That is all.

jigg14
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
That is all.
^agreed

ben300
01-10-2012, 06:22 AM
as much as i hate the SEC, and think they are slightly over rated...i was totally happy to see Bama win.

...i was getting really tired of hearing about tryan matheau(spl?).....maybe the problem was the "the honey badger just dont care" enough? haha

Scro
01-10-2012, 06:46 AM
ROLL TIDE!!

01-10-2012, 07:32 AM
roll tide!

mineralgrey01gt
01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Im a LSU fan to the core but bama definitely deserved that one. They came to play and LSU left all talent at home. That O line of bama is awesome I have to give it to them.

For the person that said the SEC is overrated. Go look at the last 5-6 national championships and tell me who won them then come talk about how they are overrated.

jigg14
01-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt

For the person that said the SEC is overrated. Go look at the last 5-6 national championships and tell me who won them then come talk about how they are overrated.
Yeah its kinda hard to argue with that...

woodsman250r
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Most boring NC game ever...EVER! OSU, or Oregon should have played Bama. At least they would have put points on the board. 92 yards of total offense for LSU..C'mon man! The only people who found that game exciting were the ones wearing elephant hats, and sucking on crawfish while flipping back and forth to swamp people. :devil:

jigg14
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
Most boring NC game ever...EVER! OSU, or Oregon should have played Bama. At least they would have put points on the board. 92 yards of total offense for LSU..C'mon man! The only people who found that game exciting were the ones wearing elephant hats, and sucking on crawfish while flipping back and forth to swamp people. :devil:
Oregon or OSU would have never made it past their own 20. Have you seen Alabama's defense?

madskrillz2
01-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r

Lol here we go. If either of those teams played Bama OR LSU it would have been an embarrassment. They've never seen a defense like either teams. Plus, they've never seen a running back like Trent Richardson.

sexysilverado45
01-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Lol here we go. If either of those teams played Bama OR LSU it would have been an embarrassment. They've never seen a defense like either teams. Plus, they've never seen a running back like Trent Richardson.

I was going to stay out of this, however every time i hear about this god like defense of the sec it gets annoying. Here is some food for thought. The big 12 had all of the 10 teams inside the top 11 in the nation as far as offense. Ku was the only one not in the top 11. The sec had one at 18th and then 2nd place in the sec was ranked twenty something. the big 12 defenses were dealing with these high powered offenses all year not to mention the hiesman winner and other hiesman canidates in weeden and then kline who was also mentioned at 6th place and landry jones. The sec was dealing with lesser offenses all year.

Osu would have been a hell of a match for either lsu or bama. They could have put up easily 35 pts on either. And i think oregon could have put up a good fight if lsu wouldnt have had all sumer to prepare for all their offensive looks. Also i think osu defense is alot better than what espn says.

Which leads me to espn they should change their name to sec station. My heavens thats all thry talk about.

Also regarding the honey bager comment. That guy is nothing compared to the real fbs honey badger aka optimus kline, or snyders klines dale, collin kline. The kid leaves every game with atleast 5 cuts with bandages.not to mention breaking a few ribs in week 8 and winning the next 2 weeks.

madskrillz2
01-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
I was going to stay out of this, however every time i hear about this god like defense of the sec it gets annoying. Here is some food for thought. The big 12 had all of the 10 teams inside the top 11 in the nation as far as offense. Ku was the only one not in the top 11. The sec had one at 18th and then 2nd place in the sec was ranked twenty something. the big 12 defenses were dealing with these high powered offenses all year not to mention the hiesman winner and other hiesman canidates in weeden and then kline who was also mentioned at 6th place and landry jones. The sec was dealing with lesser offenses all year.

Osu would have been a hell of a match for either lsu or bama. They could have put up easily 35 pts on either. And i think oregon could have put up a good fight if lsu wouldnt have had all sumer to prepare for all their offensive looks. Also i think osu defense is alot better than what espn says.

Which leads me to espn they should change their name to sec station. My heavens thats all thry talk about.

Also regarding the honey bager comment. That guy is nothing compared to the real fbs honey badger aka optimus kline, or snyders klines dale, collin kline. The kid leaves every game with atleast 5 cuts with bandages.not to mention breaking a few ribs in week 8 and winning the next 2 weeks.

