PDA

View Full Version : Need RIDERS Input on this tire

300exTJjeeper
03-01-2003, 05:10 AM
OK RIders,

THis will be my first set of paddles that I'll be buying, I have been searching the threads for inputs, comments, and suggestions. And I have came up with these tires.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com./home.asp?
sid=0002187674

I plan on getting the 20x11x8 on .160 rims for my 300ex and then gear up to 14t Front for the difference in Tire size. Then when I go trail riding I'll throw back on my stock tires and then swicth back to the stock 13t, until I can get some 20" holeshots or soemthing down the road.

But what do you guys thing about the tire I want. I want a all around trail tire for the dunes. I like to make sharp turns and stuff liek that, but some hill climbing too of course.

let me know because I want to put this order in on Sunday so I'll be ready for next week.

Thanks in Advance

JOEX
03-01-2003, 12:24 PM
The link goes to the main page:( What is the make and modlel of the tire?

Joe

300exTJjeeper
03-01-2003, 02:52 PM
oppss SOrry about that,

But there Sand Sharks from GDS
I plan on getting the 20x11x8 on .160 rims for my 300ex and then gear up to 14t Front for the difference in Tire size. Then when I go trail riding I'll throw back on my stock tires and then swicth back to the stock 13t, until I can get some 20" holeshots or soemthing down the road.

But what do you guys thing about the tire I want. I want a all around trail tire for the dunes. I like to make sharp turns and stuff liek that, but some hill climbing too of course.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-01-2003, 05:01 PM
I run these on my 400ex when we go to the dunes..They work really well. ;)

Scott400EX
03-01-2003, 05:35 PM
I just bought a set of sand shark 20x11x10s and shark fin 21x7x10 fronts from C&D ill let ya know how well they work when i get em!!

C&D service is GREAT!!!! i ill deffinately buy parts from them again. Check them out before you look at Rocky Moutain atv

300exTJjeeper
03-01-2003, 06:04 PM
THere website is still in the making, I guess. Is there any other way to get a price quote. I mean the old website is really hard to find and look up stuff.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Also how much did you get yours for.

own2424
03-02-2003, 02:46 AM
I have those on my banshee.....They worked great for me.

QuadJunkies
03-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by 300exTJjeeper
oppss SOrry about that,

But there Sand Sharks from GDS

But what do you guys thing about the tire I want. I want a all around trail tire for the dunes. I like to make sharp turns and stuff liek that, but some hill climbing too of course. It soulnds like this will be a good tire to suit your needs..Lets us know how you like them..;)

airheadedduner
03-02-2003, 03:21 AM
To run thoose on the 300ex you will probly need to run the 13t front. On a blaster we have had good luck running 5psi in them to make them spin eaiser. If you are having troble turning them over just add more air.

300exTJjeeper
03-02-2003, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the help and comments,

SO run the 13T, because that is stock right now. Well I'll try them both just order me 14T because later on I'll get some
20" Holeshots or something for the trails because that will be dropping 2" from teh stock 22" donuts that I have right now

I'll post a review up next week after I get back from Glamis on the 8th. Hopefully I won't get to excited, heheh

Str8Wicked
03-03-2003, 01:50 PM
We run them on my uncle's 300 and they run fine witih stock gearing. I would drop a tooth up front thou just for a little extra push.

I run there on my 400 as well....

300exTJjeeper
03-03-2003, 04:07 PM
hey there wicked. Question about the gearing. I am already goign to be dropping tire size on the quad with the new paddles. SO that in return will be lower the gear ratio to more torque and less top end. I run a 13 stock right now.
So with the new paddles it's 2" down from stock tire size, SO I should leave it at that because it will give me more power and less top end, I think if I drop another tooth to 12t I think it will have even less top eand and will take forever to go places, heheh

Well I'll order the 14t and play with them this weekened

QuadJunkies
03-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 300exTJjeeper
hey there wicked. Question about the gearing. I am already goign to be dropping tire size on the quad with the new paddles. SO that in return will be lower the gear ratio to more torque and less top end. I run a 13 stock right now.
So with the new paddles it's 2" down from stock tire size, SO I should leave it at that because it will give me more power and less top end, I think if I drop another tooth to 12t I think it will have even less top eand and will take forever to go places, heheh

Well I'll order the 14t and play with them this weekened Hey, let me know how the 14 tooth does, I used a 12 tooth when I went to St. Anythonys last year and to be honest, I thought it sucked:( My stock done better than the 12tooth did for climbing.JMO but On the 400ex of ours it works all around better dropping a tooth, I was thinking on getting a 14 tooth as anexperiment also, Im anxious to hear how yours does...:D

300exTJjeeper
03-03-2003, 04:49 PM
I will have a post of my review on the 13t and 14t when I get from GLamis this weekened. Thanks for additonal info.

Str8Wicked
03-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Well if the 300 is stock with a 13t I would leave it. I think 12t is too low. The 14T would be one higher than and probably give you more top end.

Merriman
03-03-2003, 10:48 PM
I run those tires on my ATC 250R....I like them, just enough grip to shoot up the hills, but plenty of sliding power too. Also they're cheap, and Light weight, which means that you'll have more power with less unsprung weight. Now for my 400ex, I don't run paddles in the dunes. I ride with straight knobbies, and I love it. there isn't a hill out there I couldn't climb, and it's so much fun to be sliding around out there with out bogging from the pull the paddles put on your

bike.http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43563

this is us, with no paddles.....

quadrcr87
03-04-2003, 08:35 PM
i have skat trak haulers, edge, and sand scakes.
I like the edges on my warrior in the pic best

QuadJunkies
03-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Merriman
I run those tires on my ATC 250R....I like them, just enough grip to shoot up the hills, but plenty of sliding power too. Also they're cheap, and Light weight, which means that you'll have more power with less unsprung weight. Now for my 400ex, I don't run paddles in the dunes. I ride with straight knobbies, and I love it. there isn't a hill out there I couldn't climb, and it's so much fun to be sliding around out there with out bogging from the pull the paddles put on your

bike.http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43563

this is us, with no paddles..... You know. last year we tried out the 400ex with stockers.and it ran great up Thunder Mountain !! seom of the guys couldnt make it up WITH paddles and yet ours went up ..hehe they all had there mouths WIDE open :p :cool:

RuffRyder400ex
03-21-2003, 09:48 AM
I know somone whos runs them on his banshee and they are awsome.

Str8Wicked
03-21-2003, 10:57 AM
On the 400 it will run without paddles but is not as fun as when you have paddles.. i run the sharks on my 400 with mohawks in the front... I dropped a tooth in the front...