PDA

View Full Version : staying motivated?

400exHondaRider
01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
What are some good wats to stay motivated while being on a diet/ workout routine? Im 17 and wanting to race mx next year, im going to try and start eating better as well as actually working out in my strength and conditioning class. Any tips on staying motivated ive done thins before but after a few days, i seem to not be able to keep going. any tips is helpful guys thanks.

finsteratv
01-04-2012, 11:15 PM
discipline. get into a schedule and it gets easier.

Kovatch
01-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I used to be extremely motivated to lift, play bball, ride, etc. Now, not so much. I still want to lift or play ball, but if I go by myself, I lose the motivation quick and may lift for 1-2 months at a time.

I found that having a lifting (swimming, etc) buddy helps persuade you to stay active. If you start losing motivation, that call, "hey you going to the gym today. Meet you at 5," often times gets my @$$ out of the house.

KingpinsEx
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Being your first season it may be tough, but my main motivation is to beat the guys who beat me the year before. If you are racing MX you are gonna get tired, so your motivation should be to be able to push the whole race.

McCrillis
01-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Not to sound corny or anything, but music is what gets me motivated lol. I play baseball for a junior college, so I'm working out everyday as well as practice. Somedays it's hard to get the motivation to work out, let alone get out of bed haha. I just throw my earbuds in and put some J Cole on and I'm pumped up lol. I always listen to my phone before I pitch, so I'm focused and ready to go.

rf928
01-05-2012, 06:16 PM
I watch super cross races while on just the stationary bike.

During the summer, I downhill mountain bike, (but then RIDE it back up) because it is fun. I blast some music, or even on some cases I will just listen to a bike revving!! I find it motivating. No more than 30 seconds at a time, or even edit it into a background sound to some good music.

rollie
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
people might disagree with me, but personally i could never, ever stay motivated. To me you either have it or not. You either NEED to win, or your like me, and your happy going as fast as YOU can ride. I didn't train much at all for B class and ran inside in top 10 most of the time, but i was happy with that, if you have that NEED to be in the front, just think about how disappointed you will be when you don't win

Preparation + Opportunity = "Luck"

McCrillis
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
^^^ Guess that's why your sig says retired.

slightlybent47
01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
You can do all the exercise you want but there nothing like seat time to get in shape, and seat time makes you ride better.