So my question to you would be, what happened to Oregon when they played Auburn? Auburn had one of the worst defenses in the NATION. Not just the SEC. Yet, Oregon still struggled to put points on the board. I mean when OSU lost to IOWA FREAKIN STATE you pretty much have no argument. That's what I don't understand. How does anybody playing that side of the table think they have an argument after that game?

MichaelS693
01-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by ben300
as much as i hate the SEC, and think they are slightly over rated...

:huh :rolleyes:

Scro
01-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by MichaelS693
:huh :rolleyes:

:eek2: How have you been?!? It's been a while.

sexysilverado45
01-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I believe you are talking about Oregon vs auburn last year correct? If so what does that have yo do with anything. Osu lost to Iowa St at Iowa st and see this is something that sec followers dont understand. Any weekend in the big 12 anybody can lose like I said above the numbers dont lie. And its not like the sec any weekend because they have 2 really good teams and then 2 ok teams then what? Exactly nobody. And Iowa St knocked off a number 3 team last year towards the end of the year. Also take into account that osu had a tragedy happen days before their game. I understand Alabama had a tornado but it didnt happen 2 days before a game.

And finally look at what osu did in there last game of the regular season. They demolished ou.

Scro
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Any weekend in the big 12 anybody can lose like I said above the numbers dont lie.

I've never understood that statement. Of course anybody can lose any game. That could be said for college football in general. Hell, if we all knew who was going to win, there would be no point in even watching. As for the SEC, when you play good teams week in and week out, somebody has to lose. Those are the "nobody's" you're referring to. People can form their own opinions about which conferences are better, and argue about it until the cows come home. It won't be settled with the current format we have...but that's nothing new.

edwardsp&b
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Let me lay this out for you, I grew up in the south, was an Allstate selection for 2 years in the state of Ga. Im not here to argue Ok state vs Ala.or whoever. I dont really care, because until they get a playoff system there will be no true champ in my eyes.

But to get to your point about defenses big 12 vs. sec. SEC schools put their fastest and strongest players coming out of high school on defense. WHY? Because they have so many more talented players that they can play on offense. The teams up in the big 12 and other conferences will put that great player on offense because they have to out of neccessity. The SEC schools have so much talent in high schools across the south that they recruit, that they can play that player anywhere they want on either side of the ball. Im willing to bet that if you check out your favorite college teams roster, you will see that some of your best talent is from the south. And with football being just as poplular as religion down here it wont change anytime soon.

For one conference to have won the last 8 titles, and dominating the other opponent (unless its 2 sec schools against each other) I dont think you have a leg to stand on.

I think its a pity that Ok State had a great year, and they deserved a chance at the title. Start a playoff system and teams like that have a chance to win. Although Im pretty sure if a 8 team playoff were to start you would still see a SEC team in the title game more often that not.

As much as I hate Bama, I will congratulate them on the title. There defense is very good!!
Bryan

mineralgrey01gt
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM

Wow you are so dumbfounded.... Oregon had the same amount of time to prepare as LSU did and they couldnt do it. Oregon shouldnt even be in this conversation. If you dont like the SEC well too bad because they dominate every single year. Every other conference has the same chance but noone can take them down lately for the national championship game. You can argue with everyone till your blue in the face but it will not change the fact that the SEC is that DOMINATE in NCAA football.

madskrillz2
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
I believe you are talking about Oregon vs auburn last year correct? If so what does that have yo do with anything. Osu lost to Iowa St at Iowa st and see this is something that sec followers dont understand. Any weekend in the big 12 anybody can lose like I said above the numbers dont lie. And its not like the sec any weekend because they have 2 really good teams and then 2 ok teams then what? Exactly nobody. And Iowa St knocked off a number 3 team last year towards the end of the year. Also take into account that osu had a tragedy happen days before their game. I understand Alabama had a tornado but it didnt happen 2 days before a game.

And finally look at what osu did in there last game of the regular season. They demolished ou.

They were supposed to have an amazing explosive offense like OSU supposedly had is my point. If it was so explosive, why did they struggle to put points on the board? I really wish there was a playoff so we could shut all these people up. It's more annoying to hear about these "explosive offenses" when every year they find a way to choke and then they get mad and wonder why they're not in the BCS Championship. And your comment about the tornado's was unnecessary. Why don't you go tell that to that locker room full of players or my good friend that lost his entire house, quads, and all 4 vehicles? A tragedy is a tragedy.

madskrillz2
01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I've never understood that statement. Of course anybody can lose any game. That could be said for college football in general. Hell, if we all knew who was going to win, there would be no point in even watching. As for the SEC, when you play good teams week in and week out, somebody has to lose. Those are the "nobody's" you're referring to. People can form their own opinions about which conferences are better, and argue about it until the cows come home. It won't be settled with the current format we have...but that's nothing new.

