PDA

View Full Version : monster energy supercross

01boneless
01-07-2012, 06:58 PM
dont miss it on speed tv starting at 10 and pre show at 9 !!!! also who do u think is going to win?

Drfat400ex
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Im just watching that now. Idk whos gonna win i never really keep track or even watch this stuff so :p

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Lites heats are pretty tight so far. Wilson will get the Lites win with Villopoto taking the 450.

rinconrider
01-08-2012, 08:33 AM
what was the verdict on the winner?

Exrider434
01-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Villopoto took it by quite a bit, Stewart crashed out after making it up to 3rd and finished 6th

Lquad71
01-08-2012, 10:17 AM
cole seely did AWESOME!!! so happy for him!!!

rollie
01-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I am not a RV1 fan, i don't hate him though, but did anyone else notice when erin bates was talking to him early in the show he seemed so relaxed and confident? in the past i feel like he never seemed that relaxed in interviews, not to mention pre first race, where im going with this is i honestly feel that he has a legitimate shot at winning every round this year, i understand stewart is fast and all but RV1 is all about consistency, all i can do is pray he forgets how to go fast so CR22 can win:p

EDIT: i can only speak for the pre race interviews, because i fell asleep as the 125's dropped the gate :rolleyes:

Gapper
01-08-2012, 05:22 PM
cole seely did AWESOME!!! so happy for him!!!

Agreed! I'm a Dean-o fan, but Seely was awesome. Great to see.

Hahn looked super in his heat race, but that gate in the lites main was ridiclous. I know they're allowed 10 seconds but even I was watching it thinking "WTF?"For sure had to mess some of the guys up a little.

i can only speak for the pre race interviews, because i fell asleep as the 125's dropped the gate

Ha ha! So did I , man! Thank goodness for DVR!!!

blacknblue#2
01-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Poto didnt even have a race going on, I was impressed with his riding. The racing was for 2nd/3rd. Is Stewart gonna settle back down or what. Its like he cant suffer taking anything less than first and pushes too hard anymore. Most ppl experience that in their younger years of racing and eventually mature. He is completely the opposite lol

quad2xtreme
01-09-2012, 09:55 AM
From a spectator point of view, I thought the track layout was boring and didn't provide for the "long section" type of passing I like to see. Will the 2nd race there use the exact same layout?

Ryan was impressive and clearly the favorite to dominate this season. From this one race, it looks like only RV can beat RV. Stewart got sloppy like he wasn't conditioned for a full moto. Was happy to see Chad up there. Dungey looked good on his new ride.

All-in-all, it will be a good season even if we only get to see Reed, Dungey, Stewart battle for 2nd-4th.

BlasterEaten250
01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Nope A2 is different
http://www.supercrossonline.com/Tracks.aspx

Hopefully Canard will be back soon to mix it up a little!

quad2xtreme
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Nope A2 is different
http://www.supercrossonline.com/Tracks.aspx

Hopefully Canard will be back soon to mix it up a little!

Thx, good to see.

Lasher
01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Finally got to watch the race last night.

First...hated the track. The whoops became one line (and worn down), seemed too tight and I did not notice optional stuff. Such as everyone was doing the same jumps etc.

RV got the holeshot and checked out. Yeah...he was flying but with an open track in front of him I would expect that.

Stewie seemed like he was uncomfortable at time. Maybe the track, maybe him. A couple laps he pushed it and seemed to ride ok, but there were other times I was like "WTF"

Dungy, seemed ok, glad to see him doing well on KTM.

Reed, same old Reed... :)

quadrcr161
01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
i have one question can dirt bike riders make a clean pass or do they all have to run inside the corner to the outside into the other guys line and put on a block pass? thats all i ever see them do.

quad2xtreme
01-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
i have one question can dirt bike riders make a clean pass or do they all have to run inside the corner to the outside into the other guys line and put on a block pass? thats all i ever see them do.

I used to see it your way...and now I see it as you need to be faster than the guy behind you so he can't do this and likely you don't belong in front of him anyhow. The advantage is definitely with the slower rider in front so a block pass is often the only way for them to pass on these tight tracks. This is why outdoors is so great. You have a 30' wide track that has so many lines. As the slower rider going into the turn, your only real option is to take the inside to inside or inside to outside line and hope the guy doesn't get around you anyhow.