex
01-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I have the ipad 1 I use now, a ipad 2 still in the box.. Havn't really needed to open it up yet.. It works just about flawless, regardless of what you hear, pay the extra money and get a ipad, over a nook, kible, tablet ect.. The 2 is a dual processor, has a slightly better resolution then the 1, a few more things like a camera and all.. This is coming from a guy that uses windows OS computers.. Still like my Dell's but the ipad is a nice toy to have.. I would go for it..

John

les70
01-11-2012, 11:26 PM
thanks thumpin. im not too savvy on electronics so i need all the advice i can get. what size GB do you have?
i hear there is a ipad3 coming in march??

MattCanada
01-12-2012, 12:19 AM
I would wait until march as there is a good chance of a updated iPad being released then.

Thumpin440ex
01-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Mine is a 32.. If your not savy on them then you will not know any better.. The ipad 2 is pretty slick for the most part.. I am still using a iphone 4 while the 4s is already out, the only beni's it has is the siri, a better camera, a dual processor, some other things. My 4 does all I need it to do, same as my ipad 1, hense the reason I havn't started using my 2 yet lol..I am sure the ipad 2 will do everything you want it to do + some. Not to mention you can get them for decent prices.. You wait for the 3 to come out, that is cool, but prices are going to be jacked up I am sure.. So if you want something now check out the 2's they are tuff to beat.. Just my op..

John

MattCanada
01-12-2012, 12:29 AM
John brings up a good point, if you're not tech savvy its unlikely that you'll really notice the difference between the iPad 2 and its predecessor. Apples track record shows that the price of the iPad 3 or whatever they choose to name it will be the same price as the iPad 2, so if you're not dyeing to get your hands on one you should wait to see what March brings around.

P.S. I still use iPhone 4 too, but with Siri :chinese:

les70
01-12-2012, 12:33 AM
yeah im pretty sure the 2 will be plenty for me. i was thinking when the 3 comes out,prices might not really increase for an effort to stay competitive with the market.

Thumpin440ex
01-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Yah I never was a apple person, there computers are not as user or networking friendly as a windows imo.. But when it came to the portable things such as the ipad, they take the cake..

As for the siri on the 4 i do believe the only way to run that is to have it broke correct? I have no real exp with a broke iphone, but have heard more bad then good about issues and glitches, which is the main reason I left the droid phone( glitches/freezes,kick outs in the OS) Some people have great glitch free use though.. My luck is it would F my chit up hahaha..

John

MattCanada
01-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex

As for the siri on the 4 i do believe the only way to run that is to have it broke correct? I have no real exp with a broke iphone, but have heard more bad then good about issues and glitches, which is the main reason I left the droid phone( glitches/freezes,kick outs in the OS) Some people have great glitch free use though.. My luck is it would F my chit up hahaha..

John

Yeah its Jailbroken and then Siri is ran through a program called Spire haha. Yes you can run in to a few issues/glitches but its highly unlikely.. my phone runs flawlessly and the freedoms of being Jailbroken are amazing.

Thumpin440ex
01-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Yah u can run flash on it you fugger.. Hahaha. One of my biggest issues with the apple phones.. I have heard it could be coming though.. Time will tell

John

sexysilverado45
01-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Not trying to say ipads are bad however the samsung galaxy 10.1tab is the same thing just on android. With the ipad 2 in 32 gb dont you have to have a service provider. I was wanting to get an ipad2 but went with the g tab and im very impressed, it has flash where as ipads dont. I found it interesting when i was doing my research that samsung makes most of the parts for the ipad and they are both dual core. They are so similar that apple tried to sue samsung because the g tab looked to much like an ipad. Also look into the asus transformer prime it is i believe a quad core tablet in 32gb for 400 bucks. If you wait till february samsung will have a quad core tablet out that is in 2k resolution. That is even more definition than 1080.

The battery life on my g tab is roughly 10-12 hrs with moderate use. I also went with a refurb g tab and they can be had for 450-475 or new for around 500-550.

Check out the phandroid.com tablet forum lots of good info and helpful people

As far as android bieng glitchy it is possible, but most of the times its a bad app. Im running a rooted incredible and love it so many roms to choose from and pretty customizable.

rf928
01-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Apple is holding a Mac World Conference jan 26, and it is rumoured, (Unlikely) That the iPad 2 will be dropped in price. The iPad 3 will come out anytime between now, and april. I have no idea further than that, as Tim Cook is now in charge.

The iPad 3 will be thicker due to a higher definition display, as well as some other cool features but you will just have to wait and see ;)

les70
01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
i think i will be patient and wait to see what the ipad 3 brings as far as features and price. i don't think the 2's will be quickly unavailable when the 3 comes out if i do decide on that route.

backwoodsracer
01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
They make great Frisbee's!

Brad77
01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
I can't speak for ipads but speaking of tablet pc's in general. At first I didn't think I would use one much but after getting my toshiba thrive I love it. Works really good for reading the news on the toilet.