PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix!

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Track looks a lot better than A1.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7cig0tlBlPY%26fea ture%3Dyoutu.be%26hd%3D1&feature=youtu.be&hd=1&v=7cig0tlBlPY&gl=US

1- RV
2- RD
3- CR
4- JS

TheLane
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Really? you think reed will beat stewart?

1. vp
2. rd
3. js
4. cr

300ex_#387
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Stewart
Villapoto
Reed
Dungey
Brayton

400exHondaRider
01-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Really? you think reed will beat stewart?

1. vp
2. rd
3. js
4. cr
I think he will, ive got nothing against stewart, but he cant finish a race without crashing. Sucks because he could be great if he could stay on the bike.

BlasterEaten250
01-10-2012, 07:05 PM
hmmm... Not sure where to place Stewart. I think if he can get a good start he will be contending for first on this track. But otherwise...

1. RV
2. RD
3. JS
4. CR
5. JB (or Canard if he is back)

89trx250r
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Stewies def looking solid this year,seems to me he's more reserved not just balls to the wall like he was last year...(probably got tired of being hurt) I think as long as he keeps his confidence up and gets good starts hell be able to run up front, but if Rv keeps getting holeshots its gonna be hard to be on his level hes just a boss...RD is looking good also not as fast on that ktm yet but the speed will come in a round or two when hes got the bike dialed...Reed is just a beast always a solid ride from him...

madskrillz2
01-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Stewart seems content this year. He even said in an interview after the race he felt like they were a fourth place all night at Anaheim. Honestly, a Stewart that is content with consistent finishes is scary lol. Kind of weird too. It's like he had a race personality change over night.

1-Stewart
2-Villopoto
3-Dungey
4-Reed
5-Pulling for Windham

SRH
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
stewart
dungey
villopoto
reed
tedesco

poto is going to crash or get held up dungey and reed will stay consistent but poto will run out of time before he gets dungey, stewart will be flying way out front and make minor errors

XCRacer236
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM
1. JS
2. RV
3. CR
4. RD
5. AS

jrspawn
01-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Reed
Dungey
Stewart

440racer66
01-11-2012, 10:52 PM
1. JS
2. RV
3. CR

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-15-2012, 12:51 AM
JS went out in typical number 7 fashion. CRASH! Really sucks because I would like to see him run consistently.

I did however like the comment, "I guess they were havin' a 2 for 1 special out there."

Good ride by Dungey, he made me eat my words and lose 5 bucks. lol. I didn't think he'd be on top until after at least 5 races but he rode well. I think had RV not have crashed Dungey would be sitting #2 though.

And I must say Canard put in a good ride as well for just coming off injury.

Now to wait until Feb...

:ermm:

finsteratv
01-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Dungey made KTM history. It was nice to see Canard out there.

muddy400EX
01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
JS went out in typical number 7 fashion. CRASH! Really sucks because I would like to see him run consistently.

I did however like the comment, "I guess they were havin' a 2 for 1 special out there."

Good ride by Dungey, he made me eat my words and lose 5 bucks. lol. I didn't think he'd be on top until after at least 5 races but he rode well. I think had RV not have crashed Dungey would be sitting #2 though.

And I must say Canard put in a good ride as well for just coming off injury.

Now to wait until Feb...

:ermm:

RV was only 2/10ths of a second faster than dungey. and thats rv pushin balls out, dungey looked like he was cruisin

I was pumped to see dungey take it, i dont like rv. dont know why but i dont, lol

Wish windham coulda got the 3rd though, so close!

300ex_#387
01-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
RV was only 2/10ths of a second faster than dungey. and thats rv pushin balls out, dungey looked like he was cruisin

Dungey had a clear path the whole race and RV was dealing with traffic the whole time. I'd say if RV was in Dungeys spot his times would have been faster.

XCRacer236
01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX

RV was 2/100's faster. They both ran a 52 flat.

I agree, had RV not been in traffic his times might have been a little faster, but Dungey was just cruisin. Was not riding aggressive at all. He had the RIGHT state of mind... KEEP IT ON 2 WHEELS.

TheLane
01-15-2012, 01:34 PM
lol it was obvious noone won the bike giveaway. no one would have had their first thought to win be RD ( as much as it made me happy to see it because i hate RV and JS)

madskrillz2
01-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Good to see Weimer on the podium. I kinda felt bad for him after watching Inside the Outdoors this season. Stewart just needs to settle down. I don't really think it was his fault this time. Looked like the guy in front of him almost just stopped. Either way, he needs to get some confidence back or something. Tired of seeing him take himself out.

