PDA

View Full Version : Engine Blownup

bencasey217
01-07-2012, 11:45 AM
So today I went to go ride and when I turned over my fourwheeler it made like a really weird noise I think was coming from the starter. So I check the oil it is like bone dry, but I only riden it for about 9 hours or so. I finally got it to turn over but everytime you would give it gas it was blow out black smoke, and it wouldn't stay running. Do you guys have any guess on what's wrong with it?

mineralgrey01gt
01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Did it always have oil in it? Thats a lot of oil to burn out in that amount of time if you never noticed it leaking. Did you put oil back in it before you tried to crank it again?

Thumpin440ex
01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
How long did it sit? The oil runs back into the engine if it sits for a long time.. So there still might be oil in it.. How ever like stated that is alot of oil to burn away.. So if you never check it or maintain the bike then that could be fact it is out.. I doubt it is blown up.. Put a half of quart back in it, try to get it started.. Make sure its getting spark, that the fuel is on, that the float is not stuck and flooding the engine..

John

DragonGunner
01-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Black smoke....no oil......= rebuild. If you allow oil to get low you fry your rings, this makes nice little grooves in the cylinder wall an allows what little oil left to pass through to the cylinder an cook off with the gas an comes out as black smoke...my guess is your cylinder wall an piston will be a mess. Putting oil in may be too late. Your saving for a 416 kit anyway right?