PDA

View Full Version : OEM 1988 250R Fenders

Number22
01-11-2012, 10:19 AM
I know this is a hugh shot in the dark, but does anyone have a set of stock 88 250R fenders for sale? If so, just email me pics and prices.

Thanks!

89trx250r
01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I know theres people on here with sets...But are you willing to spend a few thousand for them?

Number22
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
I know theres people on here with sets...But are you willing to spend a few thousand for them?

You never know. Up until 2008 I had a two sets myself that I sold on here. Right now I would settle for possibly a used nice clean 88 rear fender.

Meat
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r

Wow, whats the goin' price for a set of new OEM plastics ??

Rich250RRacer
01-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Meat

It would take at least that for me to come off mine.

Jonny B
01-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Meat

I sold 2 full sets 88 front and rears for $2200 EACH SET over this past summer...it would take a lot more to get my last set.

89trx250r
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
See last time i saw a set for sale it was 2500...Its always thousands never hundreds...

Number22
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
That's it, I'm out. The whole quad isn't going to cost that much. If anyone has a nice used 88 rear fender then let me know.

Number22
01-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Heck for that kind of scratch, I'm surprised someone hasn't had exact replicas made. I'm pretty sure that it could be done. I saw the email sent to fullbore, perhaps they should have mentioned some of those prices (not that everyone is that hardcore).

Rich250RRacer
01-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm planning to hold on to them for a while. Hoping for $5K a set, maybe wishful thinking, but they're not costing me anything to sit here.

jhtrx250r
01-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I have a nice used OE rear,it was a replacement bought mid 2000,s sat on a bike I don't use much.
No damage no spider webing or cracks just light use.
Let me know what your wanting to spend.
I'm not going to give them away but was wanting to change up the bike and go white . email me at jhtrx250r@yahoo.com ill get you some good pics , I can't get high res to post on the forum.

Honda5
01-12-2012, 05:33 AM
sent you a pm.

jhtrx250r
01-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Heres a pic of my low hour OE 88 rear

DnB_racing
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I'm planning to hold on to them for a while. Hoping for $5K a set, maybe wishful thinking, but they're not costing me anything to sit here. I dont blame you and I would probly do the same i know they are a collectors piece, but in reality the plastic that's bringing high price wasn't even the ones produced in 88.. they are new COPIES of original.. not original 88 stamped plastics,

and do you realize, prices like this is what will guarantee that seeing any nice 250r's at any starting gate will disappear, anything nice will only be covered up in the basement,and be afraid to be used, only in show rooms and man caves to show your buddies at a get together over a couple beers

i can see this type of price for a original brand new 24 year old set, but not for a set that's been produced after the year 2000,

its a shame!!we are helping eliminate the 250 from being the best quad at the start line from our own greed

D Bergstrom
01-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Number22
Heck for that kind of scratch, I'm surprised someone hasn't had exact replicas made. I'm pretty sure that it could be done. I saw the email sent to fullbore, perhaps they should have mentioned some of those prices (not that everyone is that hardcore).

Problem is though, I bet it is a pretty limited market. Really, how many can afford to spend upwards of $2500 on a set of fenders? I had a hard time spending $550 on a set of Fullbores. If my only option was $2500 fenders, my 250R would go fenderless!

Doug

Number22
01-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
Problem is though, I bet it is a pretty limited market. Really, how many can afford to spend upwards of $2500 on a set of fenders? I had a hard time spending $550 on a set of Fullbores. If my only option was $2500 fenders, my 250R would go fenderless!

Doug

I hear you. I wouldn't spend $2,500 on a set of fenders. Would I spend $1,500? Potentially if that's all I needed to make it mint. The thing is if someone made an exact repro and sold them for just shy of $1K I expect you could sell a decent number. It shouldn't be rocket science to replicate if you have a nice set as a guide and know the right people.

Number22
01-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I dont blame you and I would probly do the same i know they are a collectors piece, but in reality the plastic that's bringing high price wasn't even the ones produced in 88.. they are new COPIES of original.. not original 88 stamped plastics,

and do you realize, prices like this is what will guarantee that seeing any nice 250r's at any starting gate will disappear, anything nice will only be covered up in the basement,and be afraid to be used, only in show rooms and man caves to show your buddies at a get together over a couple beers

i can see this type of price for a original brand new 24 year old set, but not for a set that's been produced after the year 2000,

its a shame!!we are helping eliminate the 250 from being the best quad at the start line from our own greed

Yeah the parts situation with the R is pretty crazy. I knew it was going to happen so I stock piled a ton of parts (including 2 sets of fenders) but got out of the hobby and sold them in 08. Now it makes me think I should just get a used 450R if I want to ride red.

Jonny B
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Even if repro fenders were, even in the same honda red, I think the original oem would still fetch high dollars. People who restore would be the ones to pay for originals...

Could you imagine what a set of new oem 86 fenders with the raised warning labels would get these days??? :eek2:

Number22
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jonny B
Even if repro fenders were, even in the same honda red, I think the original oem would still fetch high dollars. People who restore would be the ones to pay for originals...

That's true, but the market would be far greater for "reasonably priced" OEM style replacements. I would imagine there would be considerable demand for them as opposed to Full Bore, Maier and Laker. I like Full Bore, but I prefer the stock design and colors. I know which one oI would select. Only a select few would be in the market for $2,500 and up NOS OEM's.

jhtrx250r
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
So number22,
Are you looking for a stock rear fender?
Should I send you some more to a email?
The pic I put on the forum is kinda crappy, fenders also pretty dusty from sitting in my attic.
If you have any interest let me know if not ill just throw it back up in the attic.

Thanks James.

Jonny B
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I am also hoping fullbore makes a quility oem replacement someday...although I do love the full front fullbores they offer.

Number22
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by jhtrx250r
So number22,
Are you looking for a stock rear fender?
Should I send you some more to a email?
The pic I put on the forum is kinda crappy, fenders also pretty dusty from sitting in my attic.
If you have any interest let me know if not ill just throw it back up in the attic.

Thanks James.

Hi James,

I am; I found a all stock 88 250r for sale that has a busted rear. Haven't picked it up yet though. I'll let you know something for sure after Sunday as that's when I'm either going to pick it up or go with a 450R. I've had more R's than I can remember (started in the sport back 1990) but fell out of it a few years back. Now I'm just looking for something to ride on the weekends when the weather is nice. R's were always my favorite, but the part situation is a tough one.