PDA

View Full Version : Fullbore OEM and 2 piece Fenders

dquarton
01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Guys, with hopes diminished for Honda ever making fenders for us, maybe we can sway Fullbore to make a nice 2 piece front and an acceptable OEM replacement. This is an email I sent to Fullbore, as they seem to be the most likely to make a decent set if we push them a bit? Their email is fullboreplastics@msn.com if you should desire to prod them a little like I did. I, along with many others, are just not satisfied with the current offerings, and I feel that fullbore is the only company that can offer the quality that we enthusiasts desire. Here is what I sent:

Myself and quite a few other TRX250R enthusiasts would love to see the quality that Fullbore puts into it’s plastics, put into a 2 piece front fender for the TRX250R, as well as a nice set of OEM replacements and a close match to the OEM 88 TRX 250R red. This would enable us to use carbon fiber hoods with your plastics. Maier makes them, but they offer limited color options, and I have never been impressed with their quality. As you know, the 250R has a HUGE following worldwide, and I would think that you would sell quite a few units if they were produced. As you know Honda has stopped production of these, and demand for nice OEM plastics is at an all time high. When I manage to come by a nice set of newer OEM plastics, they usually sell for a ridiculous price on ebay. My business sells mostly 250R parts on ebay, and I can attest to the number of people worldwide that are fanatics for this incredible sport ATV. People are either building high dollar custom machines, restoring 250R’s to original condition, or just keeping their rider going. Fullbore is really the only game in high quality fenders for the 250R, and we would LOVE to see more options. Namely a 2 piece front fender, and REALLY nice OEM replacements. If you can replicate the 88 TRX 250R Honda red, I know a lot of folks that would be eternally grateful to you. The hopes of Honda re-producing these has faded like an old Maier fender, so give us R fanatics a little love, I think it will work out for you!

HAYESTRX250R
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Great idea. Here is my rough draft to Maier:

Myself and quite a few other TRX250R enthusiasts would love to see you put the quality that Fullbore puts into it’s plastics, put into a 2 piece front fender for the TRX250R, as well as a nice set of OEM replacements and a close match to the OEM 88 TRX 250R red that won't fade. This would enable us to use carbon fiber hoods with your plastics. You sort of make them, but they offer limited color options, and I have never been impressed with their quality. As you know, the 250R has a HUGE following worldwide, and I would think that you would sell quite a few units if they were produced. As you know Honda has stopped production of these, and demand for nice OEM plastics proves that people are high. When I manage to come by a nice set of newer OEM plastics, they usually sell for a ridiculous price on ebay. Some guys have business' selling mostly 250R parts on ebay, and I can attest to the number of people worldwide that are fanatics for this incredible sport ATV because I am one of them. People are either building high dollar custom machines, restoring 250R’s to original condition, or just keeping their rider going. Fullbore is really the only game in high quality fenders for the 250R, and we would LOVE to see more options. Namely a 2 piece front fender, and REALLY nice OEM replacements that hold their shape and color. If you can replicate the 88 TRX 250R Honda red, I know a lot of folks that would be eternally grateful to you. The hopes of Honda re-producing these has faded like an old Maier fender, so give us R fanatics a new improved product., I think it will work out for you!

j/k

dquarton
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
LOL......please dont. Who knows.....maybe Maier ends up being our saviour....

HAYESTRX250R
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't. But there has to be plenty of demand for both of them to prosper.

dustinshuler
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
When I won the GNCC championship on the side x sides a couple years ago I was sponsored by Fullbore. Grant was great to work with and is a good guy. I feel like I built a pretty good relationship with him so I will give him a couple days to chew on your email and I'll give him a call. It can't hurt!

D Bergstrom
01-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Hope Fullbore will help, but I have a feeling they are not going to, hopefully I will be wrong. I tried to order silver fenders through one of their dealers a couple of months ago, they were backordered. The dealer told me no estimated in stock date, so he wouldn't even keep the order. I called Fullbore directly, they told me they were out of stock, and no clue on when they would produce more, told me to try back in a couple of months. Asked the guy if mid January would be a good time to try again, and he said maybe, but more like February. He didn't really seem to care if they ever produced them. After that, I decided that I could take the money I was spending on Fullbores and put it to better use, in all honesty, I think I would rather throw my hard earned money in the trash then give it to Fullbore. Yes, they left a sour taste in my mouth.

Not trying to be negative, but if they won't even produce a set of plastics they already have molds for, I doubt they will design a new set for a over twenty year old quad. Again, hopefully I am wrong.

Doug

hartwill
01-09-2012, 04:33 AM
I was just thinking about this, but is there not a hood you can put on the one piece front fullbore plastics? A little off topic but I'm sure you guys know.

rayman375
01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
I was just thinking about this, but is there not a hood you can put on the one piece front fullbore plastics? A little off topic but I'm sure you guys know.
Yes, FourWerx makes hoods for the Fullbores.

dquarton
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by rayman375
Yes, FourWerx makes hoods for the Fullbores.

Yeah, I just dont like that look though and it seems to defeat the purpose of a hood.

dquarton
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Well, we need to all let them know we want them. Here was their response, no big surprise:

Thanks for the email Dale, but unfortunately there are not enough buyers out there to spend the money on additional tooling or a custom o.e. color. The fenders that we currently produce are all we can offer.

I think if we pepper them requests over a period of time, we may get a more favorable response. Make sure you send them an email. I dont know, maybe Maier would be more responsive? Just not too keen on their attention to detail...

sand_blaster
01-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Do you think Laker would do this?

dquarton
01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by sand_blaster
Do you think Laker would do this?

Who knows, but again, I am just not all that happy with the fit and finish of the Laker plastics.

Higgy87TRX425
01-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Hey guys,
Higgy here, I live just 5mins away from Fullbore and have spoken to them numerous times. You may get a yes one week and a no the other?? How knows why, but I do know that money talks espcially in a bad economy!!!! I'll drop by there here myself here soon to feel them out a little on the topic and see there reaction is to this idea. He seems like a reasonable guy! So who knows??? The idea of everyone sending him emails and requests over and over from different people is a Great idea and just may work. So needless to say I'm in!!! I just want the first set of 2 piece OEM style clear smoked plastics, lol! You know the holy grail of 250r plastics! Those plastics in a 2 piece frontend tickles my stomach, lol! So lets go for it and see what we can come up all together?? I have a brand new set of Maier OEM 2 piece fenders that I could let them use to make the molds. So let me know and we'll see what we can get going?
Thanks Higgy.

markk
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
not sure if anyone noticed but RM ATV has maier R plastic on close out---- makes me wonder if they arnt gona carry the trx250r plastic on hand anymore either! good price though i think it was 169.00.

D Bergstrom
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by markk
not sure if anyone noticed but RM ATV has maier R plastic on close out---- makes me wonder if they arnt gona carry the trx250r plastic on hand anymore either! good price though i think it was 169.00.

Only silver is on closeout because Maier discontinued that color. (Only red, white, and black is avalaible now.) Maier was closeing out all other colors a couple of months ago on their website. I really wanted a set of silver, but only fronts were available, I couldn't find anyplace that had rears in stock.

Doug