PDA

View Full Version : I got a question...

Fred55
03-01-2003, 12:31 AM
I just changed the oil on my Pred. today, and in the manual it says to torque the bolts but i dont have a torque wrench, what should I do? Also in the manual, it says when putting in the filter in, your supposed to put the filter on the spring and then the cover on, I popped the filter on the lid first and then put it on....is that ok to do?? Thanks guys.

TroyLeePred03
03-01-2003, 01:16 AM
ya i just changed my oil today too....just tighten them nice and tight not so much that u strip the bolt, clean up the oil around the 2 bolts and filter cover and go take it for a run after u refill it with 2 quarts of oil and check for any leaks if it leaks tighten them a little more and should be all set....mine was fine.....ya as long as the filter gets on there right...i did the same...put it on the cover and then put it on over the spring...really easy to do...u get a lot of metal stuck to the magnets on the drain plugs and in the filter??any gasket material i had a load of **** on all of it...lol.....got any service questions u can ask me im a polaris dealer and i should be able to answer any questions especially i own the predator myself...how u like yours??after i changed the oil it ran smooth....shifting felt better and gears were smooth and power was stronger feeling...it ran mint...lata~TLP

Fred55
03-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Thanks for replying...and yes the filter, and magnets had a lot of metal shavings on them, but all is good now...i tightened mine enough so i didnt strip it, and im thinking the way we put the filter on...its really hard to mess it up with how its designed.
Well if I have any questions I'll ask you! Your also on Pred500central too arent you??

Oh and whats the easiest way to adjust the front suspension and keep both sides the same?? I just messin around with it trying to get it softer (i had the bike propped up) and i loosened it so much the spring moved :eek: LOL but i did tighten them down more and i measured the amount of thread showing to make sure they're even......is that correct? Oh and tell polaris thanks for the great quad....its GREAT!!!:D

TroyLeePred03
03-01-2003, 02:09 AM
yes measuring is the most accurate way to do that....when u are making small adjustments doing half turns at a time alternating sides is the easiest way to get even slight adjustment....i believe me i was thanking polaris when i found out about project predator because i had been asking them when they were going to make a race type sport quad wit 5 or 6 speed and they always said it was an idea but never told me anything.....ya the filter is pretty self explanatory...lol..ya i am on the same name on different forums....pred500central.com, bluetraxx.com,exriders.com,blasterhq.com(used to have a blaster), and a few other small forums...lata~TLP

Fred55
03-01-2003, 02:28 AM
Thanks! I just love the Pred. Im still getting used to the power LOL and it handles so good.....it was climbing hills like crazy today too!! Too bad I dont have any money for mods like nerf bars and stuff like that...o well its good enough stock for me!!