PDA

View Full Version : Boots

HondaRacing83
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
What's everyone running for boots nowadays? I got rid of my Thor Quadrants a couple months ago because I outgrew them. I'm not spending Hundreds and hundreds for Gaerne. Tech 8 or Tech 10's or Sidi. I'm looking for the best, cheapest boots. Might go with Quadrants again. I wear a size 13 nike shoe, Fly has Mavericks on sale for $70 in my size. They decent boots? What about Oneal Elements. They look kinda like A stars. Might even go $150 for Fox Comp 5's or No fears. Just lookin for some input and seeing what everyone else is running out there

Titanium
01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
how important is ankle protection? are you racing or what?

HondaRacing83
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
how important is ankle protection? are you racing or what? My Quadrants were great for ankle protection. I plan on doing some xc and gncc in the future. Next year I'd like to run powerline park. This year I'm just gonna do what I can. I trail ride alot

finsteratv
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I got oneal elements because my A stars which i loved where to small :( but i sold em for 50 and bought the elements for 50 so not too bad. only thing is i worked a hole in em from kicking over my CR and hitting the peg.

eastside 400
01-03-2012, 05:45 PM
just got some Sidi Crossfire SRS's, they are sick, very high quality and i love how easily replaceable everything is. haven't gotten to ride with them yet but they look nice

HondaRacing83
01-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
I got oneal elements because my A stars which i loved where to small :( but i sold em for 50 and bought the elements for 50 so not too bad. only thing is i worked a hole in em from kicking over my CR and hitting the peg. were they comfy? good boots? easy to get a hole?

finsteratv
01-03-2012, 06:50 PM
now that im getting them broken in theyre decent. Are what they are for cheapy boots but the only reason i got that hole was because of probably 100 angry kicks out in the woods when i fouled a plug but thought it was somthing else..trailside repair..it's just the surface so it could be stitched up and my A stars had the same hole. held up well in the sand, yet to take them on any real trails. i'd buy again

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I have Sidi Crossfires and will never buy another boot. I've had both the SRS and and TA, the TA is a much better boot.