PDA

View Full Version : Starter buton wont work??

thibs101
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
i have a 300ex and for some reason it wont start with the starter? changed the cilenoide and the baterie cheked if there was power going to the starter switch and every thing but she wont start with the switch. i have to jump the cilinoide to get her started. i was wondering if it could be because the neutral switch was not properly conected ? ( I dont have reverse or neutral lights on my bike). maybe bypass the neutral switch if i can find it??

anny ideas? anny input is usefull!
Thanks

Marc T

fearlessfred
01-08-2012, 06:28 PM
check fuse first and post if that doesnt work

thibs101
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
yup cheked the fuse! probobly gona wire it so it bypases the fuse cuz i just cant figure out this wirring.... this is probobly why i became a machinist and not a electrician hahaha

fearlessfred
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
i wouldnt bypass the fuse. one of the smaller wires is the ground for the relay to activate .that wire ends up going thru the neutral safty,clutch micro switch and maybe one other thing.find this wire and use a jumper wire to a good ground and see if it works .one of the small wires will have power only with key on and button pushed .one or two of the smaller wires will have power at all times as long as the fuse is good.these wires supply power to the key .the button sends it back to the relay to activate and the ground goes thru the neutral clutch micro to complete circuit by grounding. this in general speaking and not specific to your bike. the ground wire probably has a connection some were on the sufame. ckeck this with a meter or test lite before grounding.it will show power with the key on and button pushed

Y2daT420
02-29-2012, 06:19 PM
did you try it with the clutch pulled in? This should bypass the Neutral safety switch.