SRH
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
im losing faith in stewart , he wasnt even going fast, he should get back out there and let big james whip him

quad2xtreme
01-16-2012, 12:56 PM
two weeks in a row it looked to me like the rebound was too fast in JS's rear shock. Obviously it is setup the way he wants...he just looks so out of control with near wrecks happening 4-5 times in the mains. Reminds me when I had a stock rear Honda shock before going to LT setup with JB Superlink.

Was happy with 1-2 but would have like Kevin to stay in 3rd.

SRH
01-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
two weeks in a row it looked to me like the rebound was too fast in JS's rear shock. Obviously it is setup the way he wants...he just looks so out of control with near wrecks happening 4-5 times in the mains. Reminds me when I had a stock rear Honda shock before going to LT setup with JB Superlink.

Was happy with 1-2 but would have like Kevin to stay in 3rd.

i just gotta say it blows my mind when someone thinks they know, when they got a multi million dollar race team setting up his bike and one of the most naturally talented riders on it , but joe shmo has the hot setup

89trx250r
01-16-2012, 01:11 PM
It blows my mind Someone can be such a douche to someone for just saying what they saw...It was obvious stewart got called out for almost wrecking in the whoops 3 times they even called it the "huck and buck" but there couldnt have been anything wrong cause a multimillion dollar team set it up...You made yourself look stupid for posting such nonsense...Oh p.s. a Jb superlink is for a honda quad not bike so he obviously isnt saying he has the "hot setup"?

quad2xtreme
01-16-2012, 01:13 PM
analyze my comments slowly for me SRH so I can understand which part of my comments caused you to make the joe shmo comment.

madskrillz2
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
Jb superlink is for a honda quad not bike so he obviously isnt saying he has the "hot setup"?

http://www.funnyforumpics.com//forums/ORLY/1/O_RLY-Matrix.jpg

Never woulda thought that. But of course no one on a quad forum would know that anyway......

madskrillz2
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
analyze my comments slowly for me SRH so I can understand which part of my comments caused you to make the joe shmo comment.

He was just making the point you're just another person on a forum trying to tell a pro rider what he should do. Whether you're right or wrong, that's true.

SRH
01-16-2012, 02:45 PM

well james stewart is james stewart, joe gibbs racing is a multi million dollar team

and i dont know you so your joe shmo, john doe and you had a opinion that it was simple to see he just needed to slow down his rebound, nothing joel albrecht, or any of the best suspension guys could see in practice, or heats

to me it was just funny someone would say that

quad2xtreme
01-16-2012, 03:15 PM
I never gave any advice to JS or his team that they should make a change. I clearly stated that it is obviously the way he wants it...even though to me it looks like he is getting bucked out of control 4-5 times in the last two races.

My other statement was merely commenting that his getting bucked around reminds me of what I went through that was corrected by a better suspension setup.

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in SRH. Definitely lost some respect. madskrillz2, sorry to say but I never really had any respect for you so nothing lost.

quad2xtreme
01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
He was just making the point you're just another person on a forum trying to tell a pro rider what he should do. Whether you're right or wrong, that's true.

so where did I try to tell a pro rider what he should do?

quad2xtreme
01-16-2012, 03:36 PM
basically what we have is a topic about the Phoenix race and I gave my viewpoint from what I watched.

So it takes two people to basically say I'm not qualified to have an opinion on what I watched. Sad indeed because I have assessments of pro football games, how the President is doing, on the scents of cologne, and the list goes on. In reality, I guess I am not skilled enough in much to have any opinions.

madskrillz2
01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
so where did I try to tell a pro rider what he should do?

That's just what it sounds like when you talk about what it LOOKED like and then saying what you did to your quad. Only he and his mechanics know how the bike is working. Not necessarily telling him, but sounding like you know what the problem is. Just like SRH said.

madskrillz2
01-17-2012, 12:06 AM
I never gave any advice to JS or his team that they should make a change. I clearly stated that it is obviously the way he wants it...even though to me it looks like he is getting bucked out of control 4-5 times in the last two races.

My other statement was merely commenting that his getting bucked around reminds me of what I went through that was corrected by a better suspension setup.

