PDA

View Full Version : Armidillo a-arms????

HiperEX
03-01-2003, 04:49 AM
this is what i got when i searched 300ex on rockymountain , when did armidillo start makeing arms? i thought they were just a skids and bumper kind of people they look nice tho and they make they for many quads but they were out of stock on rockymount.

HiperEX
03-01-2003, 02:36 PM
you mean no one has an opion what they think of these? o think they look pretty nice, bump

03-01-2003, 02:45 PM
the ball joints look cheap, i know where u can get some nice a arms if ur lookin to buy some , pm if u interested

kicken250x
03-01-2003, 07:40 PM
those arent 300 arms they are yahama arms, most likely a shee. but yea the ball joints do look cheep but other than that they look pretty cleanly made. whats the price on them?

Big - D Racing
03-01-2003, 09:22 PM
no thanks, i'll go with something else

PhilMoore
03-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Steer clear of a-arms with those Volkswagen ball joints in 'em. The other day I saw a guy go from first place, to DNF cuz a threaded ball joint like that broke. (he crashed from it too) I have Burgards on my Banshee, and I am too scared to ride it after seeing that.

KandK952
03-02-2003, 03:24 AM
yeah i broke about 3 of those type of balljoints in a set of +2 burgard a arms in a month. one time nothing happened, one time i went from 2nd to a DNF in a race, and another I endoed hard and the fourwheeler landed on me.

Jnine
03-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Hello guys:

The trouble with the automotive ball joints has less to do with the ball joint, and more to do with the a-arm maker.

Although the automotive ball joints are NOT my favorite, they can work IF your a-arm builder can do any math. Heres the problem.. The ball joint stud can only move so far before they bind against their own housing. The a-arm builder has to take that range of motion into account when he builds the a-arms and sets the angles at the end. Thats where the trouble starts. With so many guys cobbling together a-arms in their garage these days, you really have to ask how many of them know what they are doing. If they get the angle wrong the setup becomes dangerous to the rider. I KNOW some of them have no clue as to what they are building. I can tell by looking at their arms the angles are wrong, and they will bind. Some of them are actually selling a-arms that are going into the reverse portion of the stroke as it sits on the ground. That means over half the ball joint range of motion is used up just sitting in your garage... Guess what happens when you jump it??? The ball joint binds and will break eventually, and you will crash.

Be carefull where you get your a-arms these days guys. There are plenty of part-timers in the A-arm business out only for a quick buck, but it's not them who gets the nasty roll in the dirt.

RIDER11X
03-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Armadiilo makes top quality products so far, and would bet that they will not disappoint us with their a arms. Their skidplates are a close second to Pro- tect. I ran Armadillo rear skids for 4 years now, and other riders are constantly amazed at the abuse that they take in rocky areas at speed with no bending or breaking at all!

Do they have a website?