PDA

View Full Version : Herrmann a arms

brewster426
01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I bought a set of herrmann long travel arms from a guy on here..he said they accept a 19.5 inch shock, but is there a way to measure the arms to tell for sure what length you need? I would just call herrmann but he is out of business I guess.

3leggeddog
01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
brewster, you are going to need some more info then just the length on the shock. You need to know compressed and extended length also. Here's what you do.

with the a arms and swinger on the bike, remove the shocks. Set a 2x4 on the ground so it is the inch and half way tall. let the quads frame set on top of that 2x4. measure from center of mounting hole, to center of mounting hole for the front shocks. this will give you your "compressed length.

Next, trade the inch and half 2x4 for one that is 12" tall. again rest the frame on the 2x4, or 12" stand or jack stand, whatever. This will give you your "extended length"

Then start calling shock manufactures and give them the info. I would assume Fox,Custom Axis, or someone has the proper shock info already. You may just call them and get more info. from them.

I hope this helps

I do have a friend that has a set of Custom Axis that came off Herman Arms for sale if your interested.

B-Rob

brewster426
01-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Very intersested..please pm me some info thanks man!

eastside 400
01-11-2012, 04:38 PM
if you were going to buy new shocks, most of the shock companies should have the specs for those arms, if i can remember right from when i worked there, they were 19.75 eye to eye for elka. he is out of business though