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in SRH. Definitely lost some respect. madskrillz2, sorry to say but I never really had any respect for you so nothing lost.

I mean I really don't care. I wasn't trying to sound "disrespectful" but I just hate when a person on a forum tries to sound like they know what a pro should do. If you wanna consider the way I interpreted what you said as disrespectful, that's fine. It just sounded like that's what you were getting at.

quad2xtreme
01-17-2012, 05:40 AM
so you guys win...what I meant to say was...

James' bike setup was absolutely perfect being that he has one of the very best teams in the industry so it has to be that James' is no longer riding as well as the other guys as evidenced by the fact he was slower than the other riders...as SRH was able to point out in an earlier post.

Would it still be ok for me to mention that he bobbled on 4-5 laps as long as I don't mention that it seemed like the back end was bucking? I just need to establish where to draw the line.

KKiowaTJ
01-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Alot of guys were having the same issue coming out of the whoops. The difference is the camera is usually on JS alot more along with RV and k-dub.
So when you get more camera time you will get to see more mistakes out of said person. You didn't see RV having problems? Reed?
They could careless about dungy and is for good reason, But the real race was RV and JS climbing back through the pack an laying down lap times.

89trx250r
01-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Actullay if you watched the race at all youd have noticed RV was having problems with his front wheel slipping when going into corners.... JS and some of the lites riders were the ones having issue's in the whoops but im sure your right and know everything like the other two retards, who dont want people to have there own opinion...

SRH
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
so you guys win...what I meant to say was...

James' bike setup was absolutely perfect being that he has one of the very best teams in the industry so it has to be that James' is no longer riding as well as the other guys as evidenced by the fact he was slower than the other riders...as SRH was able to point out in an earlier post.

Would it still be ok for me to mention that he bobbled on 4-5 laps as long as I don't mention that it seemed like the back end was bucking? I just need to establish where to draw the line.

i just thought it sounded ridiculous to say i have the answer to his problems, slow down the rebound

personal opinion over here is yamaha traded marketing for race wins on that design on the yzf and james traded trophys for checks by resigning with them

quad2xtreme
01-17-2012, 06:13 PM
The site would be better off if rebuttals were kept from being personal in nature. My rebuttal would be "I disagree with your assessment. I think James' rebound was set based on overall track conditions so perhaps it wasn't set perfectly for this one section of track but overall it was set to give him the fastest lap times."

Instead, you decide to step in and police my opinion and infer that I am just another dumb know-it-all trying to fix his problem. WRONG! I clearly stated his shock setting was obviously the way he wanted it...BUT TO ME, it seemed like his rebound was too fast. See, that is where I am allowed to have an opinion. It is pretty safe to say he and his team came to the conclusion that this was the best setting for him based on the entire track going into the main. Maybe they made some adjustments before the main and maybe not. I've heard racers stand on the podium saying "we made some adjustments to the suspension for the main that didn't react the way we expected...or we put a different tire on expecting it would provide more traction than it did". Would it be wrong for me to state an opinion that it seemed like a rider has the wrong tire on or the suspension seemed like the rebound was too fast essentially leading to him being bucked in the whoops? I didn't pay much attention to RV in this race but as other said, it appeared that something might have been out of whack with his front end...could be a lot of things. Some opinions might be tire choice and others might think it was the suspension setting. Who really cares what the real cause was and how could it ever be proved?

Folks really need to chill and stop trying to police the site. In reality, nothing has changed. I really haven't changed my opinion that James' bike doesn't seem to be reacting the way it has in the past. I've been watching James race since he was winning on an 85 in the 125 class. I've watched his riding style enough to have an opinion that he doesn't look comfortable or confident right now no matter what he says in that microphone during an interview. We all know Dungey thought poorly of his team last season and yet he never said a negative word about them. See, I just crossed the line again. I stated my opinion about Dungey when I have absolutely no factual information to back my stated opinion that he thought poorly of his team last season. Guess this old dog will never learn.

madskrillz2
01-17-2012, 07:30 PM
The site would be better off if rebuttals were kept from being personal in nature. My rebuttal would be "I disagree with your assessment. I think James' rebound was set based on overall track conditions so perhaps it wasn't set perfectly for this one section of track but overall it was set to give him the fastest lap times."