THANK YOU! It kills me when people think all the "middle of the road" teams in the SEC are just abunch of scrub teams. I really wish these other conferences would start scheduling more games with SEC teams during the season.

ben300
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
THANK YOU! It kills me when people think all the "middle of the road" teams in the SEC are just abunch of scrub teams. I really wish these other conferences would start scheduling more games with SEC teams during the season.

thats the problem though. schools from the sec and schools from toher confrences have been trying to schedule each ohter for several years now..i think it was a great move by psu to get like 4 or 5 year deal with bama like they have....

but the problem lies in, with these new super confrences, the shcools have to play the schools in their confrences...you have 10 or 11 regular games a year, and if your have 12-14 teams in a confrence, your going to have to play at least 6-8 teams in your confrence depending on which confrence that is.....not including the fact, that most of thse big time programs bama, psu, ou, tOSU, oregon, forida, lsu, texas, usc, mich, etc, all play some form of tune up games at the begining of the seasons...so...if you play, two tune up games a year, plust your confrence games, that does not leave a whole lot of room for say, a USC, to schedule a georgia or an lsu........

college football is cyclic to...the sec is just dominant right now....there were years when the pac-# was dominant, adn the big twleve or what ever it is now was dominant, and then there were times when the big ten was dominant, and the acc...and so forth...

and who knows..maybe the play off system, if it ever comes, wont benefit the SEC teams...maybe it'll benefit teams from the pac or big 12 with teh high scoring offenses...

i personally, after watching the orange bowl, would have loved to see what dub v's offense could have done against bama or lsu's defenses...

...course, lsu just all around looked good...they should have put lee in....he qb'd 9 winning games this year...more than most schools win....always dance with teh date that brought you there

madskrillz2
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ben300
thats the problem though. schools from the sec and schools from toher confrences have been trying to schedule each ohter for several years now..i think it was a great move by psu to get like 4 or 5 year deal with bama like they have....

but the problem lies in, with these new super confrences, the shcools have to play the schools in their confrences...you have 10 or 11 regular games a year, and if your have 12-14 teams in a confrence, your going to have to play at least 6-8 teams in your confrence depending on which confrence that is.....not including the fact, that most of thse big time programs bama, psu, ou, tOSU, oregon, forida, lsu, texas, usc, mich, etc, all play some form of tune up games at the begining of the seasons...so...if you play, two tune up games a year, plust your confrence games, that does not leave a whole lot of room for say, a USC, to schedule a georgia or an lsu........

college football is cyclic to...the sec is just dominant right now....there were years when the pac-# was dominant, adn the big twleve or what ever it is now was dominant, and then there were times when the big ten was dominant, and the acc...and so forth...

and who knows..maybe the play off system, if it ever comes, wont benefit the SEC teams...maybe it'll benefit teams from the pac or big 12 with teh high scoring offenses...

i personally, after watching the orange bowl, would have loved to see what dub v's offense could have done against bama or lsu's defenses...

...course, lsu just all around looked good...they should have put lee in....he qb'd 9 winning games this year...more than most schools win....always dance with teh date that brought you there

That's exactly why I hate this new super conference crap. For one, it's ruining rivalries in the conference. I think they are moving Auburn to the East so now that game won't actually mean anything. It'll just be bragging rights. I think at this point a playoff is inevitable. At least some form of it. Because like you said, with the new super conference, there's no way teams will be able to fit other teams on their schedule other than "tune ups". A playoff is the only way we'll really get to see the match ups most people want to see.

sexysilverado45
01-11-2012, 03:02 PM
As far as my tornado comment it was no where out of place I was simply showing thats not an excuse as I have heard many times. Sure it was a bad deal im from Kansas so I have seen first hand the devistation it causes and never once said anything along the lines that was talking down about that. Also I have wondered why the big 12 doesn't play more sec teams. A&m played Arkansas this year, but they are moving to the sec so that really seems like a move to get a feel for the confrence. My statement about any given weekend was taken the wrong way. I ment that if you look at it tech knocked off ou at home. Isu knocked off osu. Its a confrence that is strong from top to bottom minus ku. Any given weekend in the big 12 the under dog has a decent chance at winning the game. Unlike win lsu and bama play ol miss and some of the other teams in the confrence I believe Tennessee florida and toleto are in the sec.

