PDA

View Full Version : cannondale cannibal whats it worth?

extremeblastr
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
i have a chance to get a hold of a rolling chassis in great shape. what do you guys think i could sell it for or where i could get a motor and how much it might cost

SRH
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
eh not as much as you might think, i have a rolling chassis, it sat around my shop and i couldnt get $300 for it to any locals

on ebay

frame is going for 150-200

arms $100

spindles $20

Swingarm $90

axle $60

steering stem $30

axle carrier $60

then you got little odds and ends here and there that you might as well throw in when you sell the bigger stuff, but there is alot of cannondale stuff on ebay...ive pieced ours out and have it on there, i get the feeling im going to have to give some stuff away practically

Exrider434
01-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Don't waste your time unless it's free, idk what you can do to those quads but the c-dale motors were junk if I remember correctly.

SRH
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
Don't waste your time unless it's free, idk what you can do to those quads but the c-dale motors were junk if I remember correctly.

you can unbolt the frame cradle and bolt one in that accepts a yzf or crf, jb racing did it awhile back

extremeblastr
01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
where can i get this cradles srh? its everything except for the motor and i can get it for 300. i don't have anything to ride and i'm in the middle of a prime area with tons of trails and a large orv park not far away and a track about an hour south of me that allows quads. its been 2 years since the last time i raced or owned a bike of my own and i'm itching to get back into it.

SRH
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
jb racing used to make them i believe, i bet it would be fairly cheap to make a yzf hybrid out of one

SRH
01-12-2012, 12:33 PM
i found a thread with pics of one

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245530&perpage=10&pagenumber=8

jcv400ex
01-13-2012, 05:28 AM
You can get a cannondale engine more reliable than a YFZ or TRX engine for about the same price. Either way, you're looking at $1,000 for a running quad. Better off getting a 400ex for $1200

jacobw
01-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434

you obviously know nothing about cannondales.....just as much or more reliable and much cheaper to build than todays 450's. Good running ones will bring 2k if they are in decent shape alittle more if have some accessories on them.

jacobw
01-13-2012, 09:15 AM
I would take a cannondale over any of the new 450's price and ease of maintenance wise.....i ran the last one i had for 3 years with no problems what so ever. If you want to learn about cannondales you need to go to cannondaleriders.com and not a site with a bunch of punk kids that know nothing about cannondales except what someones brothers twice removed sisters uncles moms dad had said about them. Take the time and do the proper updates and they are rock solid. Plus they still have a way more advanced EFI than any of the new 450's

jacobw
01-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by SRH
eh not as much as you might think, i have a rolling chassis, it sat around my shop and i couldnt get $300 for it to any locals

on ebay

frame is going for 150-200

arms $100

spindles $20

Swingarm $90

axle $60

steering stem $30

axle carrier $60

then you got little odds and ends here and there that you might as well throw in when you sell the bigger stuff, but there is alot of cannondale stuff on ebay...ive pieced ours out and have it on there, i get the feeling im going to have to give some stuff away practically

go over to cannondaleriders you might be suprised and sell it

Brad77
01-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree, i'm still running my cannondales and haven't had any issues. With the proper updates they are solid quads.

ronnoc47
01-13-2012, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brad77
I agree, i'm still running my cannondales and haven't had any issues. With the proper updates they are solid quads. [/QUOTE
Proper updates are the key to making them super reliable. I've had mine for 9yrs and with updates and proper maintenance these are great machines.
If C-dale could have stuck it out a little longer and dumped the bikes and kept just the quads they would probably still be in business today.
That was one of their mistakes. You don't see Can Am or Polaris trying to build a dirt bike.

ronnoc47
01-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Yes I remember Can Am dirt bikes. I'm not positive but I think that BRP did not own them back then. So when I'm saying that Can Am is not making dirt bikes, I mean BRP.

SRH
01-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ronnoc47
Yes I remember Can Am dirt bikes. I'm not positive but I think that BRP did not own them back then. So when I'm saying that Can Am is not making dirt bikes, I mean BRP.

nope can am has always been a brp company (bombardier) think they even used rotax engines in the can am dirtbikes

ronnoc47
01-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by SRH
nope can am has always been a brp company (bombardier) think they even used rotax engines in the can am dirtbikes

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Jake250ex
01-14-2012, 11:53 PM
I rode a c-dale back in the day and to this day i haven't rode anything as responsive as that thing was.

problem is it ran right for about a year and has been apart ever since. leaking oil, crank problems.... sure was sweet when it was right. If they were reliable and you could get parts id have one over my honda

jesshamner
01-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I rode a c-dale back in the day and to this day i haven't rode anything as responsive as that thing was.

problem is it ran right for about a year and has been apart ever since. leaking oil, crank problems.... sure was sweet when it was right. If they were reliable and you could get parts id have one over my honda

They are, you can, and you should.

TheLane
01-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
They are, you can, and you should.

then why do *you* run a honda?? :devil:

jesshamner
01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Ha ha. Good question. I owned a cdale for eight years. I was ready to move on to something else.