Instead, you decide to step in and police my opinion and infer that I am just another dumb know-it-all trying to fix his problem. WRONG! I clearly stated his shock setting was obviously the way he wanted it...BUT TO ME, it seemed like his rebound was too fast. See, that is where I am allowed to have an opinion. It is pretty safe to say he and his team came to the conclusion that this was the best setting for him based on the entire track going into the main. Maybe they made some adjustments before the main and maybe not. I've heard racers stand on the podium saying "we made some adjustments to the suspension for the main that didn't react the way we expected...or we put a different tire on expecting it would provide more traction than it did". Would it be wrong for me to state an opinion that it seemed like a rider has the wrong tire on or the suspension seemed like the rebound was too fast essentially leading to him being bucked in the whoops? I didn't pay much attention to RV in this race but as other said, it appeared that something might have been out of whack with his front end...could be a lot of things. Some opinions might be tire choice and others might think it was the suspension setting. Who really cares what the real cause was and how could it ever be proved?

Folks really need to chill and stop trying to police the site. In reality, nothing has changed. I really haven't changed my opinion that James' bike doesn't seem to be reacting the way it has in the past. I've been watching James race since he was winning on an 85 in the 125 class. I've watched his riding style enough to have an opinion that he doesn't look comfortable or confident right now no matter what he says in that microphone during an interview. We all know Dungey thought poorly of his team last season and yet he never said a negative word about them. See, I just crossed the line again. I stated my opinion about Dungey when I have absolutely no factual information to back my stated opinion that he thought poorly of his team last season. Guess this old dog will never learn.

Look, it's fine if it's your opinion. Like I said, it just sounded to me at first like you were giving him advice on what he should do and what his team is doing is wrong. I've just seen that so many times on a forum and it gets old.

powerbomb400
01-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Just reading everybodys posts and I'll tell James Stewart is a excellent rider. That being said being a pro means you can overcome or adjust to the situation. His only bad point is he has a mishap every race at some point in the race and sometimes he overcomes his mishap and sometimes he don't.

KKiowaTJ
01-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Obama did it...... He sent his change and hope....... Black on black sabotage :D

jrspawn
01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Look, it's fine if it's your opinion. Like I said, it just sounded to me at first like you were giving him advice on what he should do and what his team is doing is wrong. I've just seen that so many times on a forum and it gets old.

Look, I've got the advice he needs....HANG IT UP!!! Lol, sorry just had too.... I've been a good boy and didn't stir any Stewart crap this time:devil: :D :blah:

madskrillz2
01-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Look, I've got the advice he needs....HANG IT UP!!! Lol, sorry just had too.... I've been a good boy and didn't stir any Stewart crap this time:devil: :D :blah:

Haha I know I'm surprised you hadn't already said something.

SRH
01-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn

i think reed slowed him down too much, stupid reed :devil:

TheLane
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Sorry i just had to lulz at this a few times.

YOUR ALL DAYM HIPPOCRITES!

Ill go ahead and tell james stewarts master mechanics what you guys all think of his riding.... no worries gaiz. i gotz this.:devil:

mcwilly
01-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Cant believe nobody mentioned this yet...
Did you notice they had RC on a box at the start of the show? :D
Guess somebody made the decision to take him off because he wasnt on it anymore when they had Bret Michaels join them in the broadcast booth. He was as tall as Emig and Shaheen for a little while...

Lasher
01-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I have watched both races a couple times and I see a different James on the track this year than before.

Yes...he sucks at starting so far. I chalk that up to not racing in so long. But he is riding different. More in control, looking around, not pushing the limits as before.

The first two races, James had bad luck between the tough blocks and clipping the rear tire over the wall.

But it is turning out to be a great season so far!

89trx250r
01-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Thats what I posted earlier this post lasher i think hes riding way more in control the old stewart would have went for it and probably been hurt by now just trying to get on the box...He dominates the heat races so it must just be him holding back in the mains!

KKiowaTJ
01-20-2012, 07:53 PM
RC made a comment and its pretty much true. Hes just paving his way to a stock car ride or anything under JGR after his sx/mx career. He will break out soon and make a hard run for the top box and hopefully he keeps in on two wheels.

IMO hes just showing the new team he can be controlled and finish a race. Last year was a pin to win every race and it didn't work out too well. Oh well, Lots of good racing left and as long as he keeps doing what hes doing he will actually finish better in the long run.