PDA

View Full Version : Ridenow Powersports (Tuscon AZ)

alaska450r
01-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I am from Alaska and my son was looking to by a KLX110L (small motorcycle) to run around on and train with. I called Ridenow in Tuscon and asked about their ad on their website that advertised a special on a KLX110L for $3495. For reference, there was no mention of taxes and fees but I always expect those and budget accordingly.

I called the dealership and verbally verified the price and asked what the OTD price would be. The sales guy said they would have to add in taxes etc. but it wouldn't be all that much more.

I sent my son down to the dealership with cash to purchase the bike and when they got to doing the paperwork they had added on an extra $1,000 to the price for shipping from Japan, taxes, title, misc fees, uncrating, and any other possible thing they could think of. What a rip off. When my son balked and said "no way", the guy went to talk to his "manager" and the price came down $200. When my son told him he was crazy, he talked to his manager again and came down another $150. Their final offer was still 25% higher than the advertised price on the website. We walked out and will never be back. This place is a total rip-off. Surely there has to be better dealers in Arizona than this one. These guys acted like sleazy used car salesmen. No way would I ever recommend this place to anyone, and I have been to a lot of dealerships. They are totally dishonest.