As far as the south having more talent. I believe that. football is a religion in TX. However I know one of ksu linebacker and saftey are from ks and osu running back is from Wichita KS. Also ksu got to where they are at from kids I played against in highschool. Right here in good ol ks.

If a play off system were to occur it seems like the top 4 should be in it.

And sec might be a dominating now but when they aren't I dont wanna here any whinning from all there people that are telling all these other people to quite whimming.

I'd also like to note that this was the lowest viewed bsc NC game ever with a 13.8 view rating.

fastrnrik
01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
My opinion- There will never be a true playoff system in college football. There is WAYYYYYYYYY too much money changing hands in the current system for them to change it.

ben300
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
My opinion- There will never be a true playoff system in college football. There is WAYYYYYYYYY too much money changing hands in the current system for them to change it.

they could have a playoff and almost keep the system.....have a 9-10 game season, top 10 teams play for a play off, the ones who dont win it all get randomly put in to the rose, sugar, orange, fiesta bowls, and the final two are in teh NC....

this will also allow the rest of th teams out there to pay in the bowl games they would have originally played in.....hypothetically, they could generate more money cause the bowl season would be longer, they would still play the games, have a play off, and would get more tv/endorsement/commercial/advertisement time

sexysilverado45
01-11-2012, 03:35 PM
That too is a bad thing about college football its all about the money. Also with a playoff you would be asking fans to travel to two games instead of one. Which would be hard.

ben300
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
also, i know this is irrelevant in today s current society, cause in sports, history past 3-5 years means nothing, but the SEC ranks third all time in claimed national championships.....shockingly, the ivy league lays claim to the most, followed by the big ten and then the SEC

Scro
01-11-2012, 03:38 PM
You build it, and they will come. I don't think a playoff would have problems filling a stadium, no matter where it's at.

ben300
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
That too is a bad thing about college football its all about the money. Also with a playoff you would be asking fans to travel to two games instead of one. Which would be hard.

they would do it..sports fans will go...trust me....i went to PSU, and i know tons of ppl that dont miss a game..it dont matter if its in beaver stadium or Tuscaloosa

MichaelS693
01-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Scro
:eek2: How have you been?!? It's been a while.

It's been too long. I've been working non stop! Bout to get married. Just living the American dream. How've you been?

Scro
01-11-2012, 07:44 PM
About the same. Workin, got hitched, doin the whole settled-down thing.

madskrillz2
01-11-2012, 08:21 PM
As far as my tornado comment it was no where out of place I was simply showing thats not an excuse as I have heard many times. Sure it was a bad deal im from Kansas so I have seen first hand the devistation it causes and never once said anything along the lines that was talking down about that. Also I have wondered why the big 12 doesn't play more sec teams. A&m played Arkansas this year, but they are moving to the sec so that really seems like a move to get a feel for the confrence. My statement about any given weekend was taken the wrong way. I ment that if you look at it tech knocked off ou at home. Isu knocked off osu. Its a confrence that is strong from top to bottom minus ku. Any given weekend in the big 12 the under dog has a decent chance at winning the game. Unlike win lsu and bama play ol miss and some of the other teams in the confrence I believe Tennessee florida and toleto are in the sec.

As far as the south having more talent. I believe that. football is a religion in TX. However I know one of ksu linebacker and saftey are from ks and osu running back is from Wichita KS. Also ksu got to where they are at from kids I played against in highschool. Right here in good ol ks.

If a play off system were to occur it seems like the top 4 should be in it.

And sec might be a dominating now but when they aren't I dont wanna here any whinning from all there people that are telling all these other people to quite whimming.

I'd also like to note that this was the lowest viewed bsc NC game ever with a 13.8 view rating.

It just sounded like you were trying to talk it down like it wasn't that bad since it didn't happen within the last week. But if it's not an excuse, then why did you even bring it up? It sure sounded like you were trying to use it as an excuse for OSU.

sexysilverado45
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Because every time I hear someone say osu got beat but they had a tragady happen a few days before then some sec person pops up with what happened this summer in Alabama.