PDA

View Full Version : 450R shock Help

DirtyBirdRacing
01-10-2012, 09:27 AM
About to leave to Go down to the garage and work on my quad a little just basic things I have been having little issues with it, Anyway I just installed my 450R shocks last night (easy as #ell to do so, I just knocked off that little nut and but a flat head bolt on no issues with clearance at all)

-My question is how should I have them set up for woods for a guy that weighs about 165-170??
-How do I know what there set up at right now?
-What does the top screw with the H-S do?
-what does the bottom one do?
-I see that there is a little dot on the shock and one on the screw what are these for?
-If I turn the screw on the shock to many times can the screw come out?
What way should the Res be faceing I have mine toward the back.

I was just thinking about turning the screws all the way down to soft and then working my way up towards hard but wasn’t sure if it would just spin all the way out or if it would stop when it got to the end of soft...

DirtyBirdRacing
01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Ok, So I figured out what the top and bottom screws do, basicly all i need to know now is...

-how should I have them set up for woods for a guy that weighs about 165-170??
-I see that there is a little dot on the shock and one on the screw what are these for?
-If I turn the screw on the shock to many times can the screw come out?

duneslider
01-10-2012, 10:55 AM
For your weight you probably need to set them both all the way to the s. Also set the preload backed all the way off.

honda400ex2003
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
x2 as soft as they will go should be pretty good.

steve

DirtyBirdRacing
01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Ok, Thanks guys, I take it the screw can not come out if i back it all the way to S it will stop on its own? and What are those 2 dots for? ( one on the screw and one on the the shock right next to the screw) should they be lined up after i turn them all the way down to S?

jgar
01-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I just put the R shocks on my ex. The adjustment screws wont back out. I think the dots are reference marks. I adjusted the rebound and compression to full soft.

Longdong
01-10-2012, 07:13 PM
The rebound screw (bottom) can be messed up real easy by turning it to tight. Act as if there is a egg behind it. It has a little needle that closes off a passage. Tighten it to fast or tight and the needle will get messed up. Shock rebuilders will say that is the number one mistake people make!