PDA

View Full Version : selling my ex....

400eXz
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
well ive decided im not gonna do the tt build, im going to sell my ex to get a bike. already have my friend lined up to buy the quad for 1800, and he is going to buy the new plastics and a arms. once he gets the money for 600 or 700 bucks. i guess im going to get a crf150r as of right now. The only reason im selling is because i went to a mx practice track with my friends and watched they were all on bikes. and it looked way funner than quad racing. i would get a 125 but im just a little bit to short. so i think im gonna get the 150r keep it for a year and get a 250f later on.

Thumpin440ex
01-10-2012, 10:39 AM
To each their own.. I think atv's are more fun then a bike, less tiring.. I would try to borrow or ride some bodys bike a few times before jumping on buying one..Just my op though

John

honda400ex2003
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
:( have fun on the bike

steve

Stickman400
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
On a track they are pretty fun. But on trails they are so much more of a hassle. I rode a friends '07 CR250F the other day on a trail ride with about 10 other people and it really tired me out, constantly having to move your body AND the bike. And your going slow as hell and have to think about everything you do and everywhere you go because you don't have reverse and you can't roll backwards down a hill if you misjudge it and can't make it up to the top. It's just so much more relaxing and easy on a quad. but if you're a good bike rider, go for it, they're really fun if you know how to ride them.

400eXz
01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
i rode my friends 150r at the track, it was pretty fun and fast.

dan5
01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Personally I think a dirt bike Is easier to ride than a Quad .There not as heavy, which means you can throw it around if you get into harry situation. Also you only have one track to worry about which leads to less feed back from the front end due to having only one front tire. you can put the front tire between obstacles

Don,t get me wrong I enjoy my quad to death and much more fun to ride in the sand and snow It's just I think they are harder on the body.

tbrackman84
01-10-2012, 06:57 PM
I wouldnt waste money on a 4 stroke 125 bike thats for sure. You'll get sick of it after a week on it. When I was like 16 I thought that I wanted a bike too and bought an almost brand new RM100. It was fast and really radical, I had alot of fun on it for 2 weeks until I blew the top end :devil:

whatever floats you boat though! if it's a mistake